• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

PikaPika12

I love Entei
    Years
    Can anybody write my profile and answer this question... Can somebody give me a cheat or something to get the National Dex... PlEaSe!!!
    And ThAnK YoU

Years
    1. Yes, you can. Just transfer them from a FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald game that had the Navel Rock event or wait for HeartGold and SoulSilver.
    2. 25 natures. The best nature depends on your needs, really.
    3. EVs are gained in increments of 1, 2, and/or 3 every time experience is gained in battle.
    4. Pokeradar is a Key Item you get after obtaining the National Dex. It allows you to find rare Pokemon in the area. Using it can increase your chances of finding a shiny.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    What about legendaries like Lugia and Ho-oh?

Are there a lot of different natures? Which one is the best?

How do you get EV's?

Whats a pokedar?
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page Click that. It will answer all your questions in depth. Type in "natures", "EVs", "Ho-oh"... anything you want to learn about Pokémon.

As long as you're willing to read loyally, you will learn all about Pokémon quickly, and without having to post every question you've got. :)

Why cant i catch giratina in distortion world with a ultra ball when his health is less then 1% I threw 8 at him. I dont want to have to waste my master ball, is that the only way to capture one? I also tried a timer ball after like 20 battle turns buts that did not seem to do anything either.
    Dusk Balls will work much better than Ultra Balls and Timer Balls. Even after 30 turns, the Dusk Ball will still work just as well, and actually better if the battle has taken less than 30 turns (as long as you're in a cave or Distorion World, or if it's nighttime). Also, like someone else mentioned, you should inflict Giratina with a status ailment. Paralysis, Burn and Poison all work too, but Sleep and Freeze do the most. Even still, Giratina is a hard Pokémon to catch. You shouldn't be surprised that it takes you eight tries, especially if it's only Ultra Balls. I've had a much worse time catching Pokémon before. Also, you don't really need to catch it right now. If you don't, it will just reappear in Turnback Cave later. Be patient.

(By the way, if you don't use your Master Ball, save it for Mesprit or the legendary birds. Especially the legendary birds. ;D)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    how can you tell how much ev points you have on a certain pokemon.. since it is accumulated on the way to 100.
    for instance, if you want to max out attack and then work on defence when would you know how to switch

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    how can you tell how much ev points you have on a certain pokemon.. since it is accumulated on the way to 100.
    for instance, if you want to max out attack and then work on defence when would you know how to switch

You cannot really check to see how many current EV's you have at the time. This is why you may want to keep track of your obtained EV's when training specifically in a certain stat. However, if you want to check if you have used up all your EV's [510], then if you visit the market that sells Ball Capsule Seals, you will find a female in the building. She will judge your first party Pokémon and if it has all EV's then it will earn the Effort Ribbons. This is basically the only way you can tell if you've earned all EV's other than that you can never tell in between unless you keep track.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    You cannot really check to see how many current EV's you have at the time. This is why you may want to keep track of your obtained EV's when training specifically in a certain stat. However, if you want to check if you have used up all your EV's [510], then if you visit the market that sells Ball Capsule Seals, you will find a female in the building. She will judge your first party Pokémon and if it has all EV's then it will earn the Effort Ribbons. This is basically the only way you can tell if you've earned all EV's other than that you can never tell in between unless you keep track.

and how does the ev point sys work.. with bracelets and stuff how many points do you get per pokemon

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
    Need Help

Hi everyone. Lately I've been working on getting the Achievement Stars for my Pokemon Diamond. It's a new goal I set for myself. So far I collected the easiest star.
    "Beat the Elite Four"
    "Win 100 consecutive battles in Battle Tower" [Yes I am awesome :D lol]

Now I've been having problems with one of them.
    "Win any one Master Rank Super Contest"

Now I'm not a good Pokemon Coordinator :(. I'm a excellent battler/trainer :D. So this kinda seems hard for me.

Now with what I need help with. I haven't been able to create a good move set for any Pokemon for the contest.

If anyone could help with Pokemon Contest it'll be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any help.

I would like if you post move list as well as what poffins I should use.

Again Thank You :D

[HoN] Jereziah

Till DEATH do us part!
    Years
    Hold up, explain what you mean by you can't trade them. I may be able to help.
    i cant manage to trade pokemon when i use the seek pokemon option... e.g. there was a guy willing to trade his haunter for another haunter (in order to get gengar) but when i select 'trade pokemon' and then when i select my pokemon (haunter), i cant ... i dunno y... BTW, im using platinum and the pokemon of the guy didnt state a gender

Last edited:

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    hmm, try collecting alot of decorations for the pokemon you enter, having too much is never a bad thing. Also, read the description for the contest moves, maybe you could use a combination of two moves to make them work better, example: Double Team, or Agility+Quick attack, sunny day+Solarbeam, rain dance+hydro pump. I've tried these for the 3rd gen, although I'm not sure about the 4th, hopefully they work. depending on the Pokemon's nature, they will like a certain kind of poffin that increases their contest stats, if your pokemon is quirky natured, then it'll like all kinds of poffins, just make sure you give them poffins with high levels. The color f the poffin also states the stat it'l increase. Hope this helps out! (b")b

NeoZX

◊Change the Future◊
    Years
    i cant manage to trade pokemon when i use the seek pokemon option... e.g. there was a guy willing to trade his haunter for another haunter (in order to get gengar) but when i select 'trade pokemon' and then when i select my pokemon (haunter), i cant ... i dunno y... BTW, im using platinum and the pokemon of the guy didnt state a gender
    I technically have the same problem. Maybe because I'm using a Supercard?
    What card are you using? Emulator cards or the original?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The Platinum GTS doesn't display the level required. They want a Pokémon of a higher level than what you have, but it just doesn't show that.

Mumfie

Norwegian penguin!
    Years
    Tamato Berry?

Smogon.com said:
    The first berry reduces the base stat to 100. After the base stat is at least 100, the EV is reduced by 10 for every berry you give it.

I have maxed my speed Evs to 255. So my question is, could I use one Tamato Berry to reduce the Evs to 240, and then gain 7 EV points? OR would my EV points be reduced to 100 after this Tamato Berry?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have maxed my speed Evs to 255. So my question is, could I use one Tamato Berry to reduce the Evs to 240, and then gain 7 EV points? OR would my EV points be reduced to 100 after this Tamato Berry?

If you use the Tamato Berry on your pokémon for the first time, it will lose 100 EV's. After that, when you use the Tamato Berry again, it will only reduce by 10 EV's.

Back