• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

crowbones80

Beauty
Years
  • Spheres disappearing in the underground

I like burying spheres around my secret base in rows, filling up the floor space as I go - I like to see how they grow, and also I find that there are always loads of places to dig into the walls wherever the spheres have been buried.

I bury the spheres systematically in rows, so I was very surprised to find that a couple of days later, about 10 of the spheres I had buried were missing.

(a) I was the only person who had been down in my underground during that time
    (b) there is no way that I dug them up again - I always leave them to grow

so, I'm wondering, where in the world did they go? Perhaps there is a limit to how many spheres can be buried in the ground at any one time? If so I would like to know just how many can be buried at one time.
    Or maybe do spheres disappear if left in the ground too long?

any ideas anybody, or anyone had similar, or different experiences with this?

discuss :)

Years
  • I'm not sure where I read this, but I've heard that sometimes if the same spheres are buried in an area, they merge. Like a group/couple of pale spheres can merge into one. Maybe that's where they went? I don't know if it's happened in my game or not...

crowbones80

Beauty
    Years
  • oh you mean like if you buried 2 or more of the same type next to each other they might join together? I guess that wouldn't be too bad :) thanks

anyone know if this is true?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    New to EV Training: Help?

Okay, I've done a little homework on EV training, and I think I got the idea down. Now, can you do me a favor and help me understand how to record the following data:

My Elekid (originally a Lv1, just hatched) recently defeated 26 Machokes (2 Atk EV) and is now a Lv 20. Each fight consisted on the wild Machoke appearing, me switching out to a stronger Pokemon, and defeating it. I fought nothing but Machokes.

The Elekid has an Adament nature (+Atk, -SAtk). The whole time it was holding a Power Bracer.

So, for each Machoke did the Elekid get 6 Atk EV? Or did the Adament nature make it more like 7?

Thanks. I've just barely figured out STAB and EVs and am trying to better my team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    Rotom Question

Hello, I just acquired the Secret Key and am planning on changing my Rotom's form soon. I was wondering will Rotom learn the same move set if I evolve it to another form? Or will this cancel out what the Rotom would have learned had I not changed it's form?

I just don't want to change it's form and then lose out on some of the moves it gets through leveling.

Also if I trade a Rotom from Pearl to Platinum will I be able to change it's form with the same Secret Key and trade it back? Just curious.

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Jack_Atlas

Who's your Master of Faster?
    Years
  • If you change its form to (we'll say the fan) You'd be able to teach it only those moves. However, when you change it back and you want to teach the original Rotom one of it's lvl up moves, you would have to go to the move toutor so it could learn the move. When you change it from the wind forme to the original, it will go back to the moveset it had before you changed it will be there.

I hope I helped!

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • If you change its form it still learns its level-up moves as normal. I know because I just redid my Platinum with a Rotomower and he learned all his moves still.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2009
    Ok, I'll test it out and see what happens and post my results here. Does anyone know if you can trade a Rotom from Diamond/Pearl and change it's form after you have already changed the form of the Rotom on the Platinum? And then would you be able to trade it back to the original game?

I keep forgetting about the move deleting and relearning. I'm pretty new to the games but bought all the current ones Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

codymr14

Lakeland city gym trainer
    Years
  • Magmortar question

hey im gonna be breeding magby's soon to find the right naturefor a magmortar so which nature would be the best for a magby that will be a magmortar. like is it gonna be a physical or a special attack one idk what would you recommend?

codymr14

Years
  • Magmortar is more suited for special attacking, so I'd say that Modest would be a good one.

k thats what i thought but then i remembered electrivire how i saw that physical attacks were better so i went adamant with mine but k cool i need to get a female magmar so i can breed cuz i dont have a ditto yet lol but yeah oh and what would you recommend me ev training it in SP ATT. and Speed?

Years
  • Pokemon EV list?

Ok im gona start a new game soon so i can EV train my team. I am working on research an am getting it down. But how do i know what pokemon to fight for what EV points? Anyone have a link for a list of this? I cant find one.

O also this is for PLATINUM

codymr14

Years
  • Ok im gona start a new game soon so i can EV train my team. I am working on research an am getting it down. But how do i know what pokemon to fight for what EV points? Anyone have a link for a list of this? I cant find one.

you can always go to serebii.net and look for EV list in the search bar

rando serian

Platinum League Ghost Leader
    Years
  • Okay, I heard that the Oak's Letter was released in Japan, now, I'm wondering if it's shareable like the Secret Key, or not, like the Member Card.

Years
  • Ok im gona start a new game soon so i can EV train my team. I am working on research an am getting it down. But how do i know what pokemon to fight for what EV points? Anyone have a link for a list of this? I cant find one.

I find this list to be a little easier. Your choice.
    k thats what i thought but then i remembered electrivire how i saw that physical attacks were better so i went adamant with mine but k cool i need to get a female magmar so i can breed cuz i dont have a ditto yet lol but yeah oh and what would you recommend me ev training it in SP ATT. and Speed?

Gastly in the Old Chateau for Sp. atk.
    Zubat in Ravaged Path for Speed.

coolmancam

refreshed trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Thinking about teaching my Prinplup HM "cut" however, would have to get rid of "Pound" in order to do so. Since HM moves cannot seemingly be deleted (or at least initially, anyone know) would this be a worthwhile investment to make.

Both are "normal moves" pound's attk rating it 40 and cuts is 50.

Back