• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    Darn, thanks =D

Yea, I got to Lucian with my setup, but got dominated when he busted out Gallade -_-

Genetics

......................... .
    Years
    that's what I thought. The only thing I don't get is why would you give a hack almost normal stats? like why not go all the way and make it shiny and give it like 300 defences?

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    before the elite four I trained just wegt of sunyshore city where there are two sailors and a tuber

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    So it can go on the GTS?
    I don't think hacked stats and moves can go on the GTS.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Like riku says. Just battle every trainer and don't run from and Wild battles and you shouldn't have any problems when you get to the E4

Years
    Cloning in Pt.

I hear about people cloning pokemon all the time, and I have seen a few guides online that tell how to do it using the gts. But I have Pt, so how do you guys do it? And I do not want to use AR.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    To train for the Elite Four, I actually battle the Elite Four. First, I'll spend all my money on Revives and Hyper Potions (and a few Full Restores), and then just go in, lose several times, and eventually you'll win (with underleveled Pokémon :D)

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    One thing you could do is use a vs seeker to rebattle previous trainers with high lv pokemon. You can also try training off wild pokemon battles.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I've almost finished the Sinnoh dex in platinum and i'm missing (seen) ambipom, sudowoodo, milotic, manaphy, and dusclops. i know i can just evolve aipom, duskull and bonsly and see milotic with cynthia but where am i supposed to see manaphy? i read somewhere you need an egg from pokemon ranger. others say you don't need it. can someone clarify please? because i really don't feel like beating a side game just so i can progress in the main game.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    I've almost finished the Sinnoh dex in platinum and i'm missing (seen) ambipom, sudowoodo, milotic, manaphy, and dusclops. i know i can just evolve aipom, duskull and bonsly and see milotic with cynthia but where am i supposed to see manaphy? i read somewhere you need an egg from pokemon ranger. others say you don't need it. can someone clarify please? because i really don't feel like beating a side game just so i can progress in the main game.
    Manaphy can be seen in Celestic Town, in the book on the table in the Elder's House.
    Milotic can be seen with Cynthia, and the rest can you check in the list at:
    https://pkmn.net/?action=page&id=8582

I just got my Platinum game recently, and I want to transfer some of my Pokemon from Pearl over, but I only have one DS. What should I do?
    You can't... :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2015
    im probly posting in wrong place, but im using no$gba on an english rom of platinum and i got through mt coronet and cyrus uses red chains, then the game freezes. the emulators fine, but the gsame stops
    what am i doing wrong?

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    thank you. i was just at the library and was like, "what the ****? where is it?"

Years
    good water pokemon in platinum?

Here was my team before:
    Ponyta, Turtwig, Espeon, Beautifly, Starly, Roselia
    (it may not look like it, but they were lvl 46-47)
    When I was on my way to Canalave City, I had to use surf. FREAK OUT! I don't have any water Pokemon. None of the ones I've trained could learn surf. I looked in my pc, and I had Shellos(10), Psyduck(5), Floatzel(29), and Marrill(30)I don't particularly like any of those Pokemon, and i usually train Pokemon that I like. Out of those I picked Marrill, but I had to put my Starly back in the PC because I could only have 6 with me. Then my friend gave me a Shaymin(44) and I LOVE Shaymin so I just had to use it, and I put my Roselia away. THen I got it in my head that I wanted an Altaria, so I took out a Swablu(30) and put away Marrill.
    So now my party is Shaymin(45), Swablu(30), Turtwig(47), Ponyta(47), Espeon(47), Beautifly(47).
    What should I do? I was thinking of puttng Shaymin and Swablu back and taking out my Roselia and training Marrill more, but then I would have to teach Beautifly Fly and here's its moves now: Giga Drain, Bug Buzz, Defog, Morning Sun. And I'm not sure if I should teach it 2 HM moves
    So basically for the past 2 weeks or so I've been running around doing nothing, doing Pokemon contests and making poffins and stuff.
    What should I doo???

Back