• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    if i were to teach a mew attract, would it work against everything that isn't the same gender?(everything with a gender)

or would it be completely useless?
    It will fail every time, that's the problem with genderless Pokés...
    But it can't be affected by it either :)

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    I have a question... It's not gameplay, though.

I have a shiny luxray. I'm trying to find a good moveset. I taugh it Rain Dance and plan on keeping it. I will use this moveset:

Rain Dance
    Thunder
    ???????
    ???????

Anyone know any other good attacks? I'm thinking about crunch...

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Fire Fang... Thanks. That will help a lot.
    But... Something to handle ground types... Hmmmm... i can't think about one.

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Ok then. i'll replace Fire Fang with Ice Fang. Thanks so much! Ummm... Where do I make a pokemon learn it? At a Move tutor?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    Here's one where I can help, Luxray can only learn ice fang through breeding, you would need a female of the shinx line and a male of one of the following that knows ice fang: Arbok
    Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior
    Snubbull, Granbull
    Piloswine, Mamoswine
    Poochyena, Mightyena
    Exploud
    Mawile
    Electrike, Manectric
    Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein
    Floatzel
    Hippowdon
    Glaceon

this means your shiny will not be able to learn this move, firefang has the same problem

I got ths info from bulbapedia.

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    One more thing: Where are all 3 Platinum move tutors? I only know 2. The one next to Pastoria and the one on Survival Area and where's the other?

Forget my last post. thanks, Ryu Serpntine. Then I should use Fire Fang? Or other move?

Last edited:

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks. So the best moveset to put would be:

Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Crunch
    Fire Fang

Or should I replace Fire Fang?

Edit: I jjust saw that I can teach Luxray Magnet Rise. Should I teach it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    If you want this moveset on your shny, you'll have to replace firefang with something else.

Unfortunately I don't know much about moves so you'll have to ask someone else what to put. you can look through its moves on it's bulbapedia page and see if you find anything

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    It's ok. I'm just not sure if I should replace Fire Fang with Magnet Rise... I'll go on the strategies/movesets board.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    @ groudonlover: I have no idea why you're giving him that set. The Rain Dance support set is not also a mixed attacker set. Pairing physical moves with special moves is a very bad idea unless the person knows what they're doing, and it is apparent by the fact that he's asking us for help that he doesn't.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    Thanks. So the best moveset to put would be:

Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Crunch
    Fire Fang

Or should I replace Fire Fang?

Edit: I jjust saw that I can teach Luxray Magnet Rise. Should I teach it?

I've had mixed success with Magnet Rise on my electric types. It can be very useful for double battles if you send your Luxray in with a teammate that knows Earthquake. I've used that strategy with my Manectric in Wi-Fi battles, and it works pretty well with proper prediction. Protect is another good option, as it shields against all attacks, not just ground ones. The only downside is that it fails if used in succession too many times. It really just depends on what you need for your team to work well together.

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks to everyone who helped me. So I'm going with:

Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Crunch
    Magnet Rise

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I have a question.

A Custap Berry lets someone move first in a pinch, but what if the opponent uses a priority move like Aqua Jet or Quick Attack?

Who would go first?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I have a question.

A Custap Berry lets someone move first in a pinch, but what if the opponent uses a priority move like Aqua Jet or Quick Attack?

Who would go first?

Priority moves have a +1 bonus, while (if Custap Berry works anything like Quick Claw) the Berry provides no bonus at all and just makes you go first. Since the Berry does not affect speed priority, Quick Attack would actually go first and you would be down a consumable item!

If both Pokemon used a priority move, then the one with the Berry would go first.

The same applies for items like Lagging Tail that make you go last when used against negative priority moves such as Whirlwind, Trick Room, Focus Punch, Vital Throw, or Avalanche, etc.

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Sorry to sound like a noob, but can someone help me again? I need a moveset for my Absol. I'm thinking of:

Swords Dance
    Sucker Punch
    ???????
    ???????

It's current moveset is:

Future Sight
    Swords Dance
    Night slash
    Razor Wind

So... What's a good moveset?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Sorry to sound like a noob, but can someone help me again? I need a moveset for my Absol. I'm thinking of:

Swords Dance
    Sucker Punch
    ???????
    ???????

It's current moveset is:

Future Sight
    Swords Dance
    Night slash
    Razor Wind

So... What's a good moveset?

Something without Razor Wind and Future Sight.

Remember! Absol can also learn Superpower and Psycho Cut, two totally ace moves. It can also learn Aerial Ace, Stone Edge, Fire Blast, a number of status-inflicting moves, and MANY stat-uppers.

Absol can do a lot of things, but based on your current set, I'd like:
    -- Swords Dance
    -- Sucker Punch
    -- Night Slash
    -- Superpower

Back