• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    colonial cobar
    Save in front of Rayqauza. Battle it and Soft Reset if it isn't shiny. All you can do is keep trying. Finding a shiny requires patience, so good luck. If you could use Emerald or DPPt, you would have an easier time finding shinies.

dtex9002

Once-Retired Trainer
    Years
    So I just got Platinum a few days ago after convincing myself that it was a sound purchase. Anyway, I caught Rotom and was hoping to use its new forms in the game, but I don't know how. Could someone explain how to change its forms?

Alexstrasza

Luxray Fanatic.
    Years
    colonial cobar
    Save in front of Rayqauza. Battle it and Soft Reset if it isn't shiny. All you can do is keep trying. Finding a shiny requires patience, so good luck. If you could use Emerald or DPPt, you would have an easier time finding shinies.

Finding a shiny that is a legendary is something like a 1/6196th (increased to 1/4000th in Emerald and 1/1024th in D/P/Pt) each time you begin the battle. 0.01614%

Meaning that you will need approximately 6869 encounters before you have a 67% chance to have seen it... Here are some more figures because I love maths...

To have a 1% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 63 encounters
    To have a 10% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 653 encounters
    To have a 33% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 2481 encounters
    To have a 50% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 4292 encounters
    To have a 67% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 6869 encounters
    To have a 90% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 14265 encounters
    To have a 99% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 28530 encounters
    To have a 99.9% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 42795 encounters
    To have a 100% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : ∞ encounters.

You can never have a 100% chance of seeing a rayquaza after x encounters, unless x = ∞

All I can say to you is, good luck and remember to have a Master Ball handy... :P

Years
    Well, for that you needed to obtain an item called Secret Key. The only way to get it is via Mystery Gift. You could get it in wi-fi from April 20 to May 12, 2009 (June 8 to July 19, 2009 for PAL versions of the game). However, the event is now over, and there is no other way to get it other than waiting for the next distribution. There is currently no news of another distribution happening soon. Unfortunately, you're out of luck for the time being.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    So I just got Platinum a few days ago after convincing myself that it was a sound purchase. Anyway, I caught Rotom and was hoping to use its new forms in the game, but I don't know how. Could someone explain how to change its forms?
    U had to have downloaded the Secret key i think it was via a wi-fi event a couple of months ago which is no longer accessible
    however at the moment u can still get the Member Card and obtain Darkrai

Alexstrasza

Luxray Fanatic.
    Years
    You will need a key, called the Secret Key, you will need access to WiFi for this but... here is a WikiAnswers that helped me :
    Code:
    wiki .answers .com/Q/Is_the_secret_room_for_rotom_only_in_pokemon_platinum <--- remove the spaces... dont have 15 posts
    Be sure to check it out. Only read paragraph 1 and 3, 2 is for the WiFi event (which has passed) but you can still get it : Paragraph 1 & 3

EDIT : The two people above me haven't checked around the internet... remember Google is your friend

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Finding a shiny that is a legendary is something like a 1/6196th (increased to 1/4000th in Emerald and 1/1024th in D/P/Pt) each time you begin the battle. 0.01614%

Meaning that you will need approximately 6869 encounters before you have a 67% chance to have seen it... Here are some more figures because I love maths...

To have a 1% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 63 encounters
    To have a 10% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 653 encounters
    To have a 33% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 2481 encounters
    To have a 50% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 4292 encounters
    To have a 67% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 6869 encounters
    To have a 90% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 14265 encounters
    To have a 99% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 28530 encounters
    To have a 99.9% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : 42795 encounters
    To have a 100% chance of seeing a Shiny Rayquaza : ∞ encounters.

You can never have a 100% chance of seeing a rayquaza after x encounters, unless x = ∞

All I can say to you is, good luck and remember to have a Master Ball handy... :P

Probability does not compile.

Years
    Do you have a legit game?
    It sometimes does not work with Flashcards...
    Does the option to migrate just not show up, or does it not let you transfer anything?
    Also, have you talked to Professor Oak in the PalPark, and received the Chaining Poketch App?

How do I talk with Professor Oak? As for the other question, my platinum is on a R4SDHC, but I was told you could still migrate from emerald. Basically, I want to get a Blaziken and need torchic to be migrated from emerald. Thanks for your time & for answering all my questions.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    First Oak in in the Pal Park Lobby, and you can talk to him by standing in front of him and pressing the (A) button.
    You should try talking to him in Eterna City too, he has a house there. THat will also trigger Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno.
    You can talk with the (A) button this time too xD

Years
    First Oak in in the Pal Park Lobby, and you can talk to him by standing in front of him and pressing the (A) button.
    You should try talking to him in Eterna City too, he has a house there. THat will also trigger Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno.
    You can talk with the (A) button this time too xD

I've done and caught moltres and zapdos. Is there any possibility I can migrate?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2009
    i tried searching at google....
    my problem is i cant load the sav file that was posted here....
    its says " unsupported visualboyadvance save game version 2832146734"

any sollution pls ?

Back