• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That's why I'm asking if someone has an exact picture of where it is, so it can show me where to get it exactly. I know that plates have a very small blinking dot when they are found on the itemfinder, but I didnt find anything like that.

And another thing, where can i get TM73 Thunder Wave?

I don't have an exact image, but if you really cannot find it, then I suggest you try your luck underground.

However, you can find TM73 Thunder Wave at the Fight Area, but in order to obtain it, you have to have a certain amount of Battle Points.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Female. never gotten an egg from the male sides species.

Years
    Um.
    My platinum game has glitch or a broken something. (Or maybe not)
    Saturday, route 225 was swarming with makuhita. The same day, I beat Marley, Gardenia, and Roark at the survival area restaurant. I didn't play yesterday. Today. Nothing has changed. No new swarms. No new challengers at the restaurant. Time is standing still. (Dialga musta messed up :P )

I got a new DS and I've been switching back and forth because I don't want to change my FC yet, so do you think the game is just confused by the two different DS' or is it just messed up?

HELP!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Um.
    My platinum game has glitch or a broken something. (Or maybe not)
    Saturday, route 225 was swarming with makuhita. The same day, I beat Marley, Gardenia, and Roark at the survival area restaurant. I didn't play yesterday. Today. Nothing has changed. No new swarms. No new challengers at the restaurant. Time is standing still. (Dialga musta messed up :P )

I got a new DS and I've been switching back and forth because I don't want to change my FC yet, so do you think the game is just confused by the two different DS' or is it just messed up?

HELP!

Your DS or Platinum is most likely not messed up. Have you used Action Replay on your Platinum game before?

It could be that you are probably not getting a different swarms or new challengers at the restaurant because of how your DS times are not following the correct time, and it is still on the past day.

Years

Your DS or Platinum is most likely not messed up. Have you used Action Replay on your Platinum game before?

It could be that you are probably not getting a different swarms or new challengers at the restaurant because of how your DS times are not following the correct time, and it is still on the past day.

Never used Action Replay. Never will.

I guess the different DS' has something to do with it, but I think they're both on the same time...

ugh.

Years
    The odds of 2 DSes having the EXACT same time are very slim. I guess the game is VERY picky when it comes to time. The solution I think would be to stick to one DS.

Does anyone know if the Masuda Method really works? How many times does it take before you get a Shiny by breedding?

The game checks to see if one of the parents is from a different region then yours. Then, you have 4 times the chance of receiving a shiny egg. It still will be a 1/2048 chance though.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    You could try the GBA-Reset-method, a part of the Time Travel Glitch.
    Insert a GBA Pokémon game into slot 2 and choose to migrate as if you were to PalPark, the game should ask you to reset the clock.
    Let it do that, and tomorrow it should be working again.

Terror

I do all my own stunts.
    Years
    It'll always be the female UNLESS your breeding with a ditto.

I can confirm this to be true.

It will (normally) be the bottom of the female evolution chain (unless you breed with ditto).

How many steps does the black flute repel for? (I've heard it's only one).

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    How many steps does the black flute repel for? (I've heard it's only one).

Yes, the Black Flute only repels for one step and you would have to keep using it everytime you take that one step. To me it is not that worthy of using, and I would suggest using Repels, Super Repels and Max Repels instead. So after one step when using the Black Flute, the repel is off and pokémon will show up once more. Max Repels and all are much more capable of repelling for a longer period of time.

hunterzhorizon

Noob, Needs Teacher.
    Years
    Hey, I JUST got Pokerus for the first time EVER in platinum.
    and i tried google-ing it and it didnt help.
    But does anybody know how Pokerus works with power items.
    not just macho brace, but the anklets and such too.

Thanks.

Years
    Pokerus doubles the EVs you gain after everything else has been calculated:

[Pokerus Bonus] * (EVs gained + EVs from item)
    For Macho Brace:
    In the case of a Pokemon that gives 1 EV:
    2 * (1 * 2) = 2 * 2 = 4 EVs
    In the case of a Pokemon that gives 2 EVs:
    2 * (2 * 2) = 2 * 4 = 8 EVs
    and 3 EVs:
    2 * (3 * 2) = 2 * 6 = 12 EVs

For Power items:
    2 * (1 + 4) = 2 * 5 = 10 EVs
    2 * (2 + 4) = 2 * 6 = 12 EVs
    and 3 EVs:
    2 * (3 + 4) = 2 * 7 = 14 EVs

Does this help?

hunterzhorizon

Noob, Needs Teacher.
    Years
    Pokerus doubles the EVs you gain after everything else has been calculated:

[Pokerus Bonus] * (EVs gained + EVs from item)
    For Macho Brace:
    2 * (1 * 2) = 2 * 2 = 4 EVs
    2 * (2 * 2) = 2 * 4 = 8 EVs
    and 3 EVs:
    2 * (3 * 2) = 2 * 6 = 12 EVs

For Power items:
    2 * (1 + 4) = 2 * 5 = 10 EVs
    2 * (2 + 4) = 2 * 6 = 12 EVs
    and 3 EVs:
    2 * (3 + 4) = 2 * 7 = 14 EVs

Does this help?
    /Love<3

Thanks ABUNCH!:D

Years
    Can you launch the GBA game from the home screen?
    It might be too damaged so that the game does not recognize it as a game...
    Also check that:
    1) You have the National Dex
    2) You have beaten the Weak Five
    3) You have the Pokédex and at least 7 Pokémons caught in the GBA game
    4) It is bootable

Yes, everything is fine (it does all you asked). I've also done everything from 1-4 (I'm guessing your mean the elite 4 + champion when referring to the weak 5).

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    First, you get to Iron Island and go through the cave with Riley. Afterwards, he'll give you an egg with Riolu in it. Then, hatch the egg and level up the Riolu with it having max happiness. It will then evolve into Lucario.
    To add: "Level it up with max happiness during the day, and it'll evolve."

~W.K.

Back