• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
Years
  • Snokotan Pichu

i was checking my pokemon with a legality checker earlier and it said my pikachu coulored pichu was legit but the i took away the everstone and evolved it said when i checked my shakotan pikachu it said HACKED POKEMON why did it say this?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Platinum: Can anyone make a List of partners you can get via events for Battle Tower (like Mira) and where you get them at (like in Route 2 Inside This, Use this to do this)?

So like
    Trainer: Where to get them, what you need, etc

Or you know a website with that done already as I cant find it on Serebii if there is one.

-TheZeide

Years
  • Platinum: Can anyone make a List of partners you can get via events for Battle Tower (like Mira) and where you get them at (like in Route 2 Inside This, Use this to do this)?

So like
    Trainer: Where to get them, what you need, etc

Or you know a website with that done already as I cant find it on Serebii if there is one.

-TheZeide

Mira: Wayward Cave rescue
    Riley: Iron Island quest
    Cheryl: Eterna Forest quest
    Buck: Stark Mountain quest
    Marley: Victory Road hidden area (she can be found in an opening where a fat man was blocking the road, which would be unlocked once you defeat the Elite Four)

Once you come to these areas, everything is straightforward, so there's no need for me to list anything else.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

Mira: Wayward Cave rescue
    Riley: Iron Island quest
    Cheryl: Eterna Forest quest
    Buck: Stark Mountain quest
    Marley: Victory Road hidden area (she can be found in an opening where a fat man was blocking the road, which would be unlocked once you defeat the Elite Four)

Once you come to these areas, everything is straightforward, so there's no need for me to list anything else.

I thought there was atleast like 7...Thanks I couldn't find Mira or Marley to save my life...

-TheZeide

Years
  • I thought there was atleast like 7...Thanks I couldn't find Mira or Marley to save my life...

-TheZeide
    Do you mean you couldn't find your way through Wayward Cave or locate the fat man blocking an entrance? If so, Mira is here, and for Marley, you should trace your way back from the Elite Four building into Victory Road. Look for the Veteran, and the secret entrance should be to the far right on a raised hill.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011

Do you mean you couldn't find your way through Wayward Cave or locate the fat man blocking an entrance? If so, Mira is here, and for Marley, you should trace your way back from the Elite Four building into Victory Road. Look for the Veteran, and the secret entrance should be to the far right on a raised hill.

No i just didnt know where they were...Are you sure thats all of them? I thought there was alot of partners...are some gym leaders/rival/elite4? i remember seeing alot

Also what HM Slave(s) cover all HMs I will need? I never used HM Slaves before.

EDIT: NVM 2 Mews of course xD i feel stupid

-TheZeide

Last edited:
    Years
  • No i just didnt know where they were...Are you sure thats all of them? I thought there was alot of partners...are some gym leaders/rival/elite4? i remember seeing alot

Also what HM Slave(s) cover all HMs I will need? I never used HM Slaves before.

-TheZeide
    There are only five partners.
    If you can, get Biberal and Tropius combo, since they cover all 8 HMs amongst them. I have Cut, Rock Climb, Surf, and Waterfall on Biberal; Strength, Rock Smash, Fly, and Defog on Tropius.

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Maybe just a fault in the checker?
    Or was it possible that a hacked pikachu had the egg? Or the everstone was illegaly obtained?

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2012
    Hi, just wanna ask about PalPad. Whenever you add FC in your PalPad, you'll be asked about Trainer Name, right? I just wonder whether the Trainer Name must be the same as our Trainer Name in our game, or you can just use any name. Thanks.

luxray_12

Loving the originals
    Years
  • Ok so I ev trained my blastoise right, using up all 510 ev's. It's currently level 51. Would it's stats be the same if I used in battle tower as it is now or would it's stats be higher if i raised to level 100 then used it in battle tower. Does it matter even though it's stats will be modified anyway?

Years
  • Hi, just wanna ask about PalPad. Whenever you add FC in your PalPad, you'll be asked about Trainer Name, right? I just wonder whether the Trainer Name must be the same as our Trainer Name in our game, or you can just use any name. Thanks.

Any name will do just fine.
    Ok so I ev trained my blastoise right, using up all 510 ev's. It's currently level 51. Would it's stats be the same if I used in battle tower as it is now or would it's stats be higher if i raised to level 100 then used it in battle tower. Does it matter even though it's stats will be modified anyway?

There's no difference in a Pokemon's stats in the battle tower whether it is lv. 50 or lv. 100.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • I have two questions concerning Pokemon Platinum

First, How do I go about erasing a saved game? I hit Up, Select, B and it did not erase the previously saved game

Also, This question is about WiFi.

My Router used WPA2-PSK as the security and the DS says to enter the WEP key,
    Does my router HAVE to be using WEP security or can I still use WPA2-PSK security?

Thanks in Advanced!

Back