• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Well, unless it gained no Exp. in battle at all (Rare Candies or day care), or you cleared its EVs with berries, it doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, assuming it has no EVs, then the numbers in the brackets are the IVs and EVs of the Pokémon respectively. The EVs you should have provided, while the IVs are calculated. So its IVs would be 8/15/26/11/30/24.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I need help with EV points :(
    So I think I understand them but before I start spending all this time training let me make sure I know what I am doing. Please tell me if I got it right.

So every pokemon you fight gives EV points ranging from 1-3.
    Every 4 EV points = 1 stat point to the relative stat.
    You can have a max of 255 EV points in one stat but after 510 total EV points you stop gaining them.

So if I wanted to train my Mewtwo in Special Attack I would take him to the Pokemon tower and fight Haunters and Ghastlys until he is at 255 EVs. Then after that he is guaranteed max Special Attack? I can take him to the Elite Four to train his levels and by the time he hits lvl 100 he will be maxed in SpAtk right?

And also I would like to know if this means that only the first 510 EV points matter. For example if I start out with a Charmander and I know exactly how I want his 510 EV points to be distributed I would have to not use him in the beginning to prevent him from gaining the wrong EVs? I would have to catch another Pokemon to fight until I get to good places to EV train my Charmander?

Sorry my question is so lengthy but I dont want to start training and find I did it all wrong :(

Great example. And yes, if your Mewtwo has a Modest nature (or any other Sp. Atk boosting nature like Rash, it doesen't matter except for what stat is lowered), a Sp. Atk IV of 31, and 255 EVs in Sp. Atk, your Mewtwo should reach max Sp. Atk, which is 447. Pretty beastly :D

Anyway.. here is my question.

I have the Oak's Letter on my current Platinum save file. If I ever restart my game, will the Oak's Letter still be there on the Mystery Gift available for me to get onto my new save file, or will it disappear?

Just wondering because my Shaymin is teh giga n00bness. Jolly, with crappy IVs.

And if I can't get the Oak's Letter again:

GOD DANGIT WHY DIDN'T I SR?!?!?!?

KiNG LATiOS14

Moriarty = The BEST Trainer 8D
    Years
    Hey, I have a question about the new TRU Arceus. Today I will be going to get one and would like to know that the the best nature is for it. Or what most people are getting for their natures. And do you get to pick the nature you're going to get? Ohh and what do you do there at the store? Like does someone help you or is their a stand or something and what was the feedback when they saw you? :]

Thank You for your time - KL

Years
    The right answer would be Adamant, but since it's lv. 100 and can't gain EVs, it won't be at all useful in battles outside of ingame.
    From my experience with the TRU Manaphy event, you should just walk in, turn on your DS, and then it should tell you that there is a Mystery Gift signal nearby if you didn't already activate it. If you did, you just go to the Mystery Gift option and choose Receive from Wireless. That's it. Pretty simple actually.

Years
    Arceus can learn Extremespeed which is a physical normal type move. Since Arceus is normal type without any plates, it gets STAB giving the 80 base power Extremespeed 120 base power. Since it isn't holding any plates, it can then hold any other item that boosts its power even more like a Silk Scarf or Life Orb. Adamant is to raise the attack power even more. Since Extremespeed always goes first, it can KO many Pokemon very quickly.
    tl;dr: Arceus likes the attack stat because Extremespeed is its most powerful move.

No, you do not pick the nature. If you don't like the nature, you have to turn off your game and then talk to the deliveryman in the Poke mart again until you get the right nature.

Years
    Ok, so I just got Mr. Backlot to plant Dittos in his garden. I travel to the garden, and I find... Chansey? O_o I then leave and come back, to find more Chansey.

Chansey just so happens to be the last pokemon Backlot planted in his garden, previous to now getting Ditto.

What the heck is going on?

For reference, I'm playing Platinum.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    An extra Pokemon end up in the mansion every day - they last for two days there before they disappear for a while again, so effectively on top of the normal Pokemon found there, there's another two on any day, one of them being 'replaced' the next day.

Since you're playing Platinum, this list should help you: https://www.serebii.net/platinum/trophygarden.shtml Basically shows all of the extra Pokemon that can appear.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    hey can anyone please tell me how do you ev train pokemon or how to max out there stasts please reply through vm

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    What bases the way Pokemon in the Day Care accumulate exp. points? I've heard it depended on footsteps, but I wasn't really sure.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Hello.

I went to the GTS to get some ID Codes for the Lottery, then I recieved a Suicune and Ditto from the GTS. They were both Japanese Named. But on their description, it said Faraway Place. Could it mean Johto or is it hacked of some sort?

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    Hello.

I went to the GTS to get some ID Codes for the Lottery, then I recieved a Suicune and Ditto from the GTS. They were both Japanese Named. But on their description, it said Faraway Place. Could it mean Johto or is it hacked of some sort?

Faraway place could mean it is from pokemon XD or colloseum

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2010
    IVs and EVs mechanics and algorithms

Hi! Don't know if this is the right section... I'm trying to develop a pokémon game without RPGMaker XP and the starter kit, making the whole game from scratch. I've tried googling to find IVs and EVs formulas, mechanics etc and how these values influence level up... I'm searching also damage formulas, base stats and the list of each pokémon EV points (es Chansey when defeated gives X EVs to HP etc...). Know any good site (or directly the answers)? Thanks in advance. PS sorry for the bad english.

Back