• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Actually, I think it's something else that makes the pokemon return to you. Or that it's a random code that pops up in the pokemon that does it. I've tried releasing a Buizel that knew surf and it kept running back to me until I just deleted the move and released it. And yes, I did have other surfers in my PC. >_>

Years
    Does anyone know where you can find an absol in Pokemon platinum version? I know you can find one on Mt. Coronet but I've searched almost the hole mountain and I just want to know how I can get one so if you know how or where to get one please post it.

Years
    Does anyone know where you can find an absol in Pokemon platinum version? I know you can find one on Mt. Coronet but I've searched almost the hole mountain and I just want to know how I can get one so if you know how or where to get one please post it.
    They're only found at the summit of the mountain (i.e. the highest part outside). Even then, there's only a 5% chance of encountering one. Good luck!
    I need to know exactly why there are so many restrictions in battles. I need an actual reason.
    What sort of restrictions are you talking about?

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    Question...

If a pokemon needs to be traded and a held item to evolve, say porygon with upgrade, does it still keep the item attached or will the upgrade disapear.​

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I was playing Pearl today and the weirdest thing happened. I was cleaning out my boxes and releasing unneeded pokes when I came upon this careful Lucario, I released it and it came back.

The game said: "Lucario came back! Was it Worried about you?"

This was the first time this has happened in a pokemon game(to me)
    Has this happened to anyone else? and does anyone know why it happens?

Was it traded to you? I'm pretty sure that's why it came back.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    QUESTION: I just received a level 100 Mew from hoen in the GTS. It has PKRS. Can mew get PKRS Legitimately? Or is it a hack?

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Mew can receive Pokerus, but the fact thats its a level 100 mew that someone put up on GTS suggests a hack.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    Quick Question...

I just went to Toys R us to get the Arceus and on bulbapedia it says that the nature of the pokemon will be random when I get it.

If I don't get the nature I want can I save before I talk to the delivery man, get the pokemon, find out it's the wrong nature, and then reset the game and try again?

Will this work with other legendary pokemon that are in the game like Palkia?

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I know that for Pokemon like Palkia, Heatran, etc., you can save your game before you battle them and then reset the game until you get the right nature you want.

As for Arceus, I don't know if saving and resetting the game will work. You could always just try, and if it does turn out to be set, then nothing will be lost on your part. My Arceus was a modest nature, by the way.

EDIT: If Bulbapedia says that it is random, they are probably right.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    Okay on first attempt I got docile nature.

Second attempt I received a Jolly nature.

It is random. I was a little worried that somehow I wouldn't be able to get it again if I reset but it works. Sweetness.

Edit.

Few more questions.

The event arceus has no EVs since it arrived at lvl 100 correct?
    What nature should I use?!
    I have two games so I can use one for Special and one for physical...
    Should I use Jolly or Adamant? Adamant would be better for Extremespeed sets but Jolly might be better for the other physical sets...
    (Same with special sets, should I got for speed or attack?)

Years

It's on the top snowy part. It only has a 5% encounter rate though.
    I need to know exactly why there are so many restrictions in battles. I need an actual reason.

If you mean clauses, then it's to keep the battles fair and as far away from luck and hax as possible. Any person with a Pokemon that knows a sleep inducing move can just put the opponent's whole team to sleep and then sweep without any fear of losing. Hax item (don't see this much though) so that a close battle doesn't turn into a completely swept win just because an item happened to activate at the right time. OHKO move clause so that you don't lose automatically Pokemon just because the opponent got really lucky. Species clause so that when you take down one Pokemon you had a really hard time with, it just doesn't show up again and cost you the game (I think, not too sure about species clause).
    I mean, is this mew useful at all? Can I migrate the PKRS to other pokemon?

Yes. All you have to do is keep it in your party while battle and it will infect the other Pokemon in your party.
    The event arceus has no EVs since it arrived at lvl 100 correct?
    What nature should I use?!
    I have two games so I can use one for Special and one for physical...
    Should I use Jolly or Adamant? Adamant would be better for Extremespeed sets but Jolly might be better for the other physical sets...
    (Same with special sets, should I got for speed or attack?)

1. Yes. It will never gain EVs.
    2. Adamant
    3. Adamant. Although I don't really see what the point is when you can't even use it properly because it can't gain EVs.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    What are the EV reducing berries? How do you reduce your Pokemon's EVs with them? And how much does it reduce the Pokemon's EV? I was wondering this because I'm trying to EV train, but I needed to reduce my Pokemon's other Evs in order to get max EVs.

Years
    Pomeg through Tamato (the ones that say they reduce base stats and raise happiness). If the amount of EVs in a stat is over 110, the first berry reduces that stat's EVs to 100 EVs. Every other berry reduces the EVs in that stat by 10 EVs.

For example: I have a Pokemon with 252 EVs in HP. I use a Pomeg Berry on it. Now it has 100 EVs in HP. I use another on it. Now it has 90 EVs and so on. Make sense?

Back