• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
  • It makes sense accept do you put them in a poffin or something and does it have to be over 110 to lower the EV like if my Bidoof had 20 EVs in HP and I used an EV reducing berry would it not work?

Years
  • No you don't have to make them into poffins first.

I should've worded that part better. If you have under 110 EVs in a stat, the Berries will just remove 10 EVs, so it will still work.

Years
  • No, you "use" it on them like a Protein or HP UP.

From the game you press the X button to bring up the menu. Then you press the up or down buttons until you have selected the BAG option. Then you press the A button. Now, you press the left or right buttons until you're in the bag pocket that says BERRIES or just touch the little berry icon on the touch screen. Now, you press the up or down buttons or scroll using the Pokeball on the touch screen until you have reached the berry that fits your needs. Now you press the A button or the center of the Pokeball. Now, you press the up or down buttons or scroll using the Pokeball on the touch screen until your cursor is on the USE option. Now press the A button or the center of the Pokeball. Now, use the up, down, left, and/or right buttons to choose the Pokemon you want to use it on. Now press A. Now, the Pokemon's EVs have just been reduced. Repeat until you are satisfied or when the EVs can't be reduced any longer.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years

• Was it traded to you? I'm pretty sure that's why it came back.

WRONG!
    Pokés comes back if you have taught them a HM, that block is to prevent you from getting stuck somewhere you need a HM to get from, but you've just released your only Poké with the HM...
    So just delete that HM and you can release it ;)

wu_tiger

Gotta Catch 'Em All
    Years
  • can someone help me. i need a place to level u my pokemon to around level 50 in platinum, where is the best place for me to do this?

KiNG LATiOS14

Moriarty = The BEST Trainer 8D
    Years
  • Are Cloned Pokemon Considered "Legit" and a couple of other questions.

My question is pretty much in the title... Can you trade clones over Wi-Fi and is the clone considered legit? Is It like you have another one with exactly everything the same? Oh and do cloned Events mess up your game, and are they considered an event? Thank You and I hopw someone can clear this up for me. :] - KL

Years
  • My question is pretty much in the title... Can you trade clones over Wi-Fi and is the clone considered legit?
    They should be. (Then again, you don't have to tell the other person they're cloned. Not like they'll ever know. >.>)
    Is It like you have another one with exactly everything the same?
    Pretty much.
    Oh and do cloned Events mess up your game, and are they considered an event? Thank You and I hopw someone can clear this up for me. :] - KL
    Cloning has absolutely no negative effect on your game if you do it correctly.
    Since they're exactly the same, they should be. (Again, no need to tell the other person. >.>)

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • I consider cloned pokemon legit if they do not have a Classic Ribbon since they could have just as well been cloned without any hacking devices through the GTS glitch.

However, if they do have a Classic Ribbon and are cloned, I consider them hacked since it's impossible to clone Classic Ribbon Pokemon without some kind of hacking device.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • can someone help me. i need a place to level u my pokemon to around level 50 in platinum, where is the best place for me to do this?
    Fight/Resort/Survival Area, especially the Trainer Cafe in the latter. If you are not there yet, try Victory Road, Route 230, or Lake Valor.
    were is the best place to train a lvl 18 grass type?

In DP:
    Route 212 South: Wooper lv 18 and 30% encounter rate
    Route 212 South: Rangers with 2 Prinplup, 1 Marill, 1 Aipom all lv 21
    Route 212 South: Collector with 3 Geodude lv 17-19
    Route 212 South: Fisherman with 3 Barboach and 1 Shellos lv 17-20
    Route 212 South: Fisherman with Goldeen and Barboach all lv 19
    Route 212 South: Parasol Lady with Goldeen and Buizel all lv 19
    Route 213: Buizel lv 20-21 and 30% encounter
    Route 213: Tuber Boy with 3 Shellos lv 19-21

In Platinum:
    Route 207: Hiker with Geodude and Nosepass lv 20
    Route 207: Hiker with 3 Geodude and 1 Zubat lv 15-17
    Route 208: Hiker with Onix lv 22
    Route 210 North: Good Rod Fishing Magikarp and Barboach lv 10-25
    Route 210 South: Geodude lv 18 and 30% encounter
    Route 211 West: Hiker with lv 14/18 Geodude/Onix
    Route 212 North: Marill lv 21-23 and 25% encounter rate
    Route 212 South: Shellos lv 23-26 45% encounter rate

Feel free to use Bulbapedia to find more locations.

Xiphian

Dragunov's Kommando
    Years
  • How do you.........?

Okay, so Houndoom and Tyranitar, is it possible to get them on pearl/diamond? Or at leqst theri forms before they evolve?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Okay, so Houndoom and Tyranitar, is it possible to get them on pearl/diamond? Or at leqst theri forms before they evolve?
    Yes, it is possible via PokeRadar.

Houndoom: Route 214 and 215 (Pearl Only)

Larvitar: Route 207 (Diamond Only)

To obtain the PokeRadar, see all Sinnoh Pokemon in your Pokedex and talk to Professor Oak in Sandgem.

To use PokeRadar, first, you need to have many Repel, a high level Pokemon in the front of your party, be off your bicycle, and be in an open field of grass. Then, activate the PokeRadar via your Key Items in your bag. 1-4 patches of grass may shake, so note their location and appearance. Some patches may have dull white flecks, which is where special PokeRadar Pokemon are found. If you found a white speckled patch, use Repel and walk into the patch to intitiate a battle. Catch if the Pokemon is right, or run if it is not to try again. Defeat it to continue the chain of the same species. If you found plain patches, reset or activate the PokeRadar again. If you got a statement such as, "the grass is silent," reset the PokeRadar. If you found a pulsing/glowing patch, it is a shiny Pokemon so use Repel and grab it. :o

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Okay, I just started Platinum, and I traded over a Ralts and a Jolteon, both of which I have leveled up to Lvl 13. The problem is, they are still too weak to fight the trainers and wild pokemon I find, (as I'm past the 2nd gym), and I want to EV train them. Does the exp. share also share EVs? If so, is it a good way to train them?
    Thanks.

Years
  • Yes, the Pokemon holding the Exp. Share get EVs (just keep in mind that they receive EVs normally and that they aren't split). Since you don't have things like Macho Brace, Pokerus, or the Power Items that early in the game (unless you traded them over as well), then doing that is fine.

Or you could backtrack and battle the weaker Pokemon and trainers there.

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Thanks much!

Since you don't have things like Macho Brace, Pokerus, or the Power Items that early in the game
    Another question, where can you find the Macho Brace and the Power bands , as I'm not sure if I have them in Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Transfering Pokemon from ranager to platinum?

How can I transfer Pokemon in my ranager game to my new platinum game ?

Back