• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I tried to release a Quagsire (filler for a trade) I got from FiveOneZero (before my DS broke) and it disappears and reappears in my party and says "it came back! was it worried about you?" what is this and how do I get rid of the Quagsire so I know once Ive fixed my DS

Last edited:

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    I tried to release a Quagsire (filler for a trade) I got from FiveOneZero (before my DS broke) and it disappears and reappears in my party and says "it came back! was it worried about you?" what is this and how do I get rid of the Quagsire so I know once Ive fixed my DS
    IT does that because it's the only Pokémon you have with a certain HM move. Try deleting all its HMs and re-release it again.

Years
    when EV training, say speed training, and i KO Starly, but i run into somthing else, if i run away from that certain pokemon, will it reset my EV stats that i earn from KOing starly? (is it like the Chains for the catching shiny? or somthing different?)

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    when EV training, say speed training, and i KO Starly, but i run into somthing else, if i run away from that certain pokemon, will it reset my EV stats that i earn from KOing starly? (is it like the Chains for the catching shiny? or somthing different?)
    Effort Values cannot be reset by anything other than EV-reducing berries; so don't worry about running from unwanted Pokémon while EV-training.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    What happens if you trade with a D/P/Pt cart that has post-National Dex Pokemon but you don't have the National Dex yet?
    Nothing much happens.

P.S.
    Do you need the National Dex to trade with HG/SS? Can an English Platinum trade with Japanese HG/SS?
    You don't need the National Dex to trade with HG/SS. And no, an English Platinum can't trade with a Japanese HG/SS, games can trade only with games of their language.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    So will the trade be allowed to take place or no?

Yes, the trade will still be able to take place. However if it is a pokémon like the Rotom forms which is only available in Platinum, it would not be able to trade.

Years
    I've got a couple of questions:

Are the statistics of a roaming pokemon determined when it starts roaming or when you first encounter it, or is it something completely different?

Also, if you put steps on an Egg in one game and trade it to another, will the steps still be on it?

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    help.

i have dial up,and before when i tried battling with somebody on wifi for platinum,it wouldnt work,but i can trade and evrything,but my other labtop is faster than the one that i tried battling on,i want to try and battle somebody useing my other laptop,to see if it would work,does anybody want to try it out?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Is there an explanation somewhere about why the uber tier was created why they are banned from being used in battles even though everyone can use them? I suppose I understand that event legendaries should be banned. Anyway the thing that really gets me is that Garchomp and wynaut/wobuffet are considered uber and thus banned.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Yes, the trade will still be able to take place. However if it is a pokémon like the Rotom forms which is only available in Platinum, it would not be able to trade.
    The Rotom formes are in HGSS just take a Rotom to Silph Co.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    MarineCorpsKid: There is a GTS cloning guide here. Feel free to search Google or Youtube "Pokemon GTS Cloning" as well.

Alxprit: The roaming Pokemon's nature and stats are determined when it starts roaming, or basically when you interact with it to set it out into the wild. For example, Cresselia is set when you talk to her on Fullmoon Island. Yes, Egg steps are saved.

shu: I believe you need a wireless router or Nintendo USB adapter in order to trade/battle on WiFi. In other words, get rid of dialup.

Lt. Silver: I do not know of an actual explanation, although if you regularly check out Smogon and their articles (especially on Garchomp and Wobbuffet), you should find that the Uber metagame is very complex. Also, not everyone has access to legitimate Ubers with stellar IVs...

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    If I level a Pokemon thats EV trained (like 200+ in ATK or something) and he gets the stat bonus from leveling, and I reset his EVs using berries, Does that mean his ATK stat will decrease down?

Does EXP Share give EVs?

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Is there an explanation somewhere about why the uber tier was created why they are banned from being used in battles even though everyone can use them? I suppose I understand that event legendaries should be banned. Anyway the thing that really gets me is that Garchomp and wynaut/wobuffet are considered uber and thus banned.

They're Pokemon that have extremely high stats and are mostly legends. It's plain unfair to be using a pokemon that has 100 per base stat. As for Wobbuffet's line, I still don't know completely why they're considered uber.

Back