• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Massive Gain?

ok heres the thing i was training my shedinja against alot of zubats for speed evs and after gaining more then enough i decided to see what would happen if i used a rare candy and to my surprise i gained +18 in speed i am wondering if you have trained enough evs can you just rare candy to get the stats?

Years
    As far as I know, whether you level up through experience or by rare candies makes no difference to the bonuses you get from EV training (however if you don't EV train and just use rare candies, obviously you won't get any bonus).

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I know that you could have gotten the 3 regi's during an event in platinum, but how can I attain the regigigas at snow point temple, despite missing the event?
    Can I migrate the 3 from sapphire and get to fight regigigas with them in my party?

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    I know that you could have gotten the 3 regi's during an event in platinum, but how can I attain the regigigas at snow point temple, despite missing the event?
    Can I migrate the 3 from sapphire and get to fight regigigas with them in my party?
    That's correct; you can migrate the Regi trio from the GBA games, have them in your party and go to the Snowpoint Temple. The rest is self-explainatory.

Years
    I got back to playing pearl, since I found my ds, which I lost in my house. Anyways, I am now at the elite 4, but I would like to get my pokemon to higher levels. Where Could I go to fight trainers with higher level pokemon rather than the elite 4?

Years
    You obtain it on Route 217 near the house with the Hiker inside who says that he lost his HM Rock Climb.

@Blastoise, you can rematch players with the Vs. Seeker. You can Rematch trainers on Victory Road if you don't want to stray far from the Pokemon League. Hope my tips helped.

Last edited:

DasherPunch

Chibi Chimchar FTW
    Years
    How do you count the EVs of your Pokémon, as it is required in the RTM forum?
    If this has been asked before, I'm not going to go through over 200 pages, and the search engine sucks.

Thank you in advance

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Uh, just a little heads-up about RyoThePinnacleOfMasteryAndPerfection's answer to Blastoise's question:

Sadly, it's impossible to use the VS.seeker in a place like the victory road for as far as I know... So it won't work that well there.

I'm quite fond of training by VS.seeking the trainers west of (and north of) Sunnyshore City. There aren't that many of them, but they use a lot of high-leveled Water-types. Hope I helped!

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    Does any 1 know where to find porygon 2 in pokémon platinum. it's the last one i need to finish my regional pokedex

Back