• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
  • The game gets boring after a while. D:

Oh, by the way, should I start a new game? Maybe after I trade my LEGIT Pokemon to HeartGold? (When I get the National Dex, DUH!)
    You could set up an action replay code to set your items to 1 of every item, although its still giving you every item, at least you don't have to deal with 999 of them, since especially with keyitems, it will be glitchy when trying to use them.

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
  • Quick Question #1: I know I can trade between different regions on the GTS (I think...) but can I do a local wireless trade between different region games? (ie. I have a US copy but my friend has an EU game, can we trade/battle etc)? Many Thanks

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Use the Poke Radar in Eterna Forest to catch a Nincada. Train it to level 20 and evolve it while there's an empty slot in your party and a (normal) Poke Ball in your bag.

PikachuFanForever

Pikachu Kid
    Years
  • I need help...

Well on Pokemon platinum I was ment to catch the three mystical pokemon (can`t remember their names) but I chased all of them away...and there not there anymore. Where are they? They don`t come back to the caverns. Also they wont let my go anywhere without catching them.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    1 of them will battle you 2, however, roam in the region and switch whenever a sign pops up (like a Route 1 sign in the top left) Professor Roman tells you this if you just read what he says...use the map tracking app to locate them.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • K when berries says up attack or defense or whatever in a pinch, what exactly is a pinch!?
    "A pinch" usually means when a Pokémon's HP goes lower than half. This applies to all things that mentions "pinches", as far as I know. I was confused about these things before, too ^^"
    Well on Pokemon platinum I was ment to catch the three mystical pokemon (can`t remember their names) but I chased all of them away...and there not there anymore. Where are they? They don`t come back to the caverns. Also they wont let my go anywhere without catching them.
    I'm guessing you're talking about the lake Trio, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf. Mesprit will always run away from you, playing a little game by roaming Sinnoh. It will do this in a similar way to the legendary Dogs in GSC, switching place every time you enter a new town or route (like (I think?) Calder said... kinda hard to understand it). It when you find it in the grass, it will try to escape, but you can battle it. Make sure NOT TO KILL IT.
    With Uxie and Azelf, it looks like you've either defeated them or ran away. Neither of this was good; even tho the game says they 'escape deep into the caves', they actually dissapear from the game. You won't get a second chance. If you want them, you should try to trade with your friends.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Use the Poke Radar in Eterna Forest to catch a Nincada. Train it to level 20 and evolve it while there's an empty slot in your party and a (normal) Poke Ball in your bag.

ok thanks for your help mate

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years

• I'm guessing you're talking about the lake Trio, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf. Mesprit will always run away from you, playing a little game by roaming Sinnoh. It will do this in a similar way to the legendary Dogs in GSC, switching place every time you enter a new town or route (like (I think?) Calder said... kinda hard to understand it). It when you find it in the grass, it will try to escape, but you can battle it. Make sure NOT TO KILL IT.
    With Uxie and Azelf, it looks like you've either defeated them or ran away. Neither of this was good; even tho the game says they 'escape deep into the caves', they actually dissapear from the game. You won't get a second chance. If you want them, you should try to trade with your friends.

An easy way to deal with Mesprit is to go to the area between Sunnyshore and the Hotel and keep moving back and forth while watching the Marking Map app. Another area that works is to enter and exit Jubilife repeatedly while watching the map app.

As for the other two I have heard online that they reappear after beating the E4 again but I don't know as I've never risked trying to figure if this is true or not

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • As for the other two I have heard online that they reappear after beating the E4 again but I don't know as I've never risked trying to figure if this is true or not
    Really? I haven't heard of that at all... I'm positive that they won't reapear in DP atleast, because I should have known if so... With Platinum, I don't know...

Does anyone here know?

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Really? I haven't heard of that at all... I'm positive that they won't reapear in DP atleast, because I should have known if so... With Platinum, I don't know...

Does anyone here know?

Its been said they do on gamefaqs.com in their Q&A section. Other then that I haven't found it but then I haven't looked much lol

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
    Years
  • If i want to make a defense wall poke, what would be the difference between training for defense EV as opposed to as HP EV or would it be kinda the same?

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • New to new regions

Ok well I haven't played Pokemon sence red/yellow/blue/gold.
    And I just bought myself a DS Lite, and see there is a few new Pokemon games and I'm just wondering if people could suggest which one to go for?
    I got a few questions
    1. Do they have online battle mode
    2. Who are the people in the game ( e.g is it Ash and Gary or new people)
    3. How many Pokemon are there? ( was only 151 in my day)
    4. Which Pokemon can you start with?

Please leave any other info you feel I need.
    Thanks

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    And I just bought myself a DS Lite, and see there is a few new Pokemon games and I'm just wondering if people could suggest which one to go for?
    I got a few questions

Thanks
    Get platinum, it has more pokemon than diamond and pearl, plus the elite four actually use the type they claim to specifiy in(ie the fire guy using all fire types, whereas in diamond and pearl he only had 2 fire types.)
    1.) Yes
    2.) You can choose to play as either Lucas or Dawn, with your rival being Barry.
    3.) 493, but in these games you only have to see them for it to count towards your pokedex count. But you don't get info on them until you catch them.
    4.) Turtwig(grass), piplup(water), or chimchar(fire)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I got a few questions

Thanks

Ah the good old days with the old games. xD

Well there are only Diamond, Pearl, Platinum out released in the English so far for the new games. In my opinion, Platinum would be the better one as it is the advanced one from Diamond and Pearl. However, HeartGold and SoulSilver are coming out in English on March 14th which is the improved games from Pokémon Gold and Silver. So out of this, it is really your choice. Get information from the games through here. There is the section with information of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and there is a section with all the information for HeartGold and SoulSilver. Click on any and see which one you like better.

Anyway, yes they do have Wi-Fi battles, this time in a more advanced way; you are able to battle people from around the world. Ash and Gary are no longer there, instead your rival is Barry and your character is either Lucas or Dawn. There are 493 pokémon now in total, so a lot of catching up to do there. ;) Last but not least, the pokémon you can start with in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum are Turtwig [Grass type], Piplup [Water type] and Chimchar [Fire type].
    I think this sums everything up for your questions. Good luck. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2011
    Well, I just read off a certain website (i'm unsure if I am allowed should mention the name so I'll just leave it) that their is a Pikachu Coloured Pichu Event within EU, USA and Australia. I have dnever 'downloaded' a Pokemon off WiFi before and I was questioning how I do it.
    I mean, I have the Mystery Gift tab for my Pokemon Pearl but, I don't know where to go from there, could someone please explain?
    Also, I want to know if this Pikachu Coloured Pichu Event does work in the UK or not?

I'd be very grateful for all the help you can give me. :]

Back