• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I personally have only caught it with a Super Rod however I never bothered to get the old rod and I switched between the Good and Super fishing 3 times with each.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Feebas

This only specifically mentions Super Rod for Diamond/Pearl.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mt._Coronet

This says "Super Rod", but hover over the levels and it says "The Old or Good Rods will also work".

Through my powers of deduction (some say I'm better than Poirot and Sherlock Holmes' lovechild :P) I can conclude that you can catch it with any rod. However I'd advise using Super Rod just because Magikarp coming up is so horrendously irritating ;)

KaraC

Champion Wannabe
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Is there any way to send/receive Wonder Cards? ie: Secret Key to change Rotom or Member's Card for Darkrai or Edge of Night Sky Jirachi?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Is there any way to send/receive Wonder Cards? ie: Secret Key to change Rotom or Member's Card for Darkrai or Edge of Night Sky Jirachi?

Some of the cards you can transfer to a friend. I believe it needs to be done Wirelessly, (two DS in the same room).

When you go to the Mystery Gift screen, you can select to view your cards. There should be an option there to send it to a friend if it is possible to do so. I unfortunately do not know which ones can be gifted and which ones cannot. (I know the Night Sky Jirachi cannot be sent to a friend, though.)

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    Just read this..

From Emerald onwards, if the Pokémon with this ability is leading the party, Synchronize gives a 50% chance of encountering a wild Pokémon with the same nature. However, this does not apply to any Pokémon created with Method 1 of the random number generator. This includes Emerald's 'one-off' Pokémon such as legendaries, Castform, and Beldum, as well as Generation IV's roaming legendaries and its non-legendary one-offs, including Bebe's Eevee and the Porygon in Veilstone City.

Will Heatran from Platinum and the Enigma Stone Latias from SoulSilver work with this method as I would like certain Natured Legends.

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
    At the end of the cycle road in diamond, after you had just received the bicycle and arrive to the next road, you meet dawn again for the second time I beleive, and she gives you two options to choose (left or right hand). What does she gives you in each options and if I choose one, will I be able to obtain the other things later in the game or not?

Kianna

blip blip
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2011
    How do I catch a Cresselia with a Nature I require?

Save before you talk to it at Full Moon Island. Release it into Sinnoh then catch it. If it doesn't have the nature you want, you have to reset to before you released it.

^^^ Agree with the above. However, if you have/can get your hands on a Pokemon with the ability Synchronize and the nature you're looking for, you can put it at the head of your party and the Cresselia will have a 50% percent chance of getting the nature you want.:)

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Manaphy help?!

I really want to complete the sinnoh pokedex, and it says on serebii that I need to find a manaphy. I know where the manaphy is, (the backlot mansion I think?) in a book. But when I try and read the book it just says, "its a very expensive-looking book on Pokemon." It's really frustrating me :( Please help!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Manaphy is an event Pokemon, only obtainable through various events, namely Pokemon Ranger, which gives you a Manaphy egg when you get it.

Try the Wifi Corner and ask for one.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    I would like to make sure the following Pokemon are legitimate. I'm not sure of the details to post but I'll include as much info as possible.

Lvl. 70 CELEBI (Shiney) Pokeball

Gentle Nature
    Aug. 23, 2007
    Hoenn
    Arrived at Lv. 70.

Quick to Flee.

OT: 10 ANIV
    ID No. 00010
    Exp. Points 344,960

Lvl. 100 TYRANITAR (Shiney) Masterball

Impish Nature.
    Apr. 6, 2010