• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
  • AmstroDamn

The One That Needs Time.
    Years
  • im breeding my pokemon through daycare and i can't get the nature and the ability i want it to have, example i have a kingdra and i want to breed it to have an offspring with an adamant nature and swift swim ability, how can i achieve the nature and the ability i want in the first try, is there a thread about breeding pokemon? And is there a easier way on breeding them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • im breeding my pokemon through daycare and i can't get the nature and the ability i want it to have, example i have a kingdra and i want to breed it to have an offspring with an adamant nature and swift swim ability, how can i achieve the nature and the ability i want in the first try, is there a thread about breeding pokemon? And is there a easier way on breeding them.
    In Emerald onwards, if you give the female Pokemon (or Ditto) the Everstone prior to dropping the parents off to the Day Care, the chances of the baby having the Ditto/female Pokemon's nature will be 50/50. I don't know about ability, though, but it's determined when the egg is created..

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Im having real trouble getting my Tyrogue to breed with a ditto... Is there something i should be looking for? Do certain natures not breed? Will changing the Ditto in the day care make a difference?

Cheers guys!

Another question... bit daft though!

What exactly is a Soft Reset and how do i do it?

:D

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • just give them time they'll breed if they have two different ID numbers they will breed faster.
    Soft reset resets the system without actually turning the power off to preform L+R+Start+Select = Soft Reset

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2010
    Question: How is switching Pokemon in the middle of battle handled in the new games? Specifically, which of my Pokemon receive the free attack by the enemy?

The situation is very straight-forward: my pokemon A is out and I want to switch him for pokemon B. When I confirm sending out pokemon B, does the enemy attack A, B or both? Is this answer always the same or can speed (or held items) change who gets hit?

Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2010
    Cool, thanks Gearuvagen.

Another question: if my Pokemon faints, then does the enemy get a free attack against the Pokemon I choose to replace the fainted one?

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Another question: if my Pokemon faints, then does the enemy get a free attack against the Pokemon I choose to replace the fainted one?

Depends. Did the opponent's Pokemon defeat yours? If so, no. Did you switch out a new Pokemon while your old Pokemon was still alive? If so, yes, the opponent will get to hit your new Pokemon, assuming he doesn't use Pursuit as mentioned above.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Does anyone know where I can find a list of the purported "Diamond Dust Days" in DPPt/HGSS? I know that January 12, Junichi Masuda's birthday, is one of them, but I don't know any other dates... Thanks in advance for assistance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Hi guys,

Just a quick one:

What is pokerus, what does it do, how do i tell if a pokemon has it, and how can i try and give it to a pokemon?

Haha, if there is a good link answering all that i would be most grateful!

Cheers!

Alex

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hi guys,

Just a quick one:

What is pokerus, what does it do, how do i tell if a pokemon has it, and how can i try and give it to a pokemon?

Haha, if there is a good link answering all that i would be most grateful!

Cheers!

Alex
    Pokerus is a "disease" that a Pokemon very rarely picks up by battling wild Pokemon (the chances of getting it are even less than seeing a shiny Pokemon). This virus is beneficial because it doubles the EVs your Pokemon gets after defeating another Pokemon. You can tell if a Pokemon has Pokerus by looking at its summary. If you see "PKRS," then that Pokemon has Pokerus. To spread Pokerus, put the infected Pokemon and the Pokemon you want to infect in your party, then walk around and/or engage in a few battles. Later, your other Pokemon will be infected.

However, Pokerus goes away in a few days, when it will be replaced by a dot in R/S/E or a smiley face in D/P/Pt/HG/SS. To prevent Pokerus from going away, put the infected Pokemon in the PC.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Okay is there a site that has how much an item boosts attacks like The Sky Plate and the Sharp Beak,I assume the plate boosts more or are they the same? I hope that was understandable I couldn't think of any other way to word it.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    I suppose this goes here. I need to find a Pokemon I can easily get Smeargle to get "Wish" and "Yawn".

I dont know what Pokemon I can find to make sure I can get this Smeargley to learn some Yawnage and Wishage.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I suppose this goes here. I need to find a Pokemon I can easily get Smeargle to get "Wish" and "Yawn".

I dont know what Pokemon I can find to make sure I can get this Smeargley to learn some Yawnage and Wishage.
    Use Togepi or Togetic in a double battle with Smeargle. Both Pokemon learn Yawn and Wish by level up.

When you send both of them out, have Togepi/Togetic use the move you want to Sketch, then target Togepi/Togetic with Smeargle's Sketch. Since you want your Smeargle to have both Wish and Yawn, you'll have to wait until it learns Sketch again (which is every 10 level starting from 1).

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    Um for some reason, I decided to hit up Pokemon Pearl again today and I'm currently in to Pokemon League, I try to click start, but it's just not working, it's not letting me see my pokemon, or bag, or pokedex or anything, whats up with that? :S

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Um for some reason, I decided to hit up Pokemon Pearl again today and I'm currently in to Pokemon League, I try to click start, but it's just not working, it's not letting me see my pokemon, or bag, or pokedex or anything, whats up with that? :S

It is normal, you have to click on X button to open the menu.
    Or you have to change the option X = Start.

Back