• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Is Floatzel a good choice as My water Pokemon? Mines currently at level 40 with Surf, Crunch, Aqua Jet, and Whirlpool. He needs better attacks obviously but would he be someone I could count on going against the Elite 4?

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Missing Pokemon Dex Numbers that I didn't see:
    146/147/148

By the way I would rather not use the wifi. I always seem to look at to catch them all rather then got to see them all. Glad that rubbish was fixed in HG/SS

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Is Floatzel a good choice as My water Pokemon? Mines currently at level 40 with Surf, Crunch, Aqua Jet, and Whirlpool. He needs better attacks obviously but would he be someone I could count on going against the Elite 4?
    As long as he is trained up enough and drops Whirlpool, he'll be certainly fine for the E4. Type advantage over one of them is already a good start, and Crunch may prove useful too.
    Missing Pokemon Dex Numbers that I didn't see:
    146/147/148

By the way I would rather not use the wifi. I always seem to look at to catch them all rather then got to see them all. Glad that rubbish was fixed in HG/SS
    Hard to tell what Pokemon they refer to seeing that the order differs from the national dex mode (especially without knowing if you are referring to D/P or Platinum which differs slightly to the other two iirc...). Just go looking for trainers that you may have missed, as all of the Pokemon are held by a trainer somewhere in Sinnoh. Try exploring some caves/routes you haven't gone to yet as well as there can be trainers in them.

If you are talking about D/P though: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4199775&postcount=21 And maybe the odd number in plat is the same?

Years
  • Is Floatzel a good choice as My water Pokemon? Mines currently at level 40 with Surf, Crunch, Aqua Jet, and Whirlpool. He needs better attacks obviously but would he be someone I could count on going against the Elite 4?

Teach it an Ice-type attack like maybe Ice Fang or Ice Beam.

I have a Floatzel too. Level 58 with Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam and Crunch. Good luck with yours!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • 93 - Evolve from Bonsley or if you have Pearl Sudowoodo is on Route 214 and 221.
    138 - Mt. Coronet (Super Rod) in Plat Foggy Room(Old,Good, and Super Rod)
    146/147/148 - The Pixies are all located in their respective caves, Mesprit roams, but reveals itself to you so you get the dex entry anyways.
    152 - I think you mean 151 since you don't need Darkrai to complete the Sinnoh Dex. I believe you can see a image of Manaphy at the Mansion off Route 212.

I would tell you where the trainers were for the non legendaries but, I couldn't tell you were atm.

The Red Chain

Mesprit does not engage in battle immediately.

Just as a side note, you do not need to engage battle with Mesprit for the Pokedex to count it as "sighted".
    A picture of Mesprit pops up when you speak to it, and you'll then have the sighted entry.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
  • I have been breeding Torterra and Roselia together and have gone through 8 different eggs and all of them have been Roselia's. Now the Torterra is Male and the Roselia is male and I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I have been breeding Torterra and Roselia together and have gone through 8 different eggs and all of them have been Roselia's. Now the Torterra is Male and the Roselia is male and I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.
    There is your problem right there, for reproduction to occur you need a Male and a Female. Jokes aside I assume the Roselia is a female, which is why all of them turn out Roselia. The offspring is always going to be the mothers side, attacks get inherited from the father, which would be Torterra in this case. So if you want Turtwigs you are going to either need a Female in the Torterra family or a Ditto to breed with Torterra.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2010
    Stockpile and belly drum snorlax breeding help

hey guys i'm new to this forum and hope to get some advice from some more experienced players. i have just recently started playing seriously, but have been a life long fan of pokemon.

i am currently trying to set up a snorlax with the curent moveset:
    body slam
    stockpile
    belly drum
    rest

i am having some trouble breeding a snorlax or munchlax with both belly drum and stock pile. any advice is greatly appreciated!
    thank you for your time--
    Sean

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Okay train your munchlax to level 25 (i think)thats when it learns stockpile, then evolve it go to the move relearner and you will be able to teach it Belly drum (Snorlax level 17)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2010
    i was thinking of that earlier, but because the munchlax never knew belly drum, it cant be relearned? please correct me if im wrong

Years
  • hello guys...im crazy about 3 legendary bird in platinum...why they only adamant nature..? i have try use abra with Synchronize nature but they still adamant nature..whats problem..?
    sorry for my english btw..

Years
  • It's probably the seed you hit. Their natures are not pre-set.

erm...i keep soft reset so many times but still adamant nature...those legend bird is roaming pokes in platinum..

It's probably the seed you hit.

seed i hit..? i dunno anything about it..i seek them,found then i throw the balls..

Back