• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • I'm not sure if anyone's asked this but i recently traded a pokemon that i thought was legit but later realized it wasn't. Now, if i hatch an egg out of it would that mean the egg is hacked also or is it a legit pokemon.

Some people would count the Pokemon as hacked, but there being awkward -.- But in general no the offspring would be legit.

if i put a shiny pokemon with a ditto in te day care , the pokemon that will hatch from the egg will it be shiny too?

Nope, getting a shiny is purely by chance if it's just done by breeding and no methods.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    Yeah, if you're getting the egg through legit methods even though the parent is hacked, it's still a legit Pokemon. I think I asked that long ago, tbh. The child shouldn't be punished because its parent is haxorz.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • I just started Platinum a few weeks ago but it's "frozen" because of my exams. Today I heard that the Johto Beasts events are also available to DPPt, so I turned on Platinum to check it and... I still can't enter Jubilfe Tv building to get the Mistery Gift. When will I be able to enter and get the Mistery Gift?

I already know how to do it, what I need to know is WHEN.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I just started Platinum a few weeks ago but it's "frozen" because of my exams. Today I heard that the Johto Beasts events are also available to DPPt, so I turned on Platinum to check it and... I still can't enter Jubilfe Tv building to get the Mistery Gift. When will I be able to enter and get the Mistery Gift?

I already know how to do it, what I need to know is WHEN.

You have to make sure you have the first badge and have defeated the Galactic Grunts north of the city. Then say to the interviewer inside Jublife Tv: Everyone Happy Wi-fi Connection.

Years
  • I recently got the explore kit and I used it and I dropped down to the bottom of the cave. Inside its empty maybe except just one person there. Is the hiker. So how do I use this kit to find my treasures? I wanted to find some fossil, heart scale and among other items down there. I see the blinking light on the radar and the red dot on it is me. So I walked toward to the blinking light and I couldn't even find one treasures. All I found was booby trap. How do I get the item at the blinking light?

Years
    • Seen today
    I recently got the explore kit and I used it and I dropped down to the bottom of the cave. Inside its empty maybe except just one person there. Is the hiker. So how do I use this kit to find my treasures? I wanted to find some fossil, heart scale and among other items down there. I see the blinking light on the radar and the red dot on it is me. So I walked toward to the blinking light and I couldn't even find one treasures. All I found was booby trap. How do I get the item at the blinking light?

If you mean the red blinking light, that's not treasure. The treasure is represented by yellow, star-like sparkles. If they don't show up, either wander around a bit, or go up to the surface than back underground. To get the treasures, when you get to the point on the map where the sparkles are, tap the touch screen. Any treasures present will flash in the wall. Walk up to that spot and press A, then use the stylus to search with the pick and hammer.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I am having problems deciding on my team that I want to use on Platinum. So far I have decided to use

Empoleon
    Roserade
    Magnezone
    Flareon/Rapidash

I can't decide on a flying type I am tired of using Staraptor and Altaria is boring to use and it takes forever to SR for a good Togepi. Got any suggestions?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I am having problems deciding on my team that I want to use on Platinum. So far I have decided to use

Empoleon
    Roserade
    Magnezone
    Flareon/Rapidash

I can't decide on a flying type I am tired of using Staraptor and Altaria is boring to use and it takes forever to SR for a good Togepi. Got any suggestions?

My personal favorite is Honchrow (though you'll have to use GTS or trade here to get one). Otherwise, Crobat is always a solid choice and you could always consider using Yanmega. If you really want to use Togekiss, either soft reset or trade for a female one (or Ditto), then hatch a bunch of eggs until you get one you like.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Crobat is a good option if you're willing to put up with Zubat's Crap for a while. Even Golbat can be amazing, but Crobat is better, thanks to Cross poison.
    Honchkrow is another decent option, so long as you know what you're doing with it.
    Tropius isn't too bad, just give it lots of special moves.
    And do try Togekiss, the SRing will be well worth it, again, just remember to give it mostly special moves.

Pika?

PokéNovice
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    I know it fails at competetive battling, but where do you get a glaceon on diamond? :3

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Where do ya get an evee? x3

After getting the national dex, talk to Bebe in Hearthome city, she will give you a level 5 Eevee! ^^
    Eevee can be also obtained from the Pokemon Mansion, talk to the owner and he will tell you when there are Eevee. :3

Years
  • Hi. Right now I'm playing diamond and I just arrived at the 3rd gym leader and the leader isn't there. I forgot the city that i'm in. Something with an h is all i can remember. I went to the contest hall and talk to her that is blocking the door way. Then she went away and I went inside I saw my mom there and the lady with the bunery that ran away. And she grant me an item for helping. Then after a while mom left and i went to the gym leader and the elevator isn't lowered. how do I get in there? Any help would be thankful. Also I haven't in countered any fishing rod yet. what is the first rod I get in diamond and where is it located? sorry i'm new at this game.

Perriechu

Years
  • Hi. Right now I'm playing diamond and I just arrived at the 3rd gym leader and the leader isn't there. I forgot the city that i'm in. Something with an h is all i can remember. I went to the contest hall and talk to her that is blocking the door way. Then she went away and I went inside I saw my mom there and the lady with the bunery that ran away. And she grant me an item for helping. Then after a while mom left and i went to the gym leader and the elevator isn't lowered. how do I get in there? Any help would be thankful. Also I haven't in countered any fishing rod yet. what is the first rod I get in diamond and where is it located? sorry i'm new at this game.

Hearthome city iirc. This is the 5th Gym :] (Its the 3rd in Platinum) so just keep going until you get to Veilstone city.

Perriechu

Years
  • If I recieve an egg in Diamond and trade it over to Platinum, will the hatched Pokemon recieve the trade bonus exp points?

No, when it hatches it will get your Platinum info, not Diamond, so it has to be hatched then traded (:

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    I'm like years behind, but I'm considering buying one of these three games. Any one have a favorite or preference? Are graphics pretty decent?

Thanks =).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I'm like years behind, but I'm considering buying one of these three games. Any one have a favorite or preference? Are graphics pretty decent?

Thanks =).

Even though you should probably hold out to Black and White you should probably buy Platinum as it is the most recent. Platinum has more Pokemon in the regional Pokedex and has more features. You can also catch Palkia, Dialga and Giratina in Platinum. You can also catch the 3 legendary birds.

Back