• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hi, I have two problems that I need help on.

1) Palette
    Quick Questions & Answers

I'm having some palette problems (I'm using Jpan's palette expansion and the Dynamic Palette patch). As you can see in the first picture, the playable character is in the correct palette. However, in the next 3 screenshots, its palette begins to change each time a new sprites appear (Tauros and Ditto). (Ditto and Tauros are using expanded palette)
    Can you post the memory contents at 0x203FF00 (e.g. a screenshot of VBA's Memory Viewer) for each picture you posted, please? With this information I can try to find out what's happening there, and if it's a glitch of my palette patch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2016
    Does anyone know where i can get a working link for Tile Helper Advance for editing tilsets in Advanced Map?

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Can you post the memory contents at 0x203FF00 (e.g. a screenshot of VBA's Memory Viewer) for each picture you posted, please? With this information I can try to find out what's happening there, and if it's a glitch of my palette patch.

Okay. here ya go. Thanks for the help.

Spoiler:

Years
    Okay. here ya go. Thanks for the help.

-snip-
    Okay so I took a look at your screenshots and analyzed them a bit, and it looks like the game overwrites the player's palette even when it's occupied. Like in the first image it's the exclamation mark that replaced Red's palette, in the second it's Ditto's, etc.

I have not the slightest idea why this is happening, and it's virtually impossible to find out with only these pictures at hand. So if you don't mind, it would be of great help to me if you could PM me a patch of your ROM... but only if you're fine with that! Forcing you would be the last thing I want to do. It's just that I can't really help you if I don't have a ROM to troubleshoot.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Not sure if this is okay to ask here or not, but here goes nothing...

...does anyone have THIS missing file from Reddit?

It is a hack/modification to Emerald that allows you to play nothing but the Battle Frontier.

If not, does anyone have a similar hack or could possibly make me a similar hack?

NOTE: I already have Pokemon Red: Battle Factory hack.

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
    Years
    Okay so a few years ago I started recruiting people to make a ROM hack. Later on I faced reality and told myself: "a 14-15 y/o with little to no knowledge on making hacks and no time either can't make a freaking hack". Even so, 3-4 years later and I'm still proud of the story I created for the game. So my question is: If I were to give my story to a more experienced team of ROM hack creators, where should I go make a thread to find a team like that?

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    I'm using Fire Red and I want to expand the Egg Move Table. I'm planning on doing it manually but I'd like to know if there is anything that may stop it from working right. Like a limiter somewhere that only allows so many moves and Pokemon in the table? Also, if anyone knows off the top of their head, what is used for the Pokemon entry to tell when a different Pokemon is going to use the moves after it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Found the right place to post my question. More of a general one that's easy for anybody to answer:

Has there ever been a ROM hack made for Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal that increases the size of Kanto to the Gen I games? I know GF made the Kanto map smaller to save space on the cartridge. I would love to have a full-sized replica of Kanto though..

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2017
    Running across a little problem. I'm probably missing something pretty basic.

I need to edit the TMs in an emerald hack manually, because I want them to reflect new moves (which isn't possible using a tool, as far as I can see).

I found the offset at x616040 and have changed them to what moves I want.... but the TM descriptions seem to link to the OLD moves. Any way to change that?

Thanks

Years
    Found the right place to post my question. More of a general one that's easy for anybody to answer:

Has there ever been a ROM hack made for Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal that increases the size of Kanto to the Gen I games? I know GF made the Kanto map smaller to save space on the cartridge. I would love to have a full-sized replica of Kanto though..

Try out liquid crystal

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Hello, does anyone know where I can find a download of Pokecry or Shiny Quagsire's Advanced Cry Editor? I can't find a safe download anywhere and I really need it...

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2017
    Hey! I need to know what're good OW Sprite managing programs for genIII.

Nameless Sprite Editor is pretty good. It can be a bit wonky sometimes though so I'd keep a backup before you save any changes.

Hello, does anyone know where I can find a download of Pokecry or Shiny Quagsire's Advanced Cry Editor? I can't find a safe download anywhere and I really need it...

I have PokeCry. I've just chucked it onto DropBox so you can download from there. I don't like clutter though on DB so I'll delete it in 24 hours.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgrfbbz6dj4p3b6/9558-PokeCry.zip?dl=0

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    How can I implememt Dive in Fire Red?
    The tutorials are outdated (pictures are not working).
    OMG DID I NEVER RESPOND TO YOUR VM
    i'm so sorry, i hope you can forgive me </3

there's Hackrex's way, but that's an interesting way of doing it (read: knizz's way is better)
    and btw just because pix don't work doesn't mean tutorial doesn't

knizz outlined it here

Years

there's Hackrex's way, but that's an interesting way of doing it (read: knizz's way is better)

knizz outlined it here

The pictures are a part of the explanation, I think. That´s why they are so important.
    Thanks I´ll check that out! :)

Years

knizz outlined it here

"From Underwater: call script 081BE3D4
    From Overworld: call script 081BE38B

To connect change the hometown-connection to a dive-connection set 08352754 to 05

To disable the check whether you actually have a dive pokemon with you set the 6 bytes 081BE394-081BE399 to 0. This function also decides which pokemon is shown in the black bar. So if you disable it and see a bad egg. That's because of this.

Disable the badge-check for HMs set 0812462E to 0.

There are two ways to warp. The special one is just used when the behaviour of the tile the player is standing on is 0x19 and when the light byte is set to 0x5. Through different ways the execution can reach 0806DFB0. To avoid that you can destroy the bne/beqs. Write 0000 to 0806DF82 and 0806DF9C. This is not a good solution though. I'm sure there is a reason why these if's are there.

I don't know if the warp destination is correct. But the bank and mapnumber are in the variables 7004 and 7005." - knizz

I don´t know what to do here after trying several things.
    Is it supposed to be done with a HEX editor and Advance Map?
    Please help me, I can´t understand that. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back