• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthroyd

Professor
Years
  • Hello people :) I was wondering what program I should use to import trainer sprites into emerald, as both NSE 1&2 and UnLZGBA don't seem to work. I've already done alot with my emerald rom and I think that it'd be a waste to start over on another one. Though I did try this, and it told my image wasn't indexed when it uses a 16 color palette?I tried to index it again and the colors got all messed up. (I can't post links until I've made 5 posts :/) Thanks in advance for anyone that's able to help me, your my hero!!

Hi there! I have a video tutorial on this exact topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btiGvk9JH8A
    I cover palette entry swapping as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2017
    there isnt much of a point in deleting maps you can just choose not to use them.

I'd like to have a crack at making my own region from scratch, and being stuck with preset map sizes would make it much more difficult.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    G'day, I'm doing some work with Pokemon Emerald involving Team Rocket and I have a simple request... is there an IPS patch for Pokemon Emerald where it's just normal, clean, uneditted Pokemon Emerald, but with it changed so that you can catch trainers' Pokemon? The Gameshark and Action Replay hacks I found through youtube and google aren't cutting it. I'd think this is a very simple request for people versed in ROM hacking, and may already be a thing on here somewhere, but if someone could link me to an IPS patch of that (for EMERALD, again), I'd very, very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2021
    How would I go about putting a level cap on pokemon based on the badges you have. I'd like to have it set up so if you have no badges, your pokemon cap out at level 20. 30 after you get the boulderbadge. etc...

Years
  • How would I go about putting a level cap on pokemon based on the badges you have. I'd like to have it set up so if you have no badges, your pokemon cap out at level 20. 30 after you get the boulderbadge. etc...

Not sure about a hard cap, but there is a routine to make pokemon disobey based on happiness and badges. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8510524&postcount=21
    -----------------------

Is there any info available on making an X Special Def.(since gen 3 only has x Special)?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    Is there a way to change how Pokemon Gym Badges in Pokemon Emerald boosts or alters a pokemon's stats? Like the speed stat for example.

I have looked all over for resources and methods for trying to do that, but no luck for me. I have XSE, but I don't know the offset for any Gym Badge scripts. I tried using Goldfinger on the Emerald Rom, but even with the table file, I couldn't even find dialogue text. I looked at the Pokemon Essentials wiki, but it seems to only work for future generations and a different editor.

If there are any posts that go into detail about how to change gym badges or any disassembly of Pokemon Emerald, please let me know, and thanks.

Years
  • Is there a way to change how Pokemon Gym Badges in Pokemon Emerald boosts or alters a pokemon's stats? Like the speed stat for example.

I have looked all over for resources and methods for trying to do that, but no luck for me. I have XSE, but I don't know the offset for any Gym Badge scripts. I tried using Goldfinger on the Emerald Rom, but even with the table file, I couldn't even find dialogue text. I looked at the Pokemon Essentials wiki, but it seems to only work for future generations and a different editor.

If there are any posts that go into detail about how to change gym badges or any disassembly of Pokemon Emerald, please let me know, and thanks.

I assume you mean the actual effects the badges have on your Pokemon's stats and not leaders' text at that can be easily edited via XSE for example.
    The function at 08069ED8 takes two arguments. First is the flag to check and second is the bank of attacking Pokemon. Returns 0 or 1, so it just gives info whether the boost can be applied or not(for example link and battle frontier battles are unaffected).
    There are four calls to this function in the game's damage calculator and one in the speed calculating function(I think.) Each gives a boost of 10% percent to a stat.(110 * value / 100)
    If you were to change it, you'd have to alter the damage calc(0806957C) which is a pretty long function.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Hi,

Is it possible to lock certain evolutions behind a key item?

My ROM contains Mega Pokémon, and I eventually thought it would be a bit broken if you had access to them in the early game (things like Beedrill and Pidgeot exist early-game).

So is it possible to lock all evolutions to Mega Pokémon until you receive a certain item?

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    Hi,

Is it possible to lock certain evolutions behind a key item?

My ROM contains Mega Pokémon, and I eventually thought it would be a bit broken if you had access to them in the early game (things like Beedrill and Pidgeot exist early-game).

So is it possible to lock all evolutions to Mega Pokémon until you receive a certain item?

Not that I'm aware, but why would you make Megas regular evolutions when there's a working-ish proper implementation in the RnD forum?

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    Double post to separate my answer to EZ's question from my own question.

Does anyone have a mirror to Shiny Quagsire's Map Editor of Happiness? Either the original download link is broken or it's just my computer that doesn't like it.

Kaylene

Hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Here.

Do keep in mind that this program is abandoned and is still an alpha. Not too many reasons why you'd want to use it over A-map, though I suppose the connection editor is nice.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    hi im trying to expand my fire red base and i do not know how to edit the ini of advance map so that i can use it since it is in another language. Has anyone done this before and is willing to share their ini or explain how to do it?

Years
  • Hello, I am new at this and I've got 2 questions.

-Is it possible to expand the number of items that can be held? I mean, you can only hold 30 items, but, could it have 99 items?

-How can I change G3T's INI? I used Mr.DollSteak patch and I expanded the number of pokémon with G3HS, but I need to change it to edit trainers or items!

Hope you can help me.

PS: I'm not English, if I wrote something bad, please notice me.

Thank you! :D

Years
  • Hello, I am new at this and I've got 2 questions.

-Is it possible to expand the number of items that can be held? I mean, you can only hold 30 items, but, could it have 99 items?

-How can I change G3T's INI? I used Mr.DollSteak patch and I expanded the number of pokémon with G3HS, but I need to change it to edit trainers or items!

Hope you can help me.

PS: I'm not English, if I wrote something bad, please notice me.

Thank you! :D

Years
  • -Is it possible to expand the number of items that can be held? I mean, you can only hold 30 items, but, could it have 99 items?

You need to expand bag space. In short, find an offset to hold more, update pointers to it and make the game save and load data from there.

You open your rom in G3T, go into tools or options and choose 'edit ini'

Mega Mayo

Gen 2 Obsessor
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2016
    I'm making a Pokemon crystal romhack, and I can't find the sprites for the pokeball in battle, RYBG uses separate tiles for the overworld sprites for pokeballs/items and the pokeball in battle (tilted, whole, and separated,) These sprites must be in gen 2, but I cant find the tiles. Anyone have the tile offset?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2017
    The glitch Pokemon between Celebi and Treecko, is it okay to edit those to use as pokemom slots?
    Second, for newer generation forms, would I have to create separate Pokemon pages for each form, or is there a way to add forms within the tab of one Pokedex
    ex: All 6 of Rotom's forms taking up one slot in G3HS, or would you have to make a separate page and just assign the same pokedex number?
    Sorry, I couldn't find a better way to word the second question. I hope my meaning gets across.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back