• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluRose

blu rass
Years
  • Hello there, i'm sorry to bother, but someone knows how to actually make work the evolutions on a expanded evolution table?

any NEW pokemon that reaches its supposed to evolve level doesn't evolve...
    it shows the animation, but it cuts at the point where it alternates between the new and actual sprite, and just gives me a ""..........?"" text...
    Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Deoxys works fine, but from Piplup to Volcanion doesn't
    i appreciate any help... :/
    thanks in advance

EDIT:
    i expanded the table with the G3HS tool....
    you sure that chikorita-deoxys work?
    having only the kanto regional dex cancels evolutions that would happen to pokemon outside of it, a prominent example being porygon traded to a game without the national dex doing what you just described
    anyways
    navigate to xCE91A in a hex editor
    change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    I know that PGE (Pokemon Game Editor), has a RSE (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) starter editor and if you adjust PGE's ini's appropriately(to match G3HS's ini offsets), you should be able to choose a gen 4 starter.

hey so this worked at first but now when I try to start my rom it does not work anymore. I started with a fresh rom, patched it, changed the starters to piplup, turtwig, and chimcar, and zigzagoon to bidoof, tried to start the game in VBA and it didn't run.

Also when trying to change number of attacks in the G3HS ini it is numberofattacks=0x163 when in PGE it is numberofattacks=377 or some number like that. How would i put this offset/pointer into PGE or does anyone know the exact number of attacks in LLCoolJ's Emerald 650 patch

Years
    • She/her/hers
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    Is there a way to make a script check what items your Pokemon are holding?

i.e. if I wanted to have certain held items be banned in a battle facility?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    you sure that chikorita-deoxys work?
    having only the kanto regional dex cancels evolutions that would happen to pokemon outside of it, a prominent example being porygon traded to a game without the national dex doing what you just described
    anyways
    navigate to xCE91A in a hex editor
    change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0

IT WORKED! <3
    Thanks BluRose :3
    And yes... i actually had a national Dex and i was able to evolve Torchic, Ralts and a Hoppip :/
    anyway it fixed now with the Hex edit :3
    i anyway didn't know that not having a National dex would break this :S

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2020
    How can I change the default names of the rivals in Emerald?
    After a while, the names May and Brendan get stale.

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • I'm currently doing something with the music of FireRed ROMs using sappy.
    Originally, the song No.257 is set to be played when:
    The player obtains an item;
    A Pokémon levels up;
    A Pokémon learns a new move;
    The problem is, when I replaced this song with another, something weird happened when I tested out my ROM. The music originally played when a Pokémon learns a new move in-battle was missing, but not in other conditions (including a Pokémon leveled up using a Rare Candy and learning a move via TM/HM). Anyone who has encountered the same problem or having an idea?

BTW, does anyone know how to make a Town Map Item (like the one in FRLG) in Ruby?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Does anyone know how can I extract the pokemon data (like base stats, learnset, pokedex entries...) from the game ROM?

rusticolus

Grass/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2023
    Hi there!

I'm trying to edit PokeMart items OR the contents of pokeball items (like you find on routes or in caves), in HGSS. I've found all sorts of solutions for 3rd gen, but none for 4th. Please help!

I have a brief familiarity with PPRE and SDSME, the barest familiarity with scripting, and no familiarity with hex.

Thanks! :)

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    I want to make Hyper Beam and friends act like they do in the Gen 1 games - that is, if they knock out the target, they don't require a recharge. How might I be able to do this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2021
    How can I make it so a trainer's pokemon don't give any exp when you beat them. I want to prevent people from grinding my gym leaders and then suiciding to grind exp.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • I want to make Hyper Beam and friends act like they do in the Gen 1 games - that is, if they knock out the target, they don't require a recharge. How might I be able to do this?
    you might be able to do this via battle script? like, edit the move effect so that it works nicely

How can I make it so a trainer's pokemon don't give any exp when you beat them. I want to prevent people from grinding my gym leaders and then suiciding to grind exp.
    FBI made a routine for this a while ago~

and now, for my own question: does anybody have the source code/the .ips this thread? i have an older playground ROM with it applied but i can't exactly track it down...
    i mean, i can probably try to figure it out by getting it from 0xF00000 but all of the pointers that may possibly be present are bleh
    i might do that anyways ahaha

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    does anybody have the source code/the .ips this thread? i have an older playground ROM with it applied but i can't exactly track it down...
    i mean, i can probably try to figure it out by getting it from 0xF00000 but all of the pointers that may possibly be present are bleh
    i might do that anyways ahaha

Might you still have it in your computer's downloads directory? I know I'm really bad about not clearing that thing out.

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Might you still have it in your computer's downloads directory? I know I'm really bad about not clearing that thing out.
    I last downloaded it like a year ago and on a different computer, but do have the ROM backed up on the new computer. I can search through that tomorrow or something~
    I was about to tell you to check out Retaliate on the Move Resource Thread, but it doesn't appear as if it's been made yet :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2021
    my buddy has been play my rom as i update it and it's worked fine so far. but with the latest update he keeps getting this error on his phone. he's using my boy free emulator.
    14800780_10154462564375605_1576607805_n.png

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    Hello people :) I was wondering what program I should use to import trainer sprites into emerald, as both NSE 1&2 and UnLZGBA don't seem to work. I've already done alot with my emerald rom and I think that it'd be a waste to start over on another one. Though I did try this, and it told my image wasn't indexed when it uses a 16 color palette?I tried to index it again and the colors got all messed up. (I can't post links until I've made 5 posts :/) Thanks in advance for anyone that's able to help me, your my hero!!

Attachments

• Angelique Sprite.png
      Angelique Sprite.png
      615 bytes · Views: 91
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back