• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Is it possible to let your pokemon evolve even w/o National Dex?
    I read all of here but found nothintg

Yes, there's a patch out there. Try the tools section, I'm pretty sure I've seen tools that will patch it for you automatically as well as other small fixes.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Is it possible to replace the braille font in FR with something else? I was thinking of using the unown characters but I have no idea how I'd go about inserting and repointing the information if it's even well possible.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Is it possible to replace the braille font in FR with something else? I was thinking of using the unown characters but I have no idea how I'd go about inserting and repointing the information if it's even well possible.

Idk if the braile is 100% image based. It may just use a single dot and then a different layout per character. I think I might do some research on this though cause unown chars would be cool

Joexv

Years
  • What all is needed to research this stuff?

You need an emulator that can dissasemble and log. And then if its graphical you need some program to edit it.

Edit: Found it image offset 0x4680C0

Last edited:

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • Hello! To anyone here who uses the code to make your pokemon evolves without National Dex.. Theres a bug in that way,Instead of having Level 16 when my grovyle evolves, It becomes Lv 11, same from the other pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Hello! To anyone here who uses the code to make your pokemon evolves without National Dex.. Theres a bug in that way,Instead of having Level 16 when my grovyle evolves, It becomes Lv 11, same from the other pokemon

Did you change the level growth rates of them?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    How to change that?
    I dont what is that level growth rates thing

In G3HS.
    Spoiler:

If you didn't change that for anything, I don't know what the problem could be. :s

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • In G3HS.
    Spoiler:

If you didn't change that for anything, I don't know what the problem could be. :s

That wasn't the problem I think, I haven't changed anything since I just want to test if it will bug my rom. But if I back the datas into its original data, then no bugs happened. The problem was my pokemons level not its level up growth thing. As far as I remember, I played a hack that the same thing happened.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    So for some reason AM 1.92 forces me to repoint every time I want to import an edited tileset 2 now. The weird thing is, if I remove some tiles from the exported file in MS paint (so that there is just the background color instead) it accepts it without needing to repoint.It just happens when I change some colors or add new tiles. I don't understand why it needs to repoint anything if the .dib file itself is always the same size...
    I'd much rather prefer not to repoint anything just to be safe. Never had this issue in several years of using AM.
    Any idea why this happens and how I can solve the problem?

Edit: Hmm, I'm making some progress here... copying a few tiles and pasting them exactly above or below the copied tiles seems to make importing work, but not always... n_n I'm confused.

Last edited:

Joexv

Years
  • why are my questions constantly ignored?

Well not everything can be answered and sometimes the people who can answer them arent on when your posts are "new".
    Re ask them and I'll see if I cant answer a few.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    i would really like to play pikachu's beach mini game on pokemon yellow what kind of rom hack or typical cheat should i use for it? I'm using GBC A.D. emulator for smartphone and it offers a cheat area, but dont know a thing about rom hacking.

Joexv

Years
  • i would really like to play pikachu's beach mini game on pokemon yellow what kind of rom hack or typical cheat should i use for it? I'm using GBC A.D. emulator for smartphone and it offers a cheat area, but dont know a thing about rom hacking.
    Ok so read through this [FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]https://www.ign.com/faqs/2005/pokemon-yellow-special-pikachu-edition-surfing-pikachu-faq-588815[/FONT] [FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]It has the cheats you will need to get a surfing pikachu to be able to do that minigame.[/FONT]

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Im not sure because GBC A.D. has a cheat section, and idk which one it is for, game genie or gameshark. Are you familiar with GBC A.D.?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2015
    Is there a method on pokemon emerald (or any other gba to add pokemon without replacing? I mean there are 65k of free space only 439(including the 25 decamarks and the eggs) no one found a method to free up space? And another quick question is there a tutorial on how to change the graphic of the bag and the place where texts appear and in battle? Thank you for the answers!

Sensual

This should be good.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Does anybody know how to changes replace pre-made palettes in Overworld Sprite Editor RE? Whenever I try to replace both the image and palette of Emerald's hero sprite with ones that I've made, I get this:

Quick Questions & Answers

Even when I just try to insert the image without changing the palette, the sprite ends up in the wrong position like so:

Quick Questions & Answers

I've looked up tutorials, but I can't manage to find anything. Is there any fix for this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back