• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm trying to put Rock Climb as an HM in my game.
    Making it an HM, with blue party option and all is done.
    Problem is, inserting a functionality.
    I'll have to make the tiles, in which my Pokémon can climb up or down. That is easy, I think (didn't start studying that).
    Buuut, looking at the Rock Climb via walkthrough in the games, I see you are only asked if you wanted Pokémon to use Rock Climb once, and then you can climb up and down without the question again (just needing it after changing a map).
    I see it works like Strength, where you activate it and use it at will until you change maps.
    Well, question is: What is the difference between the other HMs, who need to be called every time you do something (cut a tree, surf, smash a rock) and Strength, that is called only once in a map? Any ideas on how implementing that in Rock Climb?
    I know flag 805 is for when Strength was already used in a map. So basically what I wanna do is set a flag after I use the attack, and that's it?

Last edited:

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Become a jack-of-all-trades with your hacking skillset and you won't need a team. Most hackers work primarily alone, only bringing others in on their project when they need brief and specific help with something.

If you've exhausted the Team Building Thread, you may have to branch out to other hacking communities to recruit more people. The best way to get your hack off the ground is to do everything you can possibly do by yourself (to get a proof of concept at least), learning as you go, and your work will naturally attract more people to help you if you need it.

When I download my tools, they delete themselves, or I can't open them. I can't make trainers without Advance Trainer...

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • When I download my tools, they delete themselves, or I can't open them. I can't make trainers without Advance Trainer...

Yes you can, A-Trainer is old and buggy and incorrectly labeled, so use Jambo51's unnamed trainer editor which you can find in his tool thread.

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • Yes you can, A-Trainer is old and buggy and incorrectly labeled, so use Jambo51's unnamed trainer editor which you can find in his tool thread.
    I downloaded it, but the Pokemon names won't appear... Everything is just empty or it's just invisible...

Years
  • When I try to import pictures for A-Map 1.95, I get the error '[file name].pal is missing], even if I made one. It's rather irritating, and I wasn't having this issue when I did this other times. Is there a step I'm missing? When I use A-Map 1.92, I get the error 'DIB file is invalid', even though the picture is 128x192, which is the same size as the exported tilesets, and I've indexed the image.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    I have a question.

So with JPANs Hack Applier, He has made it so trainer battle scripts don't always have to start with the trainerbattle part in the script. Now when you change the 'Unknown' in Advanced Map to anything but 00, you can make the script start with anything and the trainer will run up to you. This is all great, however I'm not happy with it.

If you have the Trainerbox set to 00 instead of 01, the OW will never run up to you for a battle, you need to talk to him. If you set the Trainerbox to 01, The trainer will run up to you, but when you leave the map and come back, the trainer will run up to you again. (When the trainer runs up to you again it doesn't do the battle again but it's still not fun to have OWs running up to you telling you the battle was fun). Is there a way to make this work?

Here is the context in which I am trying to make this function work.

I want to make it so the OW has different level Pokemon depending on what stage in the game you are at. So if you have no badges, they will face you with level 10 Pokemon but if you have 1 badge they will face you with level 15 Pokemon. This is the script I have made for it.

Spoiler:

It works Perfectly except for the fact that when the Player leaves the map and comes back, the OW runs back at the player and says 'Talking 3'. If these is a way to make the OW not at the player ever again after the battle has taken place I would love to know.

The way I thought of fixing this way by putting a line of code in the script that changes the OWs 'Trainer' status to be 00 from 01. However I don't know how to do that.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, or a code that can change the an OWs Trainer Status, I would be very greatful. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was looking for the Safari Zone limit so I could change it.
    I opened Advance Map and went to the Safari Zone entrance room.
    Problem is, I couldn't open the script for the guy who lets me in the Safari. I chose the other guy in the room, and his script opened normally.
    What is wrong here? Why would the "Open script" option go unselectable?
    And does anyone know how to change the Safari Zone time limit?

Years
  • I'm just wanting to know if its safe to replace Unown with another Pokemon. If there are any precautions to take or certain things to do if I run into a problem.

Thanks! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I am trying to follow this (link at end) and I got it to work, however when I change the image to personalize it, it always scrambles the image when displaying (only that image in the thread works). I have no idea whats going on... any thoughts?

the original image is working. 100% no problems. I am modifying the image, using paint/photoshop and doing the exact same process and it doesnt work. no signs of weirdness anywhere except at gameplay.

Any ideas? tried searching for graphic insertion tutorials but no luck.

Thanks!
    cant post links so....
    Pho @ /showthread.php?t=15134-FR-Displaying-IVs-on-the-stat-screen

Years
  • Can we port tiles from Emerald (or Ruby or Sapphire)? And animated tiles? How?
    Also, how can I make animated tiles that only do their animation when I pass over them (volcano ash grass and Rock Climb rocks, for example)?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I'm just wanting to know if its safe to replace Unown with another Pokemon. If there are any precautions to take or certain things to do if I run into a problem.

Thanks! :)
    From what I've been told, I've never actually tried it, is that it is safe, although each Unown uses the same stats, moves etc. You may, although, be able to hex edit their data to make it separate.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • How do I change the dimensions of the Border Block in Advance Map? One of my area maps's default is set to 2x2, which needs to be changed to 3x3.

assuming you're using firered, select your map, go to header, then type ctrl+h, then scroll down to map data, there should be two boxes at the bottom, one for border width, one for border height

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back