• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    I want to change the opening where PRO. OAK is telling you about POKEMON. Where is the script for this does anyone know?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I didn't tested it but I heard that there was a lot of bugs... O.o

Nope thats the closest you're gonna get. But there are a few unofficial bug fixes over at PHO.
    Just remember nothing in Rom hacking is bug free.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2020
    I'm currently working with a fire red hack and I have a weather problem.
    If I use
    setweather 0x8 ~sandstorm
    doweather
    and then later
    setweather 0x5~rain
    doweather
    the rain is brown. This also happens with fog and with snow.
    does anyone know how to fix this?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I'm currently working with a fire red hack and I have a weather problem.
    If I use
    setweather 0x8 ~sandstorm
    doweather
    and then later
    setweather 0x5~rain
    doweather
    the rain is brown. This also happens with fog and with snow.
    does anyone know how to fix this?

AFAIK thats a bug that's in vanilla Fire Red, check out this patch though: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=359685

It fixes that issue along with quite a few others.

Years
  • Okay this has been bothering me so I've decided to just ask.

I can't open any attachments on Pokecommunity... Been trying to fetch rombases/files/patches from threads but when I click an attachment it's just a blank page that appears.

Is that me doing something wrong or...?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Okay this has been bothering me so I've decided to just ask.

I can't open any attachments on Pokecommunity... Been trying to fetch rombases/files/patches from threads but when I click an attachment it's just a blank page that appears.

Is that me doing something wrong or...?
    If they don't download it's likely the links are broken, PC was hacked a little while back and we lost a lot of saved files. Might be easier to google for them or ask in the thread if anyone has it.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    How do I make the minimize and protect effects able to work on anyone and not just the user in a double battle? There's no bank define after the command so I can't change it via the battle script. I've tried changing all the 01's to 00 one at a time to see if they're controlling the bank but usually nothing happens.

The attacks targeting byte is 2 so I can target an ally but the effect will happen on the user. This si for Emerald.

Thanks

Years
  • How do I make the minimize and protect effects able to work on anyone and not just the user in a double battle? There's no bank define after the command so I can't change it via the battle script. I've tried changing all the 01's to 00 one at a time to see if they're controlling the bank but usually nothing happens.

The attacks targeting byte is 2 so I can target an ally but the effect will happen on the user. This si for Emerald.

Thanks

Won't just changing the target byte work?

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Won't just changing the target byte work?

I mentioned that, it always affects the user regardless of the target byte (you mean the one in attack editors right?). The animation will play on the target but the user will be the one to take the effects. It must be in the battle routines.

Years
  • I mentioned that, it always affects the user regardless of the target byte (you mean the one in attack editors right?). The animation will play on the target but the user will be the one to take the effects. It must be in the battle routines.
    I see. Decompile minimize using battle script pro and change statbuffchange 0x41 to 0x1. You'll change the bank from the attacker to the target that way.
    As for protect, it will always choose the attacking bank. I suggest you create a callasm routine that's called before the setprotect command that saves the attacker byte to be the same as the target and after the setprotect, another command that reverts it to whatever bank it had been.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Okay hello there Pokecommunity I'm trying to insert new evolutions for my base and I keep getting stuck at step 2

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Once you are done assemble the .asm file and place it in your ROM somewhere. Now go to your table and add another entry pointing to the assembled code (you do NOT need +1). Now

So I have 3 questions

1. What do I put in for the "##"
    2. Do I compile what's in the second spoiler and if yes what do I have to do to get it working is it just a simple paste write and nothing more or do I have to do more to it
    3.so once I put the assembled routine in for the first spoiler do I have to go back to my reprinted evolution table and write the pointer down? And if so is it the first pointer or would that be somewhere else

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2017
    [Fire Red] Hello everyone, I was wondering if there was a script to completely wipe a player's inventory. Pokeballs, items, moves, etc.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    [Fire Red] Hello everyone, I was wondering if there was a script to completely wipe a player's inventory. Pokeballs, items, moves, etc.
    A simple script, no. This ASM routine is probably what you're looking for.
    [Fire Red] Is there a maximum number of events (persons/signposts/warps/scripts) per map?
    I'd assume the cap would be 255 each, but why you'd need more than that is beyond me. It is worth noting however that there is a limit to how many OWs you can have on screen at once.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2017
    Hello again, everyone.

I am using Crystal Map and the One GSC Trainer editor to change the battle tower. Editing the maps is easy enough, but not sure how to create new trainers. These trainers will act like in-game trainers and not the Battle Tower ones.

I have built events to create the number of trainers I want, and can alter which sprite they use using the 'picture number' selection. However, I am not sure how to link them to particular trainers. One GSC Trainer Editor allows me to add trainers (in this case, I have added the trainers to the Champion category), but I don't know how to sync them up.

I have tried making their function and text block / bank the same as a random trainer for testing purposes but it always fails. One time it loaded the end credits, another time it loaded up a strange screen, and another it crashed.

Any idea on what is going wrong?

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2022
    Advance Map problem: When I rename one of my maps, it changes the name of all maps in the bank. I'm hacking emerald now but I've had this same problem with fire red and I don't know how to fix it. Anybody know what's going on?

EDIT: I fixed this by replacing the name of one of the other maps I wasn't using. I guess the game can only store a limited number of names, or I need to make space for more? If someone could explain that would be great

Also while I'm at it, does anybody know how to remove surfing music? I just want the default background music to continue playing whenever I surf (this is for emerald, I believe there are some maps that don't have surfing music so that might help?)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back