• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • "From Underwater: call script 081BE3D4
    From Overworld: call script 081BE38B

To connect change the hometown-connection to a dive-connection set 08352754 to 05

To disable the check whether you actually have a dive pokemon with you set the 6 bytes 081BE394-081BE399 to 0. This function also decides which pokemon is shown in the black bar. So if you disable it and see a bad egg. That's because of this.

Disable the badge-check for HMs set 0812462E to 0.

There are two ways to warp. The special one is just used when the behaviour of the tile the player is standing on is 0x19 and when the light byte is set to 0x5. Through different ways the execution can reach 0806DFB0. To avoid that you can destroy the bne/beqs. Write 0000 to 0806DF82 and 0806DF9C. This is not a good solution though. I'm sure there is a reason why these if's are there.

I don't know if the warp destination is correct. But the bank and mapnumber are in the variables 7004 and 7005." - knizz

So I can´t understand it. It´s not working.
    I set 08352754 to 05, I wrote 6 times 2 zeros at 081BE394-081BE399, I set 0812462E to 0, I wrote 0000 to 0806DF82 and again 0000 to 0806DF9C.
    I have set the tile behaviour from the tile from which I want to dive to 19 and from that tile from which I want to emerge to 05.
    I don´t know what is meant with the variables 7004 and 7005.
    I also made sure, that the dive and emerge map have the same size and that the dive and emerge tiles are at the same place in both maps.
    I´ve also connected them via connections (and sometimes get an error with that, but only sometimes), if that´s right.

It´s not working and I don´t know what to do. Can anyone help me, please?

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Do making any rom hacks cost any money and if not Can someone help me with mine atm I am trying to do some stuff.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    The buffer for last used move doesn't work correctly for expanded moves. How do I get it to display the correct move for stuff like Choice Band and disable?

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Is there a thread about move tutor layout for fire red? The expansion for pge accidentally put the end of the move tutor compatibility list with the evolution list so I need to repoint.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2022
    Is there a way that all your Pokemons of your team can get transferred to Bill's PC by a script? I'd need it for the after-story when you beat the Elite 4 on my hack. Thanks

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Is there a thread about move tutor layout for fire red? The expansion for pge accidentally put the end of the move tutor compatibility list with the evolution list so I need to repoint.
    um so
    the moves taught are at 0x459B60 (two bytes each for index in hex)
    the compatibility table is at 0x459B80, each entry is two bytes which are bitmaps
    there is a hard limit for moves (without editing the routines themselves), and it's 16 (2 bytes = 16 bits)
    these are for vanilla, of course

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Quick question PC. I had some trouble before on a scrapped project I am thinking of rebooting with the rom hacking scene picking up with expanded moves and dex.

This hack is based around the Battle Frontier as a hub. I want to expand on the idea with a "Sevii isles" feel. Instead of a region with a league and edge memes, there will be many isles (maybe familiar ones)

The Frontier will have an overhaul and many familiar faces in it. The point is to be a PWT feel.

One question I have before starting again; Is it possible to utilize a script using the battle tent/factory selection for choosing 3 random pokemon to start with? I used action replay codes on my gba once a pon a time to pick 3 battle factory monz, then teleport out to keep the rented mon.

I want the "Starter Team" to be a random assortment of lvl 25 pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2020
    Hello i added some new pokemon into my fire red rom, but i can't add them in the wild grass or make the trainers use them. Is there a way/tutorial of how to do that?

nvm i found it out :D

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Does anyone know where the location of the 'hidden' Bill scripts are on Cinnabar Island? The script that you see on A-Map is not the entire thing by a long shot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Hey, is there any rom hack where super effective moves are nerfed, like instead of x2 damage it takes only x1,2 damage and also nerfed same tipe moves. I thinks this make the game kind of easy and battles to fast, status moves are almost useless. i would like to play a pokemon game where blattles are longer and more strategic.

Not native english speaker, forgive any tipos =P

Years
  • "From Underwater: call script 081BE3D4
    From Overworld: call script 081BE38B

To connect change the hometown-connection to a dive-connection set 08352754 to 05

To disable the check whether you actually have a dive pokemon with you set the 6 bytes 081BE394-081BE399 to 0. This function also decides which pokemon is shown in the black bar. So if you disable it and see a bad egg. That's because of this.

Disable the badge-check for HMs set 0812462E to 0.

There are two ways to warp. The special one is just used when the behaviour of the tile the player is standing on is 0x19 and when the light byte is set to 0x5. Through different ways the execution can reach 0806DFB0. To avoid that you can destroy the bne/beqs. Write 0000 to 0806DF82 and 0806DF9C. This is not a good solution though. I'm sure there is a reason why these if's are there.

I don't know if the warp destination is correct. But the bank and mapnumber are in the variables 7004 and 7005." - knizz

So I can´t understand it. It´s not working.
    I set 08352754 to 05, I wrote 6 times 2 zeros at 081BE394-081BE399, I set 0812462E to 0, I wrote 0000 to 0806DF82 and again 0000 to 0806DF9C.
    I have set the tile behaviour from the tile from which I want to dive to 19 and from that tile from which I want to emerge to 05.
    I don´t know what is meant with the variables 7004 and 7005.
    I also made sure, that the dive and emerge map have the same size and that the dive and emerge tiles are at the same place in both maps.
    I´ve also connected them via connections (and sometimes get an error with that, but only sometimes), if that´s right.

It´s not working and I don´t know what to do. Can anyone help me, please?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2018
    K guys, easy question, possibly complicated answer, here goes:

Spoiler:

What's going on here? This is a screenshot of the Town Map when I am in identical maps, a modified version of Mt. Moon's top floor. When the map "type" is set to "underground" under the header options in A-Map, it works properly, as it is on the right. But when set to any other map type, it instead displays the player's head in the top-left corner. The exception is "secret base" which places the player head on the Route 4 tile to the immediate left.

Why is that? I'm trying to convert the map into a warehouse and would like to use the "inside" map type for the proper battle background, and (probably) to prevent digging to escape.

Last edited:

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • K guys, easy question, possibly complicated answer, here goes:

Spoiler:

What's going on here? This is a screenshot of the Town Map when I am in identical maps, a modified version of Mt. Moon's top floor. When the map "type" is set to "underground" under the header options in A-Map, it works properly, as it is on the left. But when set to any other map type, it instead displays the player's head in the top-left corner. The exception is "secret base" which places the player head on the Route 4 tile to the immediate left.

Why is that? I'm trying to convert the map into a warehouse and would like to use the "inside" map type for the proper battle background, and (probably) to prevent digging to escape.
    hi!
    you can use this, which i personally recommend because it allows for a bunch of easier stuff later on in the hack, i.e. full sixteen color bgs for every bg
    and idk if neti's tut covers this, but it's here nonetheless

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back