• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[R/B/Y/G/S/C] The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Update #1

UPDATE 1

Spoiler:

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    I'll join this using pokemon gold

Update:
    Spoiler:

Vroke

Starmie FTW
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Chapter 2: The Road to Azalea Town

Upon leaving the gym, I got a calm from Prof Elm, so I went to get the Togepi egg, bringing my party total to four.

Team:
    :t158: Totodile Lv 14 - New Bark Town
    :t011: Metapod Lv 9 - Route 31
    :t019: Rattata Lv 4 - Sprout Tower
    :t175: Togepi Egg - Violet City

Box:
    None

Dead:
    :t074: Geodude Lv 9 - Dark Cave [Killed by Bellsprout]

First I headed south to Route 32, where I caught...
    :t194: Wooper Lv 4 - Route 32

I kept Wooper in my team, and then headed back to Route 31 to train up. By the time I was ready to head to Azalea Town, Metapod had evolved into Butterfree.

Team:
    :t012: Butterfree Lv 10 - Route 31
    :t019: Rattata Lv 7 - Sprout Tower
    :t194: Wooper Lv 6 - Route 32
    :t175: Togepi Egg - Violet City

I battled my way through Route 32, and stopped by the Ruins of Alph while I was there, and I managed to get a..
    :t201-k: Unown Lv 5 - Ruins of Alph

Unown became the first Pokemon to go into my box as a reserve pokemon. As I finished Route 32, I also managed to get the Poison Barb, as it's Friday - unfortunately, I have no Poison Pokemon to give it too. It can sit in my bag with Miracle Seed until one of them has a use.

I healed up at the Pokemon Center, then entered Union Cave, where I found and caught...
    :t074: Geodude Lv 6 - Union Cave

I kept Geodude with me and fought through Union Cave, which was proving easy with Wooper at the front of my team - easily gaining Wooper level after level after level.

When I reached Route 33, I stopped by the grass, and found and caught...
    :t041: Zubat Lv 6 - Route 33

Zubat was sent to my PC as my party was full.

When I reached Azalea town, I walked around until Togepi hatched. Then I did some reorganizing of my Pokemon to set me up for Slowpoke Well.

Team:
    :t194: Wooper Lv 12 - Route 32
    :t012: Butterfree Lv 12 - Route 31
    :t019: Rattata Lv 10 - Sprout Tower
    :t074: Geodude Lv 6 - Union Cave
    :t041: Zubat Lv 6 - Route 33

Box:
    :t175: Togepi Lv 5 - Violet City

Dead:

And there I stopped, as it's 2:45 in the morning. Before I hit Slowpoke Well, I'm going to get my Geodude and Zubat leveled up to the rest of my team. So far I've been lucky with trainer fights and type advantages. It's resulted in me only losing one Pokemon. Hopefully it stays that way.....

Next Chapter:
    Chapter 3: Azalea Town

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Update No. 02 - Azalea Deletes

-My laptop deleted my file !
    -CRAP !
    -Flame Item died anywyas ...

ARRGHH !! I have no luck ! :(
    I might restart when I get my new laptop on Sunday. This one is really screwy !

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I am bored today (school's closed, yayy !!) and I wanna use my screwy laptop and push it to the limit. I'll hopefully get lucky this time !
    -------------------------------------------------------------

BROWN ! TWO MASSIVE UPDATES IN ONE ! COME'N READ ! :P

CHAPTER 1 : Gravel Deaths

I started again, with Bulbasaur, this time named SEEDTHING! to have a little
    difference.
    Of course that in Merson Cave I got a ZUBAT (IT IS BAD) and I started the
    grinding. I caught it a Lv. 3. In its early Lv. 4, it died. Nuisance ! :(
    All I did was go beetween Gravel and Seashore to heal SEEDTHING! because of
    the mass dmg. and PP Loss it got. I finlly got out on Rt. 54 and got no Pokemon in
    the grass. Also fought no trainer. I accidentaly encountered a Lv. 17 Ekans in
    THE patch of grass (...) which almost killed SEEDTHING!. As a kudos to you,
    mondays suck, I named my Ekans I HATE YOU and decided to keep him. I got to the Pokemon Center and released IT IS BAD then went back to Rt. 54. I got a Pidgey, named FINALLY (somethig alright) and started grinding ....
    .... ..... ............ !
    I hate you Ratatta ! Two consecutive CRITICAL Tackles brought FINALLY down !
    THIS WON'T PASS UNNOTICED !
    .... I returned to the PC Box to release FINALLY.

I need some serious training before taking on Karpman.

-TEAM- :

Lv. 15 Bulbasaur (SEEDTHING!) : Tackle, Leech Seed, PoisonPowder, Vine Whip
    Lv. 17 Ekans (I HATE YOU) : Wrap, Leer, Poison Sting, Bite
    -BOXED- : none

-DEAD- (released) :
    Zubat (IT IS BAD)
    Pidgey (FINALLY)

While writing this I noticed all dead Pokemon are of the flying type !

CHAPTER 1.5 : BOSS FIGHT !! Karpman, the water Gym Leader !!

I decided to make separate chapters for boss battles.
    SEEDTHING! just evolved into an Ivysaur, making life easier. I was quite scared by the first Gym Trainer, a Squirtle and a Seel to a Gym Trainer ... but, whatever

[KARPMAN - WATER GYM LEADER]
    | HORSEA Lv. 10
    | VAPOREON Lv. 12

My team :

SEEDTHING! (Ivysaur) Lv. 19 Tackle, PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    I HATE YOU (Ekans) Lv. 20 Wrap, Poison Sting, Bite, Leer

Strategy : Nothing, just three Vine Whips. The Gym Trainer was stronger.
    Prize : TM 34 (Bide) One of he crappiest Pokemon moves. Will I ever use this ? No.

My team is listed above and no changes occured in my dead roster. So no team section needed !

CHAPTER 2 : Hayward and the Underground

On Route 55 I found an Abra which broke free. Dammit. I really wanted that Pokemon. I've also found a cave which turned out to be... the place where mondays suck anihilated Suicune ? Anyways, I caught a Seel there, nicknamed PSN since I accidentaly poisoned him. Fortunately, he had enough HP left (I think that by the time I reached the Pokemon Center, he had ... 2 HP left ?) to heal him. I plan on making him an addition to my team. Hopefully, he won't die.

I also found out that the cave in which I caught PSN had a Surf barrier, which meant I couldn't pass ! ._.

I grinded PSN on Rt. 54 with bad luck (no, he didn't die) since he got hit by a TON of criticals. Damn, I still managed to get him up to Lv. 15 and teach him Octazooka, not Water Gun. Yay ! I'm gonna do Route 55 now, results here ... :

Apparently, I found a house similar to the Celadon Condoninmus, where I found a Porygon. Named ICANTUSEU since I can't, cause I already [KILLED] the Abra from this route. So I went and released him ... sad !
    I also found an Underground path which led to Rt. 52 (Hayward Docks).
    Fun Fact : On the other side of the path there was an old bastard which said that he lives there because he has no money. lol. rofl. roflmao. ._.

So, Rt. 52 was a water Route (I HAVE NO ROD) which had a bridge to go across it. I got into grass later, in which I find an ... ODDISH ! Cool, but I already have its types, so it belongs to the box. I also nicknamed him WEED.

I found a guy in a house offering a Magmar for an Abra. I already got a Pokemon here, plus my chance of catching an Abra has been lost. So, no. Prof. Tim's Aid is offering me a Super Rod for 70 Pokemon. Total madness for a Nuzlocke ...

I reached Hayward. There was a mini-lab with a guy reviving fossils and a Clefairy for Lapras trade. I DON'T HAVE A CLEFAIRY ! I also got a Town Map from a random girl. THANK YOU !! I am done with wall-maps for now !

And now, unexpected ...

BOSS FIGHT : MURA

He begun with a Koffing, which I solved with PSN. Sadly, PSN got removed by his ANNOYING Doduo which scored a critical hit (I wasn't paying attentin at which move). RIP PSN, and thanks. He continued with a Cubone, disposed by my I HATE YOU (subject to change nickname). And, at last, his unevolved Charmander, which burned I HATE YOU, but still died !

COMPLETED ! LOSSES : PSN !!
    Comment : I'll get over that ! ;)

I went and released PSN, and I found a Rocket in Hayward ...
    And got TM 28.

SEEDTHING! Lv. 20 (Ivysaur) Tackle, PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    I HATE YOU Lv. 21 (Ekans) Wrap, Leer, Poison Sting, Bite

-BOXED- :

WEED (Oddish) Lv. 10

-DEAD- :

Zubat (IT IS BAD)
    Pidgey (FINALLY)
    Seel (PSN)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 3 : The Path to Owsauri ! Azalea, blocked way to JOHTO !

Managed to catch a Kakuna on Route 51 (North of Hayward). I named it DamnCocoon and deposited for backup. He wasted 3 POKEBALLS ! >.<

I HATE YOU evolved into Arbok against a Bug Catcher from the ... Nugget Squad ? Well, there is no bridge anymore, but whatever ...

I was close to deatch (SEEDTHING!) in the Nugget Squad when I got paralyzed and CONFUSED by a Zubat. I kept hitting myslef until SEEDTHING! remained with 1 HP and I decided to switch to my newly evolved I HATE YOU which took care of stuff. Yet another close thing ... I should avoid these .. :o

I went to Rt. 63 (west of Hayward) to go catch something. I caught a Spearow ! I decided to use it (Fearow can become a real badass) and I started the grinding !
    I nicknamed it MassKiller !

I got him up to Lv. 20, when he evolved into Fearow. I decided to continue, since he's powerful enough. Some guy told me to go right ... my map indicates a city called Owsauri City sits there !

As a quick note, remember when I got Dig ? I taught it to I HATE YOU for defeating Fire-Types !

It seems that even more to the north we find Rt. 51... it means a new Pokemon ! Mine was ... another ODDISH ! I accidentaly killed him with MassKiller, cause I wanted to use Fury Attack, but I hurried and used Peck ! >.< I should most definetly be more patient...

... and Rt. 50 is also west ... it's easy ; I encountered ANOTHER Oddish ! I ALSO KILLED IT ! CRAP, what's wrong with me ? Anyways, there are many trainers here, which also means many Exp. hehe ... I found ... HM1 ? Lying on Rt. 50 ... whatever, I need a slave ... but not now, even though it opens up MANY paths !

A KOFFING POISONED MASSKILLER !! OH NOES !
    But, I didn't even have any Potions, but I had a Repel left. So I ignored my spacebar and somehow managed to reach Hayward ! AND I HEALED !!
    Thankgod. If MassKiller died, I would've gone mad ! >.<

On my way to Owsauri, I found yet another anormality : A Hiker with an EEVEE ! Yeah, imagine my face !

I've reached Owsauri ... it seems that it is a fork that leads to AZALEA ! Lol, I wonder what's it gonna happen ... It also seems like Owsauri has the Name Rater, so I went there and changed Arbok's (BTW Arbok read reverse says Kobra while Ekans read reverse says Snake) nickname to I LOVE YOU. Quite reverse, yeah ? :D I also discovered the Game Corner here ! God knows where the Coin Case is ... but it also seems the prize Pokemon are the Johto Starters ! ._. If I need backup, I'll search for the Coin Case !

I also found a Gym here, with an Ice Type Leader ... Hmm, I might challenge her later, but since two of my Pokemon are weak to Ice and the other one can't counter them, not now ...

On Rt. 49 I found a RATATTA ! It seems like I had luck up to now ... I just threw a clean Great Ball, as I was afraind to kill him ... I caught it, named it Rotten.Rat (RIP Pokemon Silver Ratatta).

It seems like I need a Bike to reach Azalea ... and the next Gym will allow me to use Cut ... this only means MAJOR grinding, I love my team and if they die ... I'll commit suicide ...

-TEAM- :

SEEDTHING! Lv.23 (Ivysaur) Razor Leaf, PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    I LOVE YOU Lv. 23 (Arbok) Poison Sting, Dig, Leer, Bite
    MassKiller Lv. 23 (Fearow) Peck, Fury Attack, Leer, Growl

-BOX- :

WEED (Oddish) Lv. 10
    DamnCocoon (Kakuna) Lv. 8
    Rotten.Rat (Ratatta) Lv. 13

-DEAD- :

Zubat (IT IS BAD)
    Pidgey (FINALLY)
    Seel (PSN)

No changes here ... Hope it stays that way ...
    Next : Ice type Gym Leader. But before that, grinding !

CHAPTER 3.5 : BOSS FIGHT !! Ice Type Gym Leader, LILY !! Decisive Blow !!

I decided that, at Lv. 24, it should be the time to challenge the type that I'm weak against.
    I didn't have many troubles against Gym Trainers. A Razor Leaf solved them all (they used WATER type Pokemon which evolve into ICE types). But ...

[BOSS FIGHT : GYM LEADER LILY (Ice)]
    | Lv. 18 Jynx
    | Lv. 21 Lapras

Team :

Lv. 24 SEEDTHING (Ivysaur) Razor Leaf, PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, Vin Whip
    Lv. 24 MassKiller (Fearow) Peck, Leer, Growl, Fury Attack
    Lv. 24 I LOVE YOU (Arbok) Dig, Poison Sting, Bite, Leer

As you can see, my movepools are identical, just a minor grinding ...

STRATEGY : Well, I only used SEEDTHING! since he knew Razor Leaf. Just as I expected, this gym had the most powerful Ice Types of Gen I. Jynx was unexpected, she PowderSnowed me for minor damage. Lapras was defeated by two Crit. Razor Leafs. Lily wasted tht turn inbeetween for an X Defend (._.) but I defeated her !

BOSS BATTLE !! : COMPLETE !!
    LOSSES : none !

Prizes : TM 13 (Ice Beam)
    Comment : Hmm... I might use this one !

And so, a battle which I thought that would be a threat turned out to be easy ! It was me who deceived myself, this Leader only using a SINGLE ice type move the entire battle, the other turns being wasted on X Defends. Stupid AI !

Also, now I can use CUT ! I'm gonna get a slave from my box and make my way back to Hayward as I have two paths to explore and a few more Pokemon to get !

Last edited:
    Years
    Ok, I got back from being completely lazy and not doing anything to some more grinding. Currently trying to get Raichu up to a decent level by only using Pay Day. It might be a pain, but it will pay out ... literally.
    And no one is even level 60 yet, ugh...

Edit: I actually managed to get Raichu up while only using Pay Day. I grinded on derps, so it took quite long. I did gain over 70k money though, so it was worth it. Now I'm back at 100k, that should be enough.

But, the rest of the team is still all in level 58 and 59, so Im still having quite a bit of grinding to do.

Update: Currently 40 of the needed 72 level ups to get my entire team to level 70 have been achieved. But, this already took hours. The end of grinding is not in sight yet.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    CHAPTER 4 : Cut opens up ! MORE TO EXLPLORE !

I found Weed ( Oddish) to be a respectable Cut Slave, so I'm using him.

Moveset-wise, I also found out I somehow got hold of TM 39 (Swift) I taught it to MassKiller for a good STAB normal type move. Plus, it never misses ! :D

I reached Hayward and went west. There was a patch of grass in which I didn't caatch a Pokemon yet. So I went there and found a Pidgey ! I threw a clean PokeBall (I'm out of Great ones ...) and it got caught on the third one ! Nicknamed Too Late ! since I got a Fearow already ! But backup is always good !

Sadly, this Rt. led to TM 23 and a Lass ... nothing else ! :(

So, we go East of Hayward !

Hmm .. I already caught a Pokemon here, but I found a trainer talking about the Silk Tunnel ... does this mean that we will be getting a new dungeon ? I hope yes !

I kept advancing, running in many trainers (Bug Catchers, Hikers, ...)

And, after checking my Map, it does seem that there is a tunnel blocking m way to Moraga Town. I hope we get a bike in there !

I entered Silk Tunnel, just to find a Koffing. I hope to catch it, so I weakened it with SEEDTHING! (since he can't get poisoned) and it turned out well. I named him ROUND PSN (RIP Silver Gastly) and I am going to deposit it in Moraga.

It seems like there is a big variety of Pokemon here : I also found a Grimer, Staryu, Psyduck, Geodude (no Zubat yet, hehe) ... and a Strength boulder too ._. .

I also found a Ponyta when I was leading with SEEDTHING! (there were Hikers around). Good that she only managed to Ember me once before me evading.

Arrghh ! Someone paralysed I LOVE YOU, getting me rid of all the Exp. since I was afraid ! DARN, I hope these get recovered !

Thank God, I found the exit. It also seems the Strength boulder is simply a quicker way to reach Moraga, which isn't a town but it's confusing.

I found HM Fly and taught it to MassKiller. I got lost and I am still searching for the Pokemon Center. Lol, it really is annoying ! After big searching, I found the Pokemon Center next to the gym. Finally, I can heal !

It seems like west of the town, there is another Route, Rt. 60. It means New Pokemon ! I found a Lv. 19 Paras. Quite unexpected, to be honest. I threw a Pokeball at full HP and caught it, named it ODD THING (I ran out of Ideas) and deposited it as backup !

I still don't know the Gym's type, no one told me. But I hope to stay clear, even though I am still too lazy to actually challenge it. Plus, it is made after Erika's Gym layout, with a cut tree, so I think it is actually the grass type !

On Rt. 60 (where I caught Paras) Prof. Tim's Aid is in a house. He will offer me an Exp. All (o_O) for 50 Pokemon. Once again, madness for a nuzlocke run ! :( Right in a binocular from that place, "A strange Pokemon is flying to Mt. Boulder *insert Articuno cry here*" . I might go and kill it later, though !

And, it seems like I just passed the shortest Route in history to reach Jaeru City. Here, it seems like we have the way to the Rijon League. Quite curious, to be honest.

I also talked to a girl who told me about Sparky, this town's Gym Leader. It seems like he uses electric types (for Pete's Sake, look at its name !). This is where I LOVE YOU comes in with Dig !

AND FINALLY, A BIKE SHOP !! It means I can acces Johto and with Fly on my MassKiller, it will be easy ! I just used my bike Voucher and received a Bike ! YAY !

-TEAM- :
    Lv. 27 SEEDTHING! (Ivysaur) Razor Leaf, PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    Lv. 27 MassKiller (Fearow) Peck, Fly, Mirror Move, Swift
    Lv. 25 I LOVE YOU (Arbok) Dig, Poison Sting, Leer, Bite

Major moveset change on MassKiller. The rest is the same, except the levels.

-BOXED- :

WEED (Oddish) Lv. 10 - Cut HM Slave
    Too Late ! (Pidgey) Lv. 10
    ROUND PSN (Koffing) Lv. 16
    ODD THING (Paras) Lv. 19

-DEAD- :

Zubat (IT IS BAD)
    Pidgey (FINALLY)
    Seel (PSN)

Still the same ! Lovely !

Next : The two Gym Leaders ! And Johto ! And the Warehouse ! (I have so much stuff to take care of) !

UPDATE 5 : TWO BOSS FIGHTS !! FIERCE SOULS !!

I don't know how many of you have noticed but I am naming my updates the way the japanese name their anime episodes : without verbs. Since I am lazy !

Anyways, this is 5 and not 4.5 since instead of 1 boss battle, we will be getting 2, hopefully 3 (If I do Johto in this update). The warehouse won't be included !

So, I head to Moraga Town ...

And the first lass from the gym uses a Tangela. Yep, it is a Grass Gym. Go MassKiller ! :D It also seems they use early 20 Lv. Pokemon here. Since mine are almost 30, it won't be such a big deal ! (it also seems everyone in this gym hates boys ! DISCRIMINATION !)

[BOSS BATTLE : GYM LEADER LOIS (Grass)]
    |
    | Lv. 24 Weepinbell
    | Lv. 23 Gloom
    | Lv. 26 Ivysaur

It was an easy Gym, thanks to MassKiller !

Strategy : Peck, Peck, Peck ...
    Prize : TM 21 (Giga Drain) I can also use Strength !
    Comment : Just taught it to Ivysaur !

And so, with Lois beaten, we head back to Jaeru City to beat Sparky ... Just as I expected, he uses Electric types. Since I LOVE YOU knows Dig, it shall be easy !

This Gym is rid of the screwy puzzle, there are just few trainers which gave Exp. to the underleveled I LOVE YOU.

[BOSS BATTLE : GYM LEADER SPARKY (Electric)]
    |
    | Lv. 27 Raichu
    | Lv. 2? Electabuzz
    | Lv. 29 Jolteon

I forgot to take note of Electabuzz's Level !
    Sparky was a mediumly hard Gym Leader : he used X Speeds while I was underground and hit first, thus missed me ! :P I easily beat him, only that he brought I LOVE YOU down to 10 HP with a ThunderShock ! o_O
    Strategy : Dig, Dig, Dig, ...
    Prize : TM 24 (Thunderbolt) I'll use it if I ever get an Electric ! I can also use Fly ! YAY !

This should be it for this Boss Update.
    Next : Johto, Warehouse ! It is coming close !

-TEAM- :

Lv. 27 SEEDTHING! (Ivysaur) Razor Leaf, PoisonPowder, Leech Seed, Giga Drain
    Lv. 29 MassKiller (Fearow) Peck, Swift, Mirror Move, Fly
    Lv. 28 I LOVE YOU (Arbok) Dig, Poison Sting, Glare, Bite

Mostly a Level-Wise update, but also minor moveset changes !

-BOXED- :

Too Late ! (Pidgey) Lv. 10
    ROUND PSN (Koffing) Lv. 16
    ODD THING (Paras) Lv. 19

-DEAD- :

Zubat (IT IS BAD)
    Pidgey (FINALLY)
    Seel (PSN)

These two are the same !

CHAPTER 6 : Deaths in The Family !

Okay, so first in tis update I will do the Johto Part. Mostly out of curiosity. It seems we acces it through the cycling road west of Owsauri ! *flies there*

Okay, the Cycling Road (Rt. 49) has grass in which I got an Oddish ! I'm bored of this weed, so I just killed him ! It is also a weird uphill path, meaning I fall down if I don't press A or move up !

OH DAMN !! OH NO !! THESE GUYS HAVE Lv. 40s !!! NOOO !
    MASSKILLER DIED !
    I LOVE YOU DIED !
    SEEDTHING DIED !
    KET IS OUT OF USABLE POKEMON ... KET BLACKED OUT !

DAMN, NOOO !! *insert swearing here !*

THIS WILL BE AVENGED !! SCREW THAT BIKER, HE WILL DIE !!!

CHAPTER 7 : A New Dawn Awaits !! REBORN !!

Introducing :

Lv. 10 TOO LATE ! (Pidgey) Gust, Sand Attack, Fly
    Lv. 19 Rotten.Rat (Ratatta) Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack
    Lv. 16 ROUND PSN (Koffing) Tackle, Smog, Tunderbolt
    Lv. 19 ODD THING (Paras) Scratch, Stun Spore

Thunderbolt because I need.
    This is the reborn team, which will take down that biker. I won't beat the League until my old team doesn't get avenged. YOU HEAR ME ?

-DEAD- :

Zubat (IT IS BAD)
    Pidgey (FINALLY)
    Seel (PSN)
    Ivysaur (SEEDTHING!)
    Fearow (MassKiller)
    Arbok (I LOVE YOU)

I won't be including the boxed roster.

CHAPTER 7.5 : WAREHOUSE SWEEP ! New Team Hits On !

With MAJOR grinding, TMs, DayCare and SpaceBar my team is at Lv. 25 range. I just went to Rt. 59 and accidentaly killed a Pidgey. ._.

Riight after killing that bird, my team is as follows. All hired assasins for a Biker (nicknames changed) :
    Lv. 24 Destructo (Koffing) Tackle, Smog, Thunderbolt
    Lv. 24 Quick Kill (Raticate) Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang
    Lv. 24 Fly ! Kill (Pidgeotto) Gust, Whirlwhind, Quick Attack, Fly
    Lv. 24 Slow Kill (Parasect) Scratch, Take Down, Leech Life, Body Slam

Incidentally, I flooded Slow Kill with TMs because it was useless. All the others have minor moveset changes. Nothing else new here, gonna beat Team Rocket at their warehouse !

I reached the warehouse. First thing I find is a Spinarak that I forget to catch and, thus, I kill it. It seems like there aren't that many rockets here; or at least I haven't found any so far.

Ah ! None in the basement, many upstairs ! The first one had 5 Lv. 21-23 Pokemon which quite took down my team... decided to grind ! *again*

Grind ... grind .... grind ... grind ...

MY TM OVERFLOOD ALMOST FAINTED !
    Oh God, God ... I almost screamed Fuuu ... when I read A Critical Hit ! It seems like 1 HP remained and Slow Kill survived. ANOTHER ESCAPADE ! >.<

Back to the warehouse, stopped useless grinding. All Pokemon are over my level but I can handle them well ! Note : I also gave a beer to the guard but ... Botan has no Pokemon Center ? ._.

In the warehouse QuickKill was poisoned with full health ... I had enough time to evade and heal. THIS IS SO ANNOYING, I ALWAYS FAIL ...

I'm gonna grind again, this update isn't finished (yet). I'll update more tomorrow !

... HULLAZ HELL !! Spearows and Peck and Slow Kill make a horrible combination ! Good that Pidgey knows Gust (which apparently is Wind type, and Destructo is also Gas type) which is oddly uneffective gainst grass ! And, another weird thing about type matchups : Wind seems so be Super Effective on ... Gas. Which means that Destructo was blown away by ... wind ? Seems fair to me. Team after grinding :

Lv. 36 Fly ! Kill (Pidgeot) Wing Attack, Whirlwind, Fly, Quick Attack
    Lv. 36 Extermino (Weezing) Tackle, Smog, Thunderbolt, Sludge
    Lv. 36 Quick Kill (Raticate) Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang
    Lv. 36 Slow Kill (Parasect) Spore, Take Down, Leech Life

Momma, holly grinding !
    There was also this cave in botan which will be demolished because of the Magnet Train expansion. I went there and caught a Natu (GRAW !) nicknamed like that because it wasted two PokeBalls... yes, two. (I won't be using it anyways). The cave also seems a better grinding than Lv. 19-21 Spearows and Pidgeys so I'll take that game, thanks !

WAREHOUSE TIME !

I'm not even afraid since grinding time wore off. I sliced every Rocket in there. even Giovanni was easy.

This is the end of another update. Next update : weird Botan House leading to a forest. lolfail. rofl. roflmao.

Lv. 36 Fly ! Kill (Pidgeot) Wing Attack, Whirlwind, Fly, Quick Attack
    Lv. 37 Extermino (Weezing) Tackle, Smog, Thunderbolt, Sludge
    Lv. 36 Quick Kill (Raticate) Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang
    Lv. 36 Slow Kill (Parasect) Spore, Take Down, Leech Life

Really the same. ._.

-BOXED- :

GRAW ! (Natu) Lv. 20

...not the same... ;_;

-DEAD- :

Zubat (IT IS BAD)
    Pidgey (FINALLY)
    Seel (PSN)
    Ivysaur (SEEDTHING!)
    Fearow (MassKiller)
    Arbok (I LOVE YOU)

I HATE SEEING THIS LIST ! >.<

Last edited:

Vroke

Starmie FTW
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Chapter 3: Azalea Town

I began by training up Geodude and Zubat to levels that were closer to the rest of my team, but I got bored quickly and decided I would just go for it, and entered the well with:

Team:
    :t158: Totodile Lv 14
    :t012: Butterfree Lv 12
    :t194: Wooper Lv 12
    :t019: Rattata Lv 10
    :t074: Geodude Lv 8
    :t041: Zubat Lv 6

Slowpoke Well posed no problem for me, though there was one very close call with Geodude.

After Slowpoke Well, I wanted to go catch something in Ilex Forest, but I forgot about the battle with the Rival. So, I ended up in a fight with someone whose Pokemon were much stronger than mine. Fortunately, I managed to KO all of his without losing a single one of mine. After the fight, I gave up on Ilex Forest, and took on Azalea Gym with this team:

Team:
    :t158: Totodile Lv 15
    :t012: Butterfree Lv 14
    :t194: Wooper Lv 12
    :t019: Rattata Lv 10
    :t041: Zubat Lv 9
    :t074: Geodude Lv 8

The only thing that worried me about Bugsy was his Scyther. I decided to train up Geodude in the gym so it grew to level 11 to learn Rock Throw to easily dispatch Scyther (because of its Flying type). However, I forgot that Bug is ALSO weak to Rock. In short, I made very quick work of the entire gym and Bugsy thanks to Geodude.

I healed up afterwards, and got set to travel to the next destination - Goldenrod City. Here are my current Pokemon:

Team:
    :t158: Totodile Lv 15 - New Bark Town
    :t074: Geodude Lv 15 - Union Cave
    :t012: Butterfree Lv 14 - Route 31
    :t194: Wooper Lv 12 - Route 32
    :t019: Rattata Lv 10 - Sprout Tower
    :t041: Zubat Lv 10 - Route 33

Box:

Dead:
    :t074: Geodude Lv 9 - Dark Cave

Failed to Catch In: Route 29, 30
    No Attempt In: Cherrygrove City, Azalea Town, Slowpoke Well

Next Chapter:
    Chapter 4: The Road to Goldenrod

Years
    After a crapload of grinding, the team is finally ready to take on the Elite 4. But first, I have another score to settle.
    Spoiler:

So, now...
    Spoiler:

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    Elite 4 Update:
    Spoiler:

Vroke

Starmie FTW
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Chapter 3: The Road to Goldenrod City

I began by entering Ilex Forest. I came across, and caught, the first Pokemon I ran into, which was...

:t043: Oddish Lv 5 - Ilex Forest

Oddish was sent to my box, and I continued through the forest. I did the Farfetch'd stuff and got HM01 (Cut), which I taught to Totodile. I pushed on through the forest and found the ultimate prize - TM02 (Headbutt). I taught it to Geodude.

I went BACK to Azalea Town, where I went behind Kurt's home, and found some small trees. I headbutted one of them, and out popped...

:t190: Aipom Lv 10 - Azalea Town

It was difficult and close, but I caught - though now I'm low on Pokeballs. It too was sent to my PC. I left Azalea Town for the last time and made it through Ilex Forest.

Once on Route 34, I battled a few trainers, but nothing really exciting happened. To finish the chapter, I arrived at Goldenrod with these Pokemon:

Team:
    :t158: Totodile Lv 16 - New Bark Town
    :t074: Geodude Lv 15 - Union Cave
    :t012: Butterfree Lv 14 - Route 31
    :t019: Rattata Lv 13 - Sprout Tower
    :t194: Wooper Lv 13 - Route 32
    :t041: Zubat Lv 10 - Route 33

Box:
    :t190: Aipom Lv 10 - Azalea Town
    :t043: Oddish Lv 5 - Ilex Forest

Dead:

Failed to Catch: Route 29 (Pidgey), Route 30 (Ledyba)
    Skipped Areas: Cherrygrove City, Slowpoke Well, Route 34

Next Chapter:
    Chapter 4: Goldenrod City

[NOTE: I hope that my many updates aren't too annoying >.<]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I finally got round to doing some more of my Yellow Nuzlocke:
    Bought 10 PokeBalls from Viridian
    Caught a Mankey on Route 22 (Good news, my Brock battle will now be so much easier)
    Named it Monkey (imaginative name I know)
    Went up to Route 2. What will the 3rd member of my team be?
    It was a Rattata. There is always a Rattata somewhere
    Got a critical hit and killed it, shame that was going to be my reserve
    Went to Viridian Forest
    It just had to be a Metapod. The most useless Pokemon of all time. It just had to be a Metapod
    Forgot to give it nickname just like Pikachu. Its name would have been Useless by the way.
    Time to gind Pikachu and Monkey to challenge my rival

Team
    Pikachu level 7
    Thundershock
    Growl
    Tail Whip

Monkey Level 3 (Mankey)
    Scratch
    Leer

Next update
    Finished grinding Pikachu and Mankey to level 10, so far so good.
    I go to Route 22 to fight my rival
    My rival opens with a Spearow Level 9.
    I start with Pikachu
    Spearow dies to one critical hitted Thundershock.
    Rival sends out Eevee.
    Eevee gets paralysed by one Thunder Wave
    Eevee keeps using Sand-Attack
    Switch out Pikachu for Monkey
    Eevee dies to one Low Kick.
    Goodbye rival!

Team
    Pikachu Level 10
    Thundershock
    Growl
    Leer
    Thunder Wave

Monkey (Mankey) Level 10
    Scratch
    Leer
    Low Kick

In Reserve:
    Metapod level 5
    Harden

Next update:
    Cleared Viridian Forest with no problems at all
    Brock's apprentice went down without difficulty

Brock now
    Brock opened with Geodude
    I opened with Monkey
    Geodude went down to one Low Kick
    Brock sent out Onix
    Onix went down to two Low Kicks
    I beat Brock with ease
    Got TM34, Bide. Useless

Team
    Monkey (Mankey) Level 13
    Scratch
    Leer
    Low Kick

Pikachu Level 11
    Thundershock
    Quick Attack
    Tail Whip
    Thunder Wave

Now onto Mt.Moon and Cerulean City

Last edited:
    Years
    Update 2

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    On Route 3 I found and caught a Spearow. Nicknamed it Spary and will drop it in the PC as a good reserve.

In Mt.Moon the first Pokemon I encountered was a Geodude. I caught it, named it Rock and put it in the PC. It and Spary will protect me as reserves.

Mt.Moon passed without incident, well Pikachu and Monkey both nearly died but they lived to fight another day.

In Cerulean City I got a Bulbasaur, nicknamed Bulb. Time for some Bulb grinding

Team
    Monkey (Mankey) level 18
    Scratch
    Leer
    Low Kick
    Karate Chop

Pikachu level 17
    Thundershock
    Quick Attack
    Mega Punch
    Thunder Wave

Bulb (Bulbasaur) level 10
    Tackle
    Growl
    Leech Seed

Years
    Time to take on the Elite 4.

But first, let's take a look back.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now, how many times did I say "dammit" followed by "Ah, whatever" in that text? And it wasn't even intentionally...

Last edited:

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
    May I join? With Crystal, I suppose.

And might I say, Mondays, your post are literally the only ones I read. They are great. :D

Edit;
    So, I chose my stuff, did the beginning stuff, chose Chikorita, and then got to Mr. Pokemon.

Then I made my way back to the town. I battle my rival, and won.

I helped the cops with the investigation, showed Elm the egg, and got some Pokeballs. Luckily, no Pokemon attacked me. But when I went up to the route above, a Spearow jumped at me.

Then, on the next route, a Sentret attacked.

But then he died.

Then I traveled up the Sprout Tower, and beat the top dude.

Then I beat Falkner on my first try. YES.

Pokemon;
    Chiko Lv. 12

Zoomzume Lv. 11

Dead;
    Tailchi [HootHoot]

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Congrats, mondays ! I hope you remain a Nuzlocke addict ! :)
    Also, I think that no one actually track me because of my walls of text ...

CHAPTER 8 : Missing.No ! DEFEAT THIS !! Biker Revenge - It's ON !!

It seems like this place is based off Pokemon Tower. This means a Mura fight. Oh, and btw, it's called Haunted Forest but upstairs we have rocks ... >.<

[BOSS FIGHT : Rival MURA !!]
    |
    | Lv. 30 Koffing
    | Lv. 29 Doduo
    | Lv. 28 Gastly
    | Lv. 28 Larvitar
    | Lv. 33 Charmeleon

STARTEGY : I led with Quick Kill. I owned Koffing (HE POSIONED ME >.<) but I had to switch.
    He continued with Doduo so I sent out Extermino. A Thunderbolt finished this off.
    The Gastly was easy, I sent oout Fly ! Kill and defeated him with Fly. He confused me, but I defeated him.
    He has a Larvitar, which I can't beat but I used Slow Kill for its awesome bulk. Body Slam, Body Slam, Body Slam...
    Last was Charmeleon. I switched to Extermino because he had no DMG. made. Now really, Sludge owned my team last time, but this time it proved useful. Two Sludges brought him down and I won !

PRIZE : Ummm, nothing, probably cash ?

Like I said, poor Quick Kill got poisoned but I flought to Jaeru (BOTAN HAS NO POKEMON CENTER !!!! >.<) and healed.

Also, in the haunted forest we find a MissingNo named Ghost ... OMFGWTFROFL happened here ?? It means I can't catch whatever that thing was ... whatever ... And what do we find ... A Card Key ? It means I return to the Warehouse to find ... Dream Eater TM (Paras knows Spore ... BUT HE CAN'T LEARN IT !!!) and a TradeStone and Amulet ... wtf, I wanted a Silph Scope ...

Back to the forest (where there is some XP. from the channelers). Do you know what made me lol ? A Channeler said "Water Gun !", Water Gun being the move that Missing.No.s make themselves known !

OKAY !! OKAY !! I decide to half-end this update because of a great announcment : EXTERNIO DIED... because Haunters like spamming Hypnosis and Confuse Ray.
    And I'm too nervous to keep playing ... okay. ... SLOW KILL DIED TOO !! DAMN HAUNTER YOU DESTROYED MEEE !!!!!

I'm gonna try to calm down (I almost let my laptop fall on the floor ...) and I'll continue later. And yes, I know I edited my post for this, what if I get a warning ... ?

Last edited:

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    Final Update:

Spoiler:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I have to drop, but because it's game over. My remaining Pokemon (not many) got owned in the fighting-type gym. Now, now ...
    I won't be doing this again soon ... way too painful .. :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    ill try this with pokemon yellow will update asap.

beat brock with solo pidgeotto since pickachu and spearow died at the victory road rival battle I had sync. off and walked to fast before going back to poke centre
    went through mt moon and caught a geodude
    beat misty w/solo pidgeotto
    beat "douche"
    beat nugget road
    got charmander
    saved

current pokemon
    level 28 pidgeotto
    level 18 geodude
    level 10 charmander

dead
    lvl 9 pickachu
    lvl 9 spearow

too lazy to find smilies :P

Last edited:

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    I will be starting this challenge usg Pokemon Gold, expect and update very soon, now that I got my 15th post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back