• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[R/B/Y/G/S/C] The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
    Years
    ~The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread~

Hello and welcome to the Nuzlocke Challenge Thread. Here you can post about your Nuzlocke adventures and experience another new and exciting way to play your Pokemon games. The Nuzlocke Challenge can have many different rule sets to make the challenge harder or easier on oneself, but the main idea of the Nuzlocke challenge is that if your Pokemon faints, they are "dead" and you must release them or just box them away and not use them for the rest of the challenge. Really, you're goal should be to make things as hard as you honestly think you can handle and see how it goes. This thread's main ruleset will be based on my own modified rules but you can change them in any way you'd like in the spirit of the challenge.

~Rules

1. If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it ASAP. You cannot use Revives.
    2. When you reach a new Route/Cave/Town/Ect. you can only catch the first Pokemon you see in that Area. You are allowed to have Pokemon in your PC box as "backup" for when you need new members to replace fainted ones.
    3. If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see for ANY reason then you've missed out on your chance to get a Pokemon from that area. Because of this rule, you cannot catch any Pokemon on Route 1, ect. if you saw one there.
    4. You may only buy up to 10 Pokeballs from each Pokemart.
    5. You are not allowed to use Legendary Pokemon.
    6. If a town contains Gift Pokemon, you may treat these as your captured Pokemon for said area. For example, the Eevee you obtain from Bill in Goldenrod.
    7. Nickname all of your Pokemon so you have an attachment to them. "Each Pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking." (Not really a required rule, but makes things fun.)
    8. If you black out (all party Pokemon faint) and you have no backups in your PC, it's Game Over.
    9. You are not allowed to use any healing items outside of battle.
    10. You are not allowed to switch out before the trainer sends in his next Pokemon. (Change that setting in the Options Menu)
    11. No trading between games, hacking pokemon, ect. You know, stay in the spirit of the challenge...

~Challengers Post saying which game you're doing the challenge on if you'd like to be on this list.

~Red

~Blue

~Yellow
    Myrrhman | A
    ~Gold
    Mondays Suck​
    ~Silver

~Crystal

~Other Rules You can add these to make your hell more special. Post if you have a suggestion for this list.

• You may only heal at a town's Pokemon Center's once.
    • You may not buy any pokeballs.
    • You may not buy any healing items.
    • You may not use any healing items.

~Sig Add-ons

-N/A-

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    This one I'm doing for sure right now.

Name: Myrrhman
    Game Name: A
    Version: Yellow

Since I'm starting now, how about an update?

Spoiler:

And my team:
    Spoiler:

Badges: 2
    Team: Pikachu, Butterfree, Nidorino, Charmander

Years
    Idea for other rules (I'm using this one): No Hold Items

I could swear I read about this challenge just yesterday somewhere else, and because it looks interesting and it's about time I get back into Pokemon again, I'll try this. Gold shall be the version of my choice.

By the way, would would happen if you lose the first rival battle in the games where you can't train before it? Instant Game Over?

Update time: The challenge I saw yesterday was in a comic style, so I thought I might have so incredibly awesome and innovative idea to copy that idea.
    Enjoy my awful Paint skills and even worse entertainment skills (I had some fun making it though):
    Spoiler:

Update: If it got better or even worse, you decide... What I know is that I have to shorten things down, otherwise there is going to be something like 400 episodes in the end...
    Spoiler:

More Update, but without drawings this time, it takes just up too much time and isn't good anyways:
    Basically I finsihed the whole Mr. Pokemon quest and caught myself a level 3 Geodude that almost managed to kill my Chikorita.

Current team (all nicknames are rndgen'd because I'm so uncreative):
    :t152:f Uskwach - Lv. 9 - Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf - New Bark Town
    :t074:f Ackiatia - Lv. 3 - Tackle - Route 46

It could be worse, Geodude will certainly help a lot against the early gyms. I'm quite worried because of Mud Slap though.

More Update: I already had met Pokemon at the first two other routes, and I was enough of a genius to kill the Bellsprout, the Zubat and the Unown (in retrospective I think I should have tried to get Natu later on instead here) I met on other places. I did manage to catch a Rattata in Sprout Tower though. So far, I have beaten Falkner (my overleveled Uskwach (who almost died at some point because of getting poisoned by a Bug Catcher's Lv.3 Weedle, but thankfully only almost) easily killed Pidgey and stalled Pidgeotto for quite a while. When I switched to Ackiatia, Pidgeotto had quite a lot of -Attack, but still full HP. Mud Slap kept annoying me, so I didn't get many hits in and switched to Worgog the Rattata instead who killed Pidgeotto with 2 or 3 Quick Attacks) and received Togepi's egg.

Current team:
    :t152:f Uskwach - Lv. 14 - Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf, Reflect - New Bark Town
    :t074:f Ackiatia - Lv. 10 - Tackle, Defense Curl - Route 46
    :t019: m Worgog - Lv. 10 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack - Sprout Tower
    :t175: Egg - Violet City

Failed to catch Pokemon in: Route 29, 30, 31, Dark Cave, Ruins Of Alph

Update time again:
    As I made my way down from Violet to Union cave, in the first patch of grass I came across a Mareep. I managed to catch it (lost many Pokeballs because Worgog put it down to something unfortunate like 49% HP with the first Tackle, but it was certainly worth it) Then, I managed to get to Violet without problems, even though I killed a Zubat in Union Cave with a crit. Arrived at Violet, I directly went into Ilex Forest, and caught a Caterpie. I also caught a Hoppip east of the town.
    Team Rocket time. The normal trainers all went down rather easily, but the last guy with the Koffing killed my Rattata. Not my MVP, but it still would have been pretty useful later on with Hyper Fang... As a (bad) replacement, I caught a Zubat in Slowpoke Well.
    In the Bug Gym, I had another loss: A Paras poisoned my Metapod, I couldn't save it. I was thinking it only had Stun Spore and Scratch, so my Metapod would be safe, but I was proven wrong. The rest of the game fell rather easily (mostly to Geodude) even though I got poisoned two times but I always managed to get to the Pokemon center in time. Even Bugsy didn't cause any problems. My rival was easy as well, Geodude had an advantage over all 3 of his Pokemon and I abused it.
    On to one of the most fearsome parts of the game: Goldenrod, where Whitney awaits...

Current team (did I mention some of my Pokemon evolved):
    :t153:f Uskwach - Lv.16 - Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf, Poison Powder - New Bark Town
    :t074:f Ackiatia - Lv.18 - Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw, Magnitude - Route 46
    :t175: Egg - Violet City

:t180:m Gethrvor - Lv.15 - Tackle, Growl, Thunder Shock - Route 32
    :t187:m Iloxec - Lv.6 - Splash, Synthesis, Tail Whip - Route 33
    :t041:m Erteath - Lv.8 - Leech Life, Supersonic - Slowpoke Well

Dead (placed in Box 14 instead of releasing so I still have their data):
    :t019:m Worgog - Lv.12 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack - Sprout Tower - Koffing
    :t011:m Munumon - Lv.8 - Tackle, String Shot, Harden - Ilex Forest - Paras

Failed to catch Pokemon in: Route 29, 30, 31, Dark Cave, Ruins Of Alph, Union Cave

Next Update: Finished Goldenrod stuff, and my team got some nice additions on the way there. However, I lost more than I gained, as you will see:
    2 Steps after I had saved, Togepi hatched. I deposited it and Hoppip for hard times and headed to Ilex Forest again. Right after Ilex Forest, I met a Drowzee in the grass, and I caught it. A pretty lucky catch, because I could teach it the 3 Elemental Punches. I also taught Fire Punch to Gethrvor the Flaaffy and swept through all the Goldenrod stuff with them. Zubat and Drowzee devellopped into great fighters, but Zubat died near Sudowoodo because I was stupid and left it in against a Kadabra, and immediately got OHKOd with Confusion. Great. In the meantime, I caught a female Nidoran and a Pidgey, but I accidentally killed a male Nidoran. I put them onto the box.
    Whitney time. i started with Uskwach and somehow managed to defeat Clefairy without losing many HP. When the dreaded Miltank was sent out, it used Stomp and Uskwach flinched and was down to very low HP, so I had to switch and went to Gethrvor, hoping to be able to paralyze it. Of course, it didn't work and Gethrvor died, which really sucks because it was one of my most vital team members. I should have sent Geodude out sooner, who defeated Miltank without problems then.
    Now, I have only 3 strong Pokemon left, so I'll have to take one of the boxed guys into my team. I think I'll take Nidoran, but I'm not really sure yet...

Current team:
    :t153:f Uskwach - Lv.18 - Cut, Growl, Razor Leaf, Poison Powder - New Bark Town
    :t074:f Ackiatia - Lv.20 - Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw, Magnitude - Route 46

:t096:f Redogut - Lv.17 - Thunder Punch, Hypnosis, Fire Punch, Ice Punch - Route 34

Boxed:
    :t175:m Stikimtas - Lv.5 - Growl, Charm - Violet City

:t029:f Cerace - Lv.12 - Growl, Tackle, Scratch, Double Kick - Route 35
    :t016:f Tanishi - Lv.12 - Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust - National Park

:t019:m Worgog - Lv.12 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack - Sprout Tower - Koffing
    :t041:m Erteath - Lv.16 - Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite - Slowpoke Well - Kadabra
    :t180:m Gethrvor - Lv.18 - Tackle, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock, Fire Punch - Route 32 - Miltank

Failed to catch Pokemon in: Route 29, 30, 31, 36 Dark Cave, Ruins Of Alph, Union Cave

Next Update: Things just went horribly wrong. First, I got Nidoran some levels up and evolved it, but it died to a Raichu that critted it to death. On level 16. Then, on Route 37 I didn't meet Stantler which would have been awesome, I met a Pidgey. Another Pidgey. I tried to level it a bit, but it died to a Growlithe. On level 16. Then, I went to Mt.Mortar, hoping for Machop. What did I get? Right. Zubat. Great. Tried to level it. Guess what? It died. At level 16. To a Pidgey this time. Next thing I got was a Rattata. It didn't die at level 16, but at level 18 to that Umbreon, because of Acchax. I managed to take out the other Kimono girls and got Surf, but when I tried to challenge my rival, things went even more wrong. Haunter wasn't hard, Drowzee OHKOd it. Magnemite wasn't hard too, even though I had to switch because of a Supersonic. But then came Zubat. I had Geodude out, and it used Bite. And critted. And Flinched. And in the next turn, it confused Geodude, which hit itself and was left with 3 HP. I switched to Drowzee and things didn't go better. There was less hax, but I still couldn't beat it. I switched to Bayleef and managed to take Zubat out with Cut, but then he sent out Quilava and easily beat my weakened Pokemon. Great.
    But, I still have some Pokemon left, and while they aren't as good as my now dead old team, they are going to continue this, I'm not giving up yet.

Current team:
    :t175:m Stikimtas - Lv.5 - Growl, Charm - Violet City

:t016:f Tanishi - Lv.12 - Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust - National Park
    :t133:m Chtishshul - Lv.20 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Growl - Goldenrod City

:t041:m Erteath - Lv.16 - Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite - Slowpoke Well - Kadabra
    :t180:m Gethrvor - Lv.18 - Tackle, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock, Fire Punch - Route 32 - Miltank
    :t030:f Cerace - Lv.16 - Growl, Tackle, Scratch, Double Kick - Route 35 - Raichu
    :t016:f Clotskull - Lv.16 - Tackle - Sand Attack - Gust - Quick Attack - Route 37 - Growlithe
    :t041:m Boggrumble - Lv.16 - Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite - Mount Mortar - Pidgey
    :t019:f Leec - Lv.18 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang - Route 38 - Umbreon
    :t153:f Uskwach - Lv.21 - Cut, Growl, Razor Leaf, Poison Powder - New Bark Town - Quilava
    :t074:f Ackiatia - Lv.22 - Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw, Magnitude - Route 46
    - Quilava
    :t096:f Redogut - Lv.20 - Thunder Punch, Confusion, Fire Punch, Ice Punch - Route 34 - Quilava

Failed to catch Pokemon in: Route 29, 30, 31, 36, Dark Cave, Ruins Of Alph, Union Cave

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Another day, another post.

Saved Bill after beating a few trainers.
    Beat more trainers trying to get to Vermillion City. I thought there was a guy that had a Squirtle, but apparently that was just in Red and Blue, he has a Weepinbell now, and that Poisoned SOCKET. I was so far away from Cerulean City, when I got to the Pokemon Center, I looked like this.
    After saving my best friend, I went back to business.
    Made it to the SS Anne
    Realized how much SOCKET blows after he almost fainted on 3 straight trainer battles.
    Grinded above Vermilion City til I learned Thunderbolt. SOCKET is now a pimp. He one hit LOZER, save Sandshrew who took 2 Mega Punches.
    Trained Blaze til he evolved West of Cerulean
    Beat Surge's gym with Blaze's Dig. Had to heal a couple of times.
    Surge was easy. 1st turn he uses x speed, I dig. He misses with something, I come up. He uses Mega Punch and I have low yellow health and I repeat to 2 hit him.
    Got Squirtle (RIPTIDE). Taught it Bubblebeam. In Diglett's Cave, I evolved Squirtle real fast. Although, it took Squirtle, Butterfree, Pikachu, and Charmeleon combined to take out a Dugtrio. Butterfree probably could have done it on its own, but I didn't want it dying.
    Went through Rock Tunnel without a hitch.
    Beat LOZER really fast in the Lavender Tower. Also named Butterfree "FLUTTER"
    Went to the Celadon Gym to train BLAZE some.
    Almost lost FLUTTER to Poison (after Blaze was already poisoned).
    Beat Erika. BLAZE is getting really strong.
    Beat the Rocket Game Corner, with Blaze evolving to Charizard at Team Rocket.
    Called it a day.

Years
    Ok, after some massive level grinding of my few remaining Pokemon, I tried to advance further towards Olivine City so I can finally get the Good Rod and fill up my rows again. It didn't work out really well. First, my Skiploom, on which almost all my hopes were lying, died against a goddamn Mr.Mime, and then I lost Eevee to a Slowpoke, and Pidgeotto only got out of the battle with a red HP bar. Looks like I didn't grind enough... What else is left? Not much. All my 3 (I caught a Spearow on a Headbutt Tree near Mt.Mortar during a foolish attempt to get Heracross) current Pokemon's final forms are Normal/Flying, and I have no reserves on the box left. Therefore, my dead box is probably going to be full soon. Not a very pleasant situation, but when I finally manage to get to Olivine, things will definetely get better again.

Current team:
    :t175:m Stikimtas - Lv.10 - Growl, Charm, Metronome - Violet City

:t017:f Tanishi - Lv.22 - Tackle, Mud Slap, Gust, Quick Attack - National Park
    :t021:f Mosisso - Lv.10 - Peck, Growl, Leer - Route 42

:t030:f Cerace - Lv.16 - Growl, Tackle, Scratch, Double Kick - Route 35 - Raichu
    :t016:f Clotskull - Lv.16 - Tackle - Sand Attack - Gust - Quick Attack - Route 37 - Growlithe
    :t041:m Boggrumble - Lv.16 - Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite - Mount Mortar - Pidgey
    :t019:f Leec - Lv.18 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang - Route 38 - Umbreon
    :t153:f Uskwach - Lv.21 - Cut, Growl, Razor Leaf, Poison Powder - New Bark Town - Quilava
    :t074:f Ackiatia - Lv.22 - Tackle, Defense Curl, Rock Throw, Magnitude - Route 46
    - Quilava
    :t096:f Redogut - Lv.20 - Thunder Punch, Confusion, Fire Punch, Ice Punch - Route 34 - Quilava
    :t188:m Iloxec - Lv.20 - Poisonpowder, Synthesis, Sleep Powder, Headbutt - Route 33 - Mr Mime
    :t133:m Chtishshul - Lv.21 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Swift - Goldenrod City - Slowpoke

Failed to catch Pokemon in: Route 29, 30, 31, 36, Dark Cave, Ruins Of Alph, Union Cave

It's Pidgeotto overleveling time, I guess... Because I would like to save Spearow for later, just in case... And Togepi isn't good at all anyways.

Next Update: This time nothing went really wrong. I leveled Pidgeotto a bit, and then headed to Olivine, and made it through. On the remaining one of the two routes on the way there, I met... another Rattata. Well, that's better then nothing, and up to now it has been doing great. I leveled my Rattata a bit and evolved it, and then fished everywhere I could. The results are great: 2 Magikarps, a Chinchou and a Poliwag. I decided to take one Magikarp and the Chinchou for my team and leave the others (including Togepi and Spearow) on the box. What I am still lacking since Bayleef's death is something that can Cut, I hope Tentacool can learn that move...

Things are looking far more secure than on my last update, but I'm not going to think again I'm safe, the more awesome ones of my earlier teams also died pretty fast when their time had come...

Current team:
    :t017:f Tanishi - Lv.29 - Tackle, Mud Slap, Gust, Quick Attack - National Park
    :t020:f Wilumai - Lv.21 - Dig, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang - Route 39
    :t170:f Echrily - Lv.20 - Thunder Wave, Supersonic, Flail, Surf - Olivine City
    :t129:f Nalotia - Lv.20 - Splash, Tackle - Route 40

Box:
    :t060:m Heangche - Lv.20 - Bubble, Hypnosis, Water Gun, Doubleslap - Ecruteak City
    :t129:m Strybelm - Lv.20 - Splash, Tackle - Cherrygrove Town

- Quilava
    :t188:m Iloxec - Lv.20 - Poisonpowder, Synthesis, Sleep Powder, Headbutt - Route 33 - Mr Mime
    :t133:m Chtishshul - Lv.21 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Swift - Goldenrod City - Slowpoke

Last edited:

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
    Years
    Wow, I didn't expect this to get going so fast. I'll update when I get back from some errands. :)

Ok back. Mondays, what game are you running on? I couldn't figure it out via your posts. D:

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Can I do Crystal? I'll update shortly.
    Beat Falkner.

Pokemon:
    Totodile- Lvl 16
    Zubat-Lvl 4

Game-Over... I pushed my luck...

Last edited:
    Years
    hmm... seems very interesting... this may be a stupid question, but can you recover health? and also, if you run into a shiny, can you still catch it, even if you cant use it?

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    There are a few other optional rules you could add:

If you fail to catch the first Pokemon, you must /run/ from every battle. You may not fight.

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
    Years
    hmm... seems very interesting... this may be a stupid question, but can you recover health? and also, if you run into a shiny, can you still catch it, even if you cant use it?

If you mean by absorb, leech seed, or even softboilded outside of battle, then yeah. You're only unable to use healing items outside of battle. If you're really devoted to the challenge (or if you're like me and can get shiny pokes via RNG whenever) then you can. I wouldn't scold people for wanting to keep a shiny they found during the challenge.

I'll be adding in the other rules people have been suggesting later this week.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Next Update!

After selling unneeded items, I cleaned Team Rocket out of the Pokemon Tower and got the Pokeflute. I sold more stuff and headed on to Silph.
    Headed to the 10th floor to get me an Earthquake TM, which I taught to Comet
    Proceeded to beat Silph Co. and LOZER. I have to admit, LOZER was actually challenging, and all of my pokemon were under half health after that battle. Favorite new strategy: Freeze with Ice Beam, use Withdrawl x6, use Double Team x6. Untouchable.
    Cleared the Snorlax off of Cycling Road, proceeded to beat the trainers at the top of the hill. RIPTIDE evolved into Blastoise after the second one. Yay, my final team is fully evolved!!!
    Pikachu got poisoned in a battle, but I had Fly, so I could save him.
    Beat all the Trainers in Koga's Gym, went back and Beat the Fighting Dojo to get FLUTTER more exp.
    Beat Koga's 3 Venonat with FLUTTER and Venomoth with BLAZE, although he was hit by Toxic. I easily healed it off.
    Did Safari Zone stuff. Taught RIPTIDE Surf and Strength.
    Double Teamed up on Sabrina and Strength'd my way through. Her Abra was a pain in the butt because all it did was use Flash. So neither of us could hit.
    Because I am super lazy, I used an Escape Rope to get out of the Gym. To Blaine I go!
    Surfed from Pallet to Cinnibar. SOCKET got lots of experience.
    Temporarily skipped the Island, surfed to Seafoam Islands, getting SOCKET more experience. He is now my highest leveled pokemon.
    Did the Pokemon Mansion thing, not battling many trainers, but getting SOCKET a little more experience before I challenged the Gym. After this, I wouldn't be getting him much experience, with a ground gym next.
    In the Gym, missed all the questions. Darn. And I thought Electric was strong against Ground. Anyways, COMET got some nice exp.
    Fought Blaine. Comet killed the first two Pokemon, but on Arcanine, he took a Take Down which brought him under half health. I switched to RIPTIDE who finished the job for me.
    Flew to Viridian
    Swept the Gym with RIPTIDE and FLUTTER (for the Blackbelts). Giovanni was a piece of cake. All his Pokemon fainted in either one or two hits, and Nidoking (one of the ones that took 2 hits) got a Guard Spec. to waste his first turn. Surf for the win.
    Beat LOZER again.
    Grindgrindgrind for elite four.

Team:

SOCKET the level 44 Pikachu w/ Thunderbolt, Mega Punch, Double Team, Thunderwave
    FLUTTER the level 38 Butterfree w/ Psychic, Sleep Powder, Supersonic, Stun Spore
    BLAZE the level 42 Charizard w/ Slash, Cut, Fly, Ember (to be replaced w/ Flamethrower)
    COMET the level 43 Nidoking w/ Earthquake, Rock Slide, Body Slam, Double Kick
    RIPTIDE the level 44 Blastoise w/ Surf, Ice Beam, Strength, Double Team

Current location: Victory Road, training for the Elite Four
    Badges: 8

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    After thinking, I've decided to join this challenge. It seems pretty interesting and challenging. Oh and I'll be using Crystal.

Years
    Continued a bit. Things are working quite well currently.
    First, I got my team up to a decent level, then I finally got revenge on my rival who had killed my entire team earlier on. I knew he would lead with Haunter, so I led with Wilumai the Raticate. Dig failed to finish Haunter off and Raticate got cursed, but I left it in so it could take care of Magnemite. Next was Zubat. I didn't want to risk Raticate's life by leaving it in while cursed, so I decided to switch to my bulkiest Pokemon, Nalotia the Gyarados. Zubat's bite did some unmentionable damage, but Strength OHKOd. Then, only Quilava was left. That goddamn Quilava that had ruined everything the last time. This time, it died a painful death by Gyarados's Strength.
    After 3 more levels of grinding (I didn't really feel safe), I finally challenged the gym. The trainers all were easy, and so was Morty. Raticate sweeped through his team like a knife cuts through butter, the only thing that survived a hit was the Gengar which used Hypnosis and missed. If it wouldn't have missed, I would have had a problem, but it did miss, so I won without losing a Pokemon. Finally the whole Ecruteak
    disaster where I lost so many Pokemon is over now. Next time: The lighthouse and Cyanwood. Pidgeotto and Gyarados will have the most fun here. And I'll hopefully catch a Tentacool somewhere. By the way, in burnt tower I met a level 14 Rattata which Gyarados sadly OHKOd with Tackle. But since I don't plan losing Wilumai, that probably doesn't matter.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Update: Beat Chuck and Jasmine. I almost lost Tanishi and Nalotia on the Sea because of some Poison, but I managed to save both of them. In Cyanwood, I got myself a Shuckle and then took on Chuck's Gym. Tanishi had some fun here. Then, it was Jasmine time. Echrily defeated the first Magnemite easily, but got paralyzed by a T-Bolt from the second one. I didn't want to risk its life, so I sent out Wilumai instead who took another T-Bolt and then KO'd with Dig. For Steelix, I went to Nalotia, whom I had taught Surf in the meantime because of its lack of good physical moves. Steelix lost, but in the end it was pretty close. If my last Surf wouldn't have killed it, I would have lost Nalotia, but thankfully that didn't happen.
    I am not going to post my team again, otherwise this post will get too big. It didn't change much anyways except that all are in the low 30s now. Shuckle is boxed, I am not going to use it before I get Toxic except if I have to.
    Oh, and I didn't catch a Pokemon on Route 41 because I kinda didn't realize I was already on Route 41. So I unfortunately killed the Tentacruel for Exp.

Update: Did all the Mahagony stuff. That included getting no Pokemon on Route 43, a Magikarp at Lake Of Rage and a Koffing in Mahagony itself, beating the Red Gyarados (Lanturn FTW), Team Rocket (easy) and Pryce. Against Pryce's gym, I had two extremely close situations. Once, against his last trainer, my Koffing (which I decided to include in my team, can't go wrong with Poison types in this challenge) only had 1 HP left at some point. I switched of course. Then, against Pryce himself, it managed to beat the Seel and Dewgong in a long fight (I hate Rest), and then had 9 HP left. I wanted to switched out, but I was locked into Rollout. And Piloswine outspeeded my Koffing. I was already reading the message "Piloswine used Blizzard" and about to scream "FFFFUUUUU(etc)", but it missed and Rollout OHKOd. Wheeew...

Current team:

:t017:f Tanishi - Lv.35 - Tackle, Mud Slap, Wing Attack, Quick Attack - National Park
    :t020:f Wilumai - Lv.34 - Dig, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang - Route 39
    :t171:f Echrily - Lv.34 - Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Spark, Surf - Olivine City
    :t130:f Nalotia - Lv.33 - Surf, Tackle, Strength, Dragon Rage - Route 40
    :t109:f Iskirra - Lv.33 - Sludge Bomb, Smokescreen, Rollout, Sludge - Mahagony Town

Box:
    :t060:m Heangche - Lv.20 - Bubble, Hypnosis, Water Gun, Doubleslap - Ecruteak City
    :t213:f Shuckie - Lv.15 - Constrict, Withdraw, Wrap, Encore - Olivine City
    :t129:f Nyolia - Lv.20 - Splash, Tackle - Lake Of Rage

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Failed to catch Pokemon in: Route 29, 30, 31, 36, 41, 43, Dark Cave, Ruins Of Alph, Union Cave, Burnt Tower

Last edited:
    Years
    Mini-Update which I'll expand later on:
    I managed to evolve Tanishi and Iskirra, catch a Weepinbell named Threil and another Zubat, and arrived at Blackthorn city. I the grass, I went looking for Pokemon, leading with Threil, prepared to put anything that comes to sleep so I can catch it. Well, Sleep Powder didn't quite work and the Graveler I was facing of course decided to use Selfdestruct, which worked. Damn, with some grinding that Weepinbell would have become awesome (even though it only knew Wrap as an attacking move by the time I catched it)... So instead of catching a good Pokemon (considering my current team, Graveler would be a great addition), I don't only fail to catch it, but also lose one of my own for nothing. And I thought I was out of any crisis when I beat Morty...
    Now I'm still i doubt who will be my last team member... Shuckle? Or should I wait for something else?

More Update: Ok, I finished off Team Rocket now for the last time. There were some pretty close situations, but I never lost a Pokemon. Iskirra beat the entire dreaded 6-Koffing-team on its own and still had a lot of health left, Echrily destroyed the Houndoom guy. Wilumai and Nalotia both survived a poisoning and Wilumai, even though it's my frailest Pokemon even survived a Selfdestruct from a Koffing it failed to OHKO before.
    I already beat Clair's gym trainers, but I'm afraid I can't take her on yet. The T-Bolt Dragonair (because I'm pretty weak to that type) and the Kingdra (just because it's so powerful) would destroy me. And, even if not, I would certainly lose a lot of Pokemon. So: GRINDAN.

Current team:

:t018:f Tanishi - Lv.37 - Tackle, Mud Slap, Wing Attack, Quick Attack - National Park
    :t020:f Wilumai - Lv.37 - Dig, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang - Route 39
    :t171:f Echrily - Lv.37 - Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, Spark, Surf - Olivine City
    :t130:f Nalotia - Lv.37 - Surf, Twister, Strength, Dragon Rage - Route 40
    :t110:f Iskirra - Lv.37 - Sludge Bomb, Smokescreen, Rollout, Sludge - Mahagony Town

Box:
    :t213:f Shuckie - Lv.15 - Constrict, Withdraw, Wrap, Encore - Olivine City
    :t129:f Nyolia - Lv.20 - Splash, Tackle - Lake Of Rage
    :t041:f Aruchisuri - Lv.22 - Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite, Confuse Ray - Ice Path

Spoiler:

Failed to catch Pokemon in: Route 29, 30, 31, 36, 41, 43, 45, Dark Cave, Ruins Of Alph, Union Cave, Burnt Tower

Bad news: While grinding Echrily the Lanturn, my best Pokemon, in Dark Cave, the following happened:
    [R/B/Y/G/S/C] The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Apparently I didn't pay enough attention and it Destiny Bonded me...
    This loss certainly hurts me most of all the losses my team had to suffer up to now. What's even worse is that I could have easily prevented it by not entering that stupid Dark Cave. Well, at least I learned a lesson, I guess....

More news: Apparently I kinda did not save when I closed vba within all the anger, so I am back at exactly the point where I posted my last update, where all my team was in level 37. So, the obvious question is: what now?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I'll do this challenge on Yellow, all 3 starters would be great here.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'm going to do this challenge with a failed translation of Pokemon GREEN (I could just beat the game in 5 minutes, but...) and I hope everything will go good.

Heh, I noticed that the battle says "XXXXXy XXXXX move!" and I used Charmander as a joke. Now it said "DUCHEy NAIL move!" TMMD.

Anyway, I'm taking it serious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back