• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl?

What will you do with D/P?

• I'll use D/P to only train and send Pokemon to Platinum

Votes: 59 59.6%
  • I'll play D/P most likely

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • I'm not even getting Platinum, so I'm still playing D/P

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    actually, Im gonna get pokemon eggs from my diamond game, send them over to platinium and egg hatch them there and then have the fun of ev training them....but thats about it what Im gonna do with it....its useful in a way : D

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    What on Earth are you talking about? So what if a newer game comes along with a few new features? The old games are just as playable now as they always were. I'm going to keep on playing my D/P just like I keep on playing my GenIII games. They'll probably fit into these roles:

Diamond: Chaining, SRing shinies
    Pearl: Pokédex → GTS patrolling, EVing and breeding → wi-fi trading
    Platinum: VS Recorder → Wi-fi battling

Of course, I have to finish playing through Diamond and Platinum first, and actually raise a competitive team, finally.

I must say you are a true Pokemon lover. I'm decided I'm going to do the exact same thing.

2A4Rulez

Kurotsuchi FTW
    Years
    My bro always gets the first 1 (Gold, Sapphire, Pearl) and i get (Silver, Ruby, Diamond) but my stupid brother lost my Pokemon Diamond. He always gets the 3rd game, but since he lost my diamond he said I could get Platinum.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    My bro always gets the first 1 (Gold, Sapphire, Pearl) and i get (Silver, Ruby, Diamond) but my stupid brother lost my Pokemon Diamond. He always gets the 3rd game, but since he lost my diamond he said I could get Platinum.

Thats a nice deal. You should start making him lose your things more often so you can get whatever you want.

SkittyLover77

No, not the face!
    Years
    I hate to say it, but I'm probably gonna spend most of my time on Plat. =/ I'll train my Pokemon on Plat by restarting Pearl and sending Pokemon over as the time goes by so they will gain levels.

It was fun, though, playing my 250+ hours of Pearl. I'll shure miss it. ;-;

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    I probably won't use my Diamond at all. I only plan on battling certain people who only use Diamond.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    I never owned diamond or pearl though I did play a friend's diamond for a bit was pretty okay but it definitely wasn't as good as platinum

platinum just has a different feel to it and more to do as well

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    i dont have diamond nor pearl.. but yeah, i know how's the feeling of missing your pokemon from your sapphire game..

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    I haven't got the money to be buying more than one version of the game! I'm keeping my Pearl, and would only get Platinum if I went to the UK, because it's half the price over there!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Yep, I'm one of them XD Finished getting my EV'ed, shinys, and events over, then SHABAM! Restart XD

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    It's fun to play platinum with the wickedly improved
    graphics and features and all (and vivid colours)

But once you take a step back, and return to
    the game that made us fall in love with 4th Gen,
    you realize the differences, and they stab you like a
    knife. A sharp one. many knives.

Anyway, everything seems so different compared to Platinum.
    The heroes have nicer colours (well, the male does).
    The in-battle sprites like the highlighted colours for the
    boxes that surround the attack name are more crystal themed
    and seem glass-like. In platinum, the colours in-battle
    are so vivid and Super Mario World themed (which isn't a bad thing!)

It's just fun to go back and take a break from the new.
    It's like digging through the past.

Anyway, to answer the question..
    I'll most likely abandon Diamond as
    the Wi-Fi capabilities are low... Plat. just has
    more things to do. I might use Diamond occasionally
    to outline and structure some online teams
    (and then actually make them on platinum)
    but that's probably the most I'll use it for.
    I don't have 2 DS's so I can't even trade diamond
    event pokemon to myself in platinum. -slit-

Years
    I'm not totally abandoning Diamond just cause if Platinum. Of course I'll be playing Platinum more than Diamond, but I still plan on playing it every once in a while.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    I like to play both at the same time xD I am one of those who likes to reset and play again, so if I have two of the same game that's excellent, I don't have to delete my Platinum file, or the other way around. I do like Plt. better because of the increase of pokemon available <3 that was a real issue in diamond and pearl for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back