• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl?

What will you do with D/P?

• I'll use D/P to only train and send Pokemon to Platinum

Votes: 59 59.6%
  • I'll play D/P most likely

Votes: 24 24.2%
  • I'm not even getting Platinum, so I'm still playing D/P

Votes: 16 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunyshore

=^-^=
    Years
    I don't have Platinum yet, so my only choice is to play my dear Diamond. But even if I already had Platinum, I think I'd use it to normal playing and keep Diamond as the main game.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    My Pearl is currently my breeding center and its training my weaker Pokemon.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    That idea is pretty good, though I'd probably just breed them and trade them over to train for the bonus experience :3

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, yes and no. XD

I am still breeding and training my Pokemon in Diamond, but I am slowly trading a few over to Platinum every few days. And all of my WiFi battles will be held on my Platinum game now. ^_^

Years
    I'll be switching over to Platinum too, once I get it.

As for Diamond, I do feel bad. It does have about 277 or so caught Pokemon on it. I'll probably only transfer the hard to get Pokemon in Platinum, that's easier to obtain in Diamond, if there are any. And of course, all Legendaries will switch over too (so that I can have 2 copies of each legendary). The 12 starters I've collected will also go over to platinum, leaving a copy of each behind. I'll probably use it for breeding starters.

Only reason I'm switching to Platinum is because there's a lot more to do on it: Battle Frontier, new Wifi features, Wifi Nintendo events, new Pokemon forms (and in fact, I think all different pokemon that have different forms can be obtained in Platinum: Deoxys can be changed in Veilstone, Rotom with the secret key, Shaymin, Giratina, etc).

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    That idea is pretty good, though I'd probably just breed them and trade them over to train for the bonus experience :3

I'm keeping one strong one (like lvl 83) in Pearl and giving a Pokemon an exp. share and training them that way.

Years
    pokemon platinum

ever since i got pokemon platinum on the 1st day it came out in the us on march 22nd ive been real happy but i didnt wanna make my diamond useless so istill play that some to but i love platinum

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Yeah, I got the English Platinum like a week or so ago. It's worth it, although I've been constantly distracted by msn convos to concentrate on Platinum. But I do love it, and I seriously can't wait till I can build a competitive team, my first one! Cause now I havee Wi-Fi, and it's so much fun ;D I checked out the Wi-Fi Plaza today; I thought it was so cute and pretty fun, definitely something to be proud of, GameFreaks. c:

Eh, I might come back and play Diamond once and a while, but I know I won't be progressing along the story for a long time. I'll be too busy doing stuff on Platinum. So, I guess you could say, R.I.P., Diamond; only for a while though!

squirtle90

Guardian Of The Normal Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    i will still play my pearl its just i have every legendray from every old game and all the new legendrays so i will send the legendrays (especialy shaymin) to platinum but ive goty a team i like on pearl and i like creating my own adventures on it

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yes Platinum has better upgrades than Pokemon Pearl/Diamond, but DP will be needed. :)

In Pokemon Platinum you cannot catch Stunky, Glameow or Misdreavus. If you want to complete your national pokedex in Pokemon Platinum, your going to need Pokemon DP if you don't have wifi. xD

So I still have Pokemon Pearl in use for me.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    When I finally get my mitts on Platinum, I will guiltily use Platinum as my main game, and as soon as I finish the main storyline I'll be trading my Diamond pokémon across. I'll then use my Diamond for mono-type challenges, EV training and the such like, though I'm not convinced I'll ever get rid of the game file that's on there. I've put too much love into it, and time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    Platinum isn't out here yet, but when I get it I plan to use Pearl to send over some bred pokemon at level 1.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    I dont think im even going to buy Platinum. I got Diamond from this kid for like 10 bucks, so im just gonna play that to completion. I personally like Crystal and RSE better than the new games.

I do long to battle people over wifi though:(..

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2009
    I think it'll be mah Reset Game.use it for Trading Platinum pokemon.i'll get Ranch for the storage.I dont think i'll get 999 Pokemon :P So ranch should fit my pokemon in.
    Like,it'll be boring if no battles.so i will keep reseting Pearl to train up .
    Jordan's PokePet
    R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl?
    R.I.P. Diamond and Pearl?

Sid the level 70 Charizard!

The Red Chain

Considering how much better Platinum is then DP.. yeah, R.I.P.
    Diamond and Pearl, honestly, didn't have much to offer to start with..
    Beating the game was a piece of cake, and I got bored with it far too quickly.. I couldn't even urge myself to do Battle Tower.
    In Platinum they made all gyms, and the Elite Four slightly more difficult. Stupid Dark/Electric/Fire/Ice Luxray of Volkners..

By difficult I mean the levels are all higher then before. The graphics are better, it takes more time to beat the game [Considering you didn't trade your DP team to Plat], and the almighty Battle Frontier.

Sorry DP, but you have been outmatched.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back