• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

/r/pcmasterrace

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
  • Basically what I have now:
    brB3O.jpg

Core temp is wrong of course lol.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Like New Eden said, my current desktop is the best I've ever had. I built it two years ago, and I still love and adore it. c:

CPU is an Intel i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz.
    I believe it could go up to 3.9, but that seemed like a bit much.

Video card is an Nvidia GTX 670, 4GB of vram.

16 GB of RAM. It's G.Skill Ripjaws series, in red because aesthetics.
    (Case is red and black, and my motherboard, an ASUS Sabertooth Z77, is black. RAM definitely needed to be red.)

Roughly 4.25 TB of space. Totally not overkill at all.
    That breaks down into:
    256 GB SSD - a Samsung, 830 series, I believe.
    1TB HDD - WD Blue
    3TB HDD - WD Green

To be entirely fair, the 3TB was a more recent splurge purchase because it was on sale for the same price as the 1 and 2TB drives were. I couldn't help myself.

And I stuffed all of these things in the beautiful Cooler Master Haf-X full tower. I'm sure I could have gotten away with a smaller one, but sshh, I liked the full tower. No regrets there. For being a ginormous steel case, it's so quiet that I forget it's running sometimes, haha.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • What I Have Now.

Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4940MX processor (Quad Core, 8MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz)
    32GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
    1TB SSD Quad Play RAID 0 (4x256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s)
    Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M graphics with 16GB total (2x 8GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • My laptop I have now.

Intel i7-3740QM @ 2.70 GHz
    8 gbs of ram
    Nvidia GTX 660M
    750 gb hard drive

I'm probably going to upgrade here soon. I can still run most games on the highest settings, but it's starting to push it. I'll probably build my own desktop instead of buying another laptop because I'd rather drop 2k on a computer and have it last 5 years instead of dropping 2k and having it last 2 years.

Flakey Bear

Just watch it.
    Years
  • Currently:

AMD A10-5800K @ 3.80 GHz
    8 GB single-channel RAM (laugh out loud I was on a very small budget) It's a Kingston HyperX blu, however i'm going to update in in Christmas.
    500 GB + 120 GB hard drives = 620GB

Later I'm going to upgrade my PC so I will get a better RAM, one more hard drive for media, and an SSD. Yes you know I love gaming.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Echoing the "my best computer is the one I have now" because my current computer is the best one I have now.

I thought my previous laptop, a Toshiba, was the best one, because it had more GB of ram than my old desktop. But my current desktop beats them all out of the water, despite being an HP. I'm planning on owning a laptop with an i3 processor, and I'm not sure if that laptop will be better than this desktop...but in terms of gaming I still think this desktop will beat it.

could have sworn this was a thread about reddit lmao

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    The desktop I built last year and still use daily.

Intel Core i5-3570 @ 3.40Ghz
    16 GB DDR3 RAM
    GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB VRAM
    120GB SSD for OS X 10.8 boot
    128 GB SSD for Windows 7 boot
    1TB HDD partitioned in two 500GB halves acting as storage memory for either operating system.

Dual boot systems are friggen too sweet. And my physical setup is hilariously all over the place. Random no-name computer case, 16:9 Asus monitor as primary, random old school 4:3 monitor as secondary, Apple wired keyboard and Razer DeathAdder gaming mouse. It's such a quirky computer, I love it.

Back