• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Rainbow (Kesha)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • Kesha_-_Rainbow_%28Official_Album_Cover%29.png

Surprised there wasn't a thread on this earlier - a few days ago Kesha released her third album, Rainbow.

To me it's an empowering comeback album in which Kesha makes the music she wants to make (and turns out Kesha likes a bit of country twang). Standout tracks for me are Rainbow, Hymn, Godzilla and Old Flames with Dolly Parton. Definitely a solid album, very proud of her.

Your thoughts?

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I really don't like it, I find her voice very loud and obnoxious and it's annoying to try and listen to, but it's probably just a personal taste as I can't stand most modern pop music and I really only like 90s alt rock/grunge
    So yeah my final verdict is that it just isn't for me

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    It's free to listen with Prime, so I'll give it a full listen soon and post my thoughts.

Years
  • I really like it. It's a new direction for her and you can feel the catharsis on so many of the songs. Favourites are definitely Praying and Rainbow but there's a couple of cool bops on there too.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • ^ yesss agreed with your comment about feeling the catharsis on the songs.

Also was on Facebook and saw Dolly Parton mentioned that Kesha's mum wrote 'Old Flames' back in the day?! So super cool to see Kesha and Dolly Parton singing it together on the album.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i haven't had a chance to listen to the full album, but i've enjoyed every song that came out on spotify leading up to the release. i did a drag routine to woman the other night so lol. but i expect to really enjoy the album in its entirety. i've loved kesha for a long time and it's good to see her doing something SHE really enjoys and getting to actually show of her vocals.

Bay

Years
  • Boots, Woman, Learn to Let Go, and Rainbow are the standouts for me. I'm probably the odd one in that I like Praying, but I prefer the others.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Rainbow (song) is one of my favorite tracks of the year, overall this is an extremely solid release and I'm very glad Kesha has made her return to music.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7941038/kesha-artist-100-rainbow-album

Kesha leaps from No. 19 to No. 1 on the Billboard Artist 100 chart (dated Sept. 2) to become the top musical act in the U.S. for the first time.

The Artist 100, which launched in July 2014, measures artist activity across key metrics of music consumption, blending album and track sales, radio airplay, streaming and social media fan interaction to provide a weekly multi-dimensional ranking of artist popularity.

Kesha's jump is powered by her third studio album Rainbow, which arrives at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with 117,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Aug. 17, according to Nielsen Music. Album sales contribute the majority of her Artist 100 chart points (80 percent), followed by digital song sales (8 percent). Concurrently, the album's lead single "Praying" hits a new peak (No. 22) on the Billboard Hot 100.

Sosososo proud that she's having heaps of success with this album as well! So happy for her.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • finally had a chance to listen to the whole album and it will probably make my top ten for the year. as i said before, i enjoyed everything that came out before the full album (praying, learn to let go, woman, hymn) and other highlights for me include boots, hunt you down, and godzilla. the duet with dolly parton is not my cup of tea i want to listen to everyday, but i appreciate a great collab between wonderful women and i think that's one of my favorites for the year as far as collaborations go.

Last edited:
    Back