• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Years
  • This anime is about a world where humans with supernatural powers known as Blazers can materialize a Device, weapons made through a person's soul. Ikki Kurogane, dubbed the Failure Knight by everyone around him, encounters a half-naked girl, Stella Vermillion, as she changes in his room. This encounter changes Ikki's life as he strives to become a real Mage Knight by reaching the peak of the Seven Star Sword Art Festival, an annual event held by the seven Mage Knight Academies in Japan to determine the strongest Apprentice Knight between the schools. The winner of the festival becomes known as the Seven Stars Sword King. The Seven Star Sword Art Festival features actual combat and the possibility of competitors dying exists. I've found this anime to be definitely in my top 3 and maybe even taking the #1 spot! I would recommend this to anyone and it is even emotionally wrecking when you get close to the end, or it might be just in my case where I cried. I was wondering if anyone else has watched this? Definitely worth a try if you haven't! :)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Ohhh... The Heroic Tales of the Failure Knight (whatever the official English name is), what a nice show.

As a funny fact, it started airing during the same season that Gakusen Toshi Asterisk. Both were shows had a very similar start: academy, princess love interest, fire magic user, OP main character. However Cavalry turned into an actually interesting show, while the other was basically a horrible never-ending sickness.

What I liked about the anime was that the story was stupidly cliché (and most of the cast was, being honest) but it still had a certain shounen/tournament arc spark that made it worth it. Also, I loved that even when based on light novels, it has a conclusive ending, which is very hard to find nowadays with light novel adaptations into anime.

Favorite fight:
    Spoiler:

Side note: Stella is waifu material.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • My AOTS.

As Ken mentioned, definitely interesting thing was to put it in the same cour as Asterisk.
    But Rakudai won me over. In my case, not because it was similar to Asterisk, but Onii-sama =D

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Love this show, was my top 3 anime of fall 2015, did not disappoint. Am I the only one who thought that it was fate Gakusen and Rakudai aired at the same time/day? Gakusen sucked, Rakudai was worth it. I'm still happy about:

Spoiler:

I miss this anime already.

Years
  • I do agree Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry was better than Gakusen Toshi no Asterisk, but you have to admit they were both pretty good animes. Rakudai had a better story in my opinion and it just fit together and actually one event led to another. Will always be in my top 3 favorite animes!

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    Asterisk was glittery and all, but Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry had much better writing.
    Kudos to them for taking the dangerous route and making a choice.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Asterisk was glittery and all, but Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry had much better writing.
    Kudos to them for taking the dangerous route and making a choice.
    Well, in Rakudai it's pretty much driving force, plus there aren't many other prospects if we exclude Shizu, so it made sense.
    And Asterisk has a game where you can choose for yourself so... both could afford it =D

Back