• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rarest Pokemon

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Synchronize said:
    I'd rather not screw up my game cartridge thank you.

It won't screw up your cartridge unless you use a code that isn't real or was made to do that.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    DeliciousFatKid said:
    unowns are more common than rats in a NY subway. Tauros are a real special to catch but did we forget about Scyther and Pinsir?
    I totally agree with you with that and I live in New York by the way. But Scyther is really rare but you can buy one in Celedon city. Well thats what most people do is buy ether a Pinsir or a Scyther.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
    Scyther/Pinsir.

Chansey is fairly rare in the Safari Zone but i've seen it several times and caught it once (didn't try the other times). Tauros is also very rare, but i've seen it more than once. I've only seen Pinsir once...

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    Pinser is not in fire red, sythers are not in leaf green, the rarest is in my opinion is larvitar on seven island. i haven't even seen him in my leafgreen, and i only know of him because i have the magizine for leafgreen and fire red.

Whitewash

Tastes Like Paint
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2008
    Tauros actually wasn't hard for me to catch. I caught it in one turn. As for Pinsir, Chansey, and Kangaskhan? I haven't caught any of those yet. ;_;

What about Dragonair? Actually, I have caught a Dragonair. I was fishing for Dratinis, lost about what, ten Safari Balls to them? And then caught a Dragonair with one Safari Ball. -_-; Oh, the irony...

Larvitars are hard to catch, but it's not impossible to find them. I have one, but they're hard to train.

And about the Unowns... Ughhh... Searching for the one you're looking for is almost IMPOSSIBLE.

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    tauros and chansey...i have a kangaskhan...if you could use mean look or weaken them it would be easy but their still rare. Also hard is clefairy with moon stone. I was in mt moon for 4 hours and all i could find was paras, geodude and loads and loads of zubats. then when i finally found one and used snorlax's covet to take its item, nothing was there...

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    but did we forget about Scyther and Pinsir?

yes, it's true that they're hard to catch in the safari zone, but we're forgetting that they can be caught as game corner prizes.

Ati

Staff User
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    Hmm not any legendary than .... oh well Tauros for me:)

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Well, the rarest pokemon, I'd say, would be Chansey, Pinsr and Syther.
    I own LG and I ask my friends (who have FR) if they could get me a Syther. No luck! I think people who try to get Pinsr/Syther at the Game Corner, aren't bothered to catch one themselves. I prefer the fun of catching a pokemon and raising it myself (unless of course it's for Porygon).

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    Kangaskahn or that bull thing [forgot what it's called] I always find them the most difficult to find, and catch, due the restrictions at the safari zone.

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
    Years
    For me, finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest is very rare. I just started up a brand new Fire Red and wanted a Pikachu..I literally searched for over an hour and 30 minutes and FINALLY came across one. Wow, was I one happy person.

Other then that, Magmar has been a pain for me to find.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Green Bulbasaur said:
    For me, finding a Pikachu in Viridian Forest is very rare. I just started up a brand new Fire Red and wanted a Pikachu..I literally searched for over an hour and 30 minutes and FINALLY came across one. Wow, was I one happy person.

I found that on Red, but on Leaf Green I found 3 Pikachu's in a row in about 10 minutes of searching. I guess that was just a lot of luck.

Back