• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My OU Team!

Golden blissey

Paranormal Zaktivity
Years
  • Hey guys,
    It's been awhile since I have been on online. It's kind of hard to find spare time between all my homework, but Pokémon is always on my mind. I have finally found a spare hour to post this and get some feedback, so any feedback or adjustments is good!!!!
    Please RMT!!!

(I need help deciding a good lead. I used to like explosion leads, but every since Explosion got nerfed, i went off them. )
    Current Lead-
    Claydol @ leftovers
    Levitate
    Relaxed Nature
    252 hp 252 def 4 sp def
    Rapid spin
    Stealth rock
    Earth power
    Psyshock
    My SR and spinner. He's my lead at the moment, but can be subject to change. Physically Bulky, Earth power and psyshock for STAB.

Skarmory@ leftovers
    Sturdy
    Impish nature
    252 hp 252 def 4 spd
    brave bird
    whirlwind
    roost
    spikes
    Spikes man, and main physical wall. Goes well with my beloved Blissey. Sets up spikes and phases sh*t.

Blissey @ leftovers
    Natural cure
    Bold nature
    252 hp 252 def 4 sp def -or- 4 hp 252 def 252 sp def (Help me decide, please)
    Flamethrower
    Toxic
    Heal bell
    Softboiled
    My favourite Pokémon. Special wall, goes well with skarmory and my team's cleric. I prefer blissey over chansey, due to lefties and residual damage. Still ev training, so i can't decide between max physical def, or mixed defences!?!

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Water absorb
    Calm Nature
    252 hp 4 def 252 sp def
    Will o wisp
    surf
    taunt
    recover
    My second, back up special wall. Will o wisp helps its physical side. Also is my only taunter!?!

Hydregion @ choice scarf
    Levitate
    Timid nature
    4 att 252 sp att 252 spd
    Dark pulse
    draco meteor
    Fire blast
    Uturn
    My revenge killer. I love hydregion. All my other pokemon play it safe by going for accuracy over power, but this guys a beast and goes all out power. Choice scarf over specs to beat scarfed Haxorus.

Muk @ lefties/black sludge
    Sticky hold
    careful nature
    252 hp 4 def 252 sp def
    Ice punch
    curse
    rest
    sleep talk
    Yes, i know, rest talk muk isn't clever. But hey, i love it, and with +6 att and +6 def, he is one c*mshot you don't want to mess with! Also is my late game sweeper!

Also, any good OU absol counters? My best friend loves absol, so i want a pokemon that will make him think twice about using it!!!

Please rate, and any suggestions welcome.
    (Please note though, I will probably keep Blissey in the team)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Claydol isn't as good as it used to be in OU. Sure, it can set up SR and Rapid Spin away hazards, but it doesn't hit very hard and it's weak to some common types. Use Heatran instead because it hits harder, has some useful resists and sets up SR:
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power (Grass/Ice)
    -Stealth Rock
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon

Give Skarmory 24 Speed EVs to outspeed Wobbuffet (who occasionally shows up in OU; take those EVs out of Defense).

Use the first EV spread you posted on Blissey; its Special Defense is high enough already.

Jellicent needs a Bold nature because, like Blissey, it's specially bulky enough already. Use this EV spread: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe.

Muk isn't very good in OU. Despite having a wide offensive move pool, it doesn't have the Speed to abuse it well. Also, RestTalk severely limits Muk's coverage. Since I replaced Claydol with something else, how about making Hitmontop as a Rapid Spinner? (despite its UU status, it does well in OU):
    -Rapid Spin
    -Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick
    -Foresight/Toxic
    -Stone Edge/Sucker Punch/Rest
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate

Just by looking at your team, you're outright walled by opposing Blissey outside of Skarmory and Hitmontop. I'll let someone else suggest other things.

Golden blissey

Paranormal Zaktivity
    Years
    I see your right. My team would be easily walled by blissey. I probably will go with Hitmontop, I used to use one but I decided to use Claydol because it is both SR set up and spinner. I wouldn't mind trying a Heatran. What ivs do you recommend on Heatran, to get HP grass?What about dragon pulse instead of HP on Heatran? How about Roar, adding another phaser to my team?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Uh how are foe Blissey a problem ? Spikes and SR wreck it, your own Blissey can Toxic it, Muk sets up on it, Jelli Taunts it etc. Not an issue. Especially when you suggest Hitmontop. ._.

Jellicent does not make a good special wall and is extremely redundant with Blissey. 248 HP / 216 Def / 48 Speed please with Bold. This lets you actually counter things you are meant to like Scizor. Scald > Surf to thwart Taunt Gyarados.

Also;

Claydol@Leftovers
    252 HP / 144 Def / 114 Sp.Att
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Earth Power
    - (SR can be put on Heatran which ill come to shortly) Toxic
    - Rapid Spin

Beats Gliscor, Landorus, Terrakion, SE Conkeldurr, DD Nite, amongst various others. Claydol is a very good poke when you arent terrible. It provides some great support for a stall team if you can use it correctly and some key resistances (sup CB Stone Edges/CC's etc). Toxic messes up ghosts.

Blissey wants 252 Def / 166 SDef / 92 Spd @ Bold. This lets you beat volt turning chains as you outspeed 8 speed CB Scizor and roast it with Flamethrower.

Anyway Muk is the weakest link here, a terrible mon, too common weaknesses and that set is poor, nor do you need. I suggest you put in a Reuniclus counter because as of now that just 6-0's with with its CM set. Id put in something like CM Roar Latias or something like your own CM Reuniclus with Shadow Ball over Focus miss or heck even P Song Celebi or paraflinch Jirachi the latter providing wish support to those team members who cannot heal so it may be preferable.

252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp.Def on Skarm. Helps tank random special hits well. I also feel Brave Bird sucks and is outclassed by Taunt but thats just me, up to you. :/ SHED SHELL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leftovers always or you auto lose to Magnezone and as thus Mag+Drag teams.

Heatran is a good suggestion but id put it over Hydreigon tbh as Prankster Sableye and Taunt Mew are a huge issue. Use the Sp.Def set imo.

Heatran@Leftovers
    248 HP / 100 Sp.Def / 160 Speed
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar
    - Protect

Awesome set.

So to sum up changes

Better set for Claydol
    Ev spread change for Blissey
    Bold Jellicent Scald > Surf
    Sp.Def Heatran
    Mixed def spread for Skarmory @ Shed Shell.
    Reuniclus stopper (preferably Wish Rachi)

Good luck. Hope this helps.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Uh how are foe Blissey a problem ? Spikes and SR wreck it, your own Blissey can Toxic it, Muk sets up on it, Jelli Taunts it etc. Not an issue. Especially when you suggest Hitmontop. ._.

Jellicent does not make a good special wall and is extremely redundant with Blissey. 248 HP / 216 Def / 48 Speed please with Bold. This lets you actually counter things you are meant to like Scizor. Scald > Surf to thwart Taunt Gyarados.

Also;

Claydol@Leftovers
    252 HP / 144 Def / 114 Sp.Att
    Bold Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Earth Power
    - (SR can be put on Heatran which ill come to shortly) Toxic
    - Rapid Spin

Beats Gliscor, Landorus, Terrakion, SE Conkeldurr, DD Nite, amongst various others. Claydol is a very good poke when you arent terrible. It provides some great support for a stall team if you can use it correctly and some key resistances (sup CB Stone Edges/CC's etc). Toxic messes up ghosts.

Blissey wants 252 Def / 166 SDef / 92 Spd @ Bold. This lets you beat volt turning chains as you outspeed 8 speed CB Scizor and roast it with Flamethrower.

Anyway Muk is the weakest link here, a terrible mon, too common weaknesses and that set is poor, nor do you need. I suggest you put in a Reuniclus counter because as of now that just 6-0's with with its CM set. Id put in something like CM Roar Latias or something like your own CM Reuniclus with Shadow Ball over Focus miss or heck even P Song Celebi or paraflinch Jirachi the latter providing wish support to those team members who cannot heal so it may be preferable.

252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp.Def on Skarm.
    Helps tank random special hits well. I also feel Brave Bird sucks and is outclassed by Taunt but thats just me, up to you. :/ SHED SHELL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leftovers always or you auto lose to Magnezone and as thus Mag+Drag teams.

Heatran is a good suggestion but id put it over Hydreigon tbh as Prankster Sableye and Taunt Mew are a huge issue. Use the Sp.Def set imo.

Heatran@Leftovers
    248 HP / 100 Sp.Def / 160 Speed
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar
    - Protect

Awesome set.

So to sum up changes

Better set for Claydol
    Ev spread change for Blissey
    Bold Jellicent Scald > Surf
    Sp.Def Heatran
    Mixed def spread for Skarmory @ Shed Shell.
    Reuniclus stopper (preferably Wish Rachi)

Good luck. Hope this helps.

@bolded part: I don't see the point of splitting defensive EVs on something with differing Defense/Special Defense like Skarmory. If Skarmory has to use Special Defense EVs, then all of its Defense EVs can be taken out and put in Special Defense. Even without physical Defense investment, Skarmory can still shrug off some physical hits.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    @bolded part: I don't see the point of splitting defensive EVs on something with differing Defense/Special Defense like Skarmory. If Skarmory has to use Special Defense EVs, then all of its Defense EVs can be taken out and put in Special Defense. Even without physical Defense investment, Skarmory can still shrug off some physical hits.

Splitting def evs lets you set up on both sides of the spectrum, its really self explanatory. Sp.Def evs let you shrug off Surfs and random special junk whilst the Def evs let you not lose to Haxorus etc. (prevents the 2hko from DD LO Outrage)

Years
  • Hey guys,
    It's been awhile since I have been on online. It's kind of hard to find spare time between all my homework, but Pokémon is always on my mind. I have finally found a spare hour to post this and get some feedback, so any feedback or adjustments is good!!!!
    Please RMT!!!

(I need help deciding a good lead. I used to like explosion leads, but every since Explosion got nerfed, i went off them. )
    Current Lead-
    Claydol @ leftovers
    Levitate
    Relaxed Nature
    252 hp 252 def 4 sp def
    Rapid spin
    Stealth rock
    Earth power
    Psyshock
    My SR and spinner. He's my lead at the moment, but can be subject to change. Physically Bulky, Earth power and psyshock for STAB.

Skarmory@ leftovers
    Sturdy
    Impish nature
    252 hp 252 def 4 spd
    brave bird
    whirlwind
    roost
    spikes
    Spikes man, and main physical wall. Goes well with my beloved Blissey. Sets up spikes and phases sh*t.

Blissey @ leftovers
    Natural cure
    Bold nature
    252 hp 252 def 4 sp def -or- 4 hp 252 def 252 sp def (Help me decide, please)
    Flamethrower
    Toxic
    Heal bell
    Softboiled
    My favourite Pokémon. Special wall, goes well with skarmory and my team's cleric. I prefer blissey over chansey, due to lefties and residual damage. Still ev training, so i can't decide between max physical def, or mixed defences!?!

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Water absorb
    Calm Nature
    252 hp 4 def 252 sp def
    Will o wisp
    surf
    taunt
    recover
    My second, back up special wall. Will o wisp helps its physical side. Also is my only taunter!?!

Hydregion @ choice scarf
    Levitate
    Timid nature
    4 att 252 sp att 252 spd
    Dark pulse
    draco meteor
    Fire blast
    Uturn
    My revenge killer. I love hydregion. All my other pokemon play it safe by going for accuracy over power, but this guys a beast and goes all out power. Choice scarf over specs to beat scarfed Haxorus.

Muk @ lefties/black sludge
    Sticky hold
    careful nature
    252 hp 4 def 252 sp def
    Ice punch
    curse
    rest
    sleep talk
    Yes, i know, rest talk muk isn't clever. But hey, i love it, and with +6 att and +6 def, he is one c*mshot you don't want to mess with! Also is my late game sweeper!

Also, any good OU absol counters? My best friend loves absol, so i want a pokemon that will make him think twice about using it!!!

Please rate, and any suggestions welcome.
    (Please note though, I will probably keep Blissey in the team)

As the others mentioned, put a Bold nature on Jellicent. Scald is good for burning the opponent. I recommend giving it that if you can.

I have noticed you are lacking Fighting-type attacks, the only thing that can smack down Blisseys with ease. Muk isn't worth it since not many people use Poison-types competitively.

I recommend getting something that has a Fighting-type attack.

Back