• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the team of Pokémon above you!

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Rate the team of Pokémon listed above you, and share your thoughts about the team, then post your own team!

When posting a team, you only need to list the Pokémon themselves, you do not need to list movesets or natures or anything. You can list your own team, a team that an NPC trainer uses, or just any team idea that comes to mind. You're encouraged to have a team of six, but can go as low as two if you want a smaller team, and can put multiple of the same Pokemon on the team if you want. (We already have a thread for rating individual Pokemon, though, so I don't recommend filling all your slots with one Pokemon species)

Raters can use any kind of criteria they want for rating. Whether you're rating how strong they are, how cute they are, or how fun they'd be to play, it's all good here.

Since we need a team to list as an example, I'm going to list Ash Ketchum's final team in Journeys: Pikachu, Gengar, Sirfetch'd, Lucario, Dracovish, and Dragonite.

I rate this team 6/10.

While I quite like Gengar and Dragonite, I'm lukewarm about Sirfetch'd and Lucario, and Dracovish is my second-least favorite Pokemon of all time (behind Arctovish). I also don't normally like unevolved Pokemon on battling teams, but Ash's Pikachu gets a bit of an exemption from this since he's kept continuously training it over eight and a half different regions since he started his journey. If this Pikachu isn't level 100 by now, I don't know what is.

Next up, rate my final team in the GT2023 event: Gardevoir, Breloom, Charizard, Abomasnow, Swampert, Sceptile.

Years
Any team with a Charizard, a Gardevoir and a Swampert gets 10/10 from me! Sceptile is not my favourite Grass starter but still great! I have no real interest for Breloom or Abomasnow though.

Here was my team in my Black 2 last run : Serperior, Arcanine, Magnezone, Haxorus, Wailord, Boldore.

Years
8/10 - honestly like all of them except for Boldore, but you might be in the same boat as I was when I had one in my team during Black and couldn't get the trade evo done.

how about a themed team; feline mons: Meowscarada, Purugly, Liepard, Pyroar, Meowstic (male), Perrserker

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
6/10. I appreciate the theming, but I feel like Incineroar should get a spot in the party. I'm also not much of a fan of single-type Pokemon and this team has four of them.

Next up, Steven Stone's team: Skarmory, Claydol, Aggron, Cradily, Armaldo, Metagross

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
9/10. I love the theme, and I appreciate that the team has a clear focus on one type (three Grass-types) while still having a diverse set of Pokémon. Plus, it has Gourgeist, the evolution of my favorite Pokémon. The only reason I'm docking a point is that Sirfetch'd doesn't seem to fit the theme quite as closely as the other five do, since the leek it holds isn't a part of the Pokémon itself. There are plenty of Pokémon, mostly from Gen IX, that'd fit the theme better.

Speaking of Grass-types, rate my current Emerald team: Sceptile, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Breloom, Vileplume, Cradily

Years
Ludicolo, Breloom and Cradily are great. Vileplume is nice too.
Sceptile is okay. Not a fan of Shiftry personally, but it does give an additional type.
... 7.5/10?

My SwSh mono-ice Battle Tower team: Galarian Darmanitan, Cloyster, Eiscue.
They were all shiny bred too, but that's not that relevant =P

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Galarian Darmanitan is excellent, and Cloyster is quite good too, but I don't like Eiscue all that much, and I feel like it's redundant because Cloyster's also there as a second physical wall. I'd personally switch it out with Regice, but I totally understand if you'd rather use your shinies so I'll give you an extra point for it. Only one extra point though, since I don't like Eiscue's shiny color. 7/10.

Rate the team Devalue picked for me in the Valentine's Day event: Noctowl, Gyarados, Rotom (Heat)*, Drifblim, Gallade, Tangrowth.

*I played Platinum, so Rotom was still Electric/Ghost.

Years
Gallade is good. Even without the fire type Rotom Heat is still pretty good too. Noctowl and Tangrowth are okay.
I'm not very fond of Gyarados and Drifblim though. Like, 5.5/10?

Guess I'll just go with the team I blindly picked up along the way for my first Violet playthrough:
Meowscarada, Grafaiai, Flamigo, Espathra, Ceruledge, Cetitan.

Pretty much just wanted a team of only new Pokemon with no type overlap and this is what I ended up with by the end of the playthrough.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It's an in game team with choices I would overlook. 10.

Randomly generating...

Heracross, Sudowoodo, Hoopa, Braviary, Azumarill, Rillaboom.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
7/10. If you hadn't told me, I would never have guessed that your team was randomly generated. That being said, I'm not the biggest fan of Sudowoodo or Rillaboom, but all of the others are great.

Rate my first monotype team: Charizard, Butterfree, Fearow, Gyarados, Dragonite, Aerodactyl

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Yeah, it was a very nice randomly generated team.

9/10 I just don't care much for Fearow.

Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp.

Years
2/10 - stop cancelling their evolution already Fisherman Kyler
Ugh. I always dislike seeing the Magikarp only teams on the Fisherman in Pokemon games.

My Sword playthrough team: Galarian Slowking, Obstagoon, Electivire, Duraludon, Glaceon, Centiskorch.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
I love Centiskorch and most of the rest are pretty good too. Not the biggest fan of Electrivire though. I'm not an eeveelution fan for battles but Glaceon sure does look adorable too so I'll let it slide. 8/10.

Let's follow up on your Sword team with no type overlap with my FireRed team that has nothing but type overlap: Raticate, Wigglytuff, Clefable, Snorlax, Kangaskhan, Tauros.

Years
Pretty solid, there's a decent mix of tanks, special attackers and physical attackers; I'd probably choose a similar team if I did a Normal mono-type run of FRLG. Having both Wigglytuff and Clefable seems kinda redundant though. 7/10

Here's my current White 2 team (just after getting the 2nd badge): Servine, Magnemite

Years
Well you picked the right starter at least... :sneaky:
I'll give it a 6/10 for now. The Serperior line is great and that future Magnezone is always a solid mon to have.

My team from Shield from my first Galar playthrough, which is always completely blind for me so I ended up with a Rock overlap: Rillaboom, Thievul, Drednaw, Coalossal, Toxtricity, Hatterene.

Years
Pretty good, though I'm not a fan of Tentacruel.
8 maybe 8.5/10

One of my Alola playthrough teams.. I think.. I've done 4 Alola playthroughs so I'm not sure I'm recalling it correctly entirely lol
I've had all of these on my team during those Alola playthroughs at the very least though

Primarina, Espeon, Kommo-o, Salazzle, Bewear, Vikavolt

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Pretty good, though I'm not a fan of Tentacruel.
8 maybe 8.5/10

One of my Alola playthrough teams.. I think.. I've done 4 Alola playthroughs so I'm not sure I'm recalling it correctly entirely lol
I've had all of these on my team during those Alola playthroughs at the very least though

Primarina, Espeon, Kommo-o, Salazzle, Bewear, Vikavolt
7/10, I love Vikavolt and Kommo-o, but the rest are a bit meh and I don't like Salazzle.

My first and so far only Colosseum team: Feraligatr, Quagsire, Octillery, Mantine, Qwilfish, Suicune

Back