• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the Video Game Music Above You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

Pretty decent.

Make it a priority to play this game if you haven't yet and you have anything that can play Gamecube games.

Years
10/10

Best Pokemon music ever.

This piece of Spyro 1 music comes from the level "High Caves", which has two different versions of music depending on your region. This is the US version. (I might post the Australian/European version later).

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

7/10
The music is alright. You can hear it's videogame music (that's not always a bad thing, mind you), but I'm missing some variation in the music.

Years
1/10

Not that keen on Legend of Zelda since I don't even play it.

Time for more Spyro 1 music! This one comes from one of the speedway levels "Wild Flight".

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Why do I get the feeling you rated the song for the game, and not for the song itself? :V

8/10

That's a more upbeat song, I can easily imagine having a (minigame) race on it.

Years
1/10

Still not a Zelda fan cos I ain't play the games plus most Zelda music doesn't suit me.

This is my fave music from the original Spyro, I love how it changes drastically. This one is from the level "Dark Passage", which is considerably one of the hardest levels due to the enemies that change from cute to scary when it's dark.

This apparently had the most well-received music from the first Spyro game.

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Geez, you don't have to act like that... It's not like Zelda is the only game series I like... >_>
I don't play Spyro either... but anyways...
It's a nice song, it sounds pretty calm though for what seems to be a scary place (?). Works well for background music.

7.5/10

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

8/10
A theme that works very well for a desert town. Must be nice to walk around the bazaars and what not. :3

It kinda makes me want to post the song for the Gerudo Desert. You may choose, the first one is from the Symphony, the second one is the original. Sorry, Hikari10

Years
3/10

Alright but I don't play Zelda.

Time for a homeworld theme from the first Spyro game. This one is from the homeworld for "Peace Keepers", which is the second world in the game.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
3/10

Firstly it reminds me too much of many other games that came before it or around when it did and is kinda unoriginal to me. Secondly, it's repetitive to the point where it was agonizing to sit through the entire thing.

This particular song is one that plays in the world map menu of Lost Odyssey, one of my all time favorite games. It's a pity that it's there, as many people are only in the menu briefly :c

Years
1/10

Boring, I don't like the pacing.

More classic Spyro 1 music, this one is from the level "Lofty Castle".

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
5/10 Pretty standard song. Nothing pro, nothing contra. It's not exeptional, but it's not bad either.

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it..."
Once a lush, green region, the province of Lanayru was unable to escape time itself as it turned into the desert area we see today. And even the ocean, with crystal clear water turned into an ocean of sand. I think this song managed to capture the passing of time very well... It gives me a feeling of sadness, the sand of the hourglass slipping through my fingers.
When walking through the Lanayru desert, you see what once was, you live it... But once you step out of the Time Shift stone's reach, trees dry and whither, grass turns to sand and the proud civilisation that once was, ceases to exist.

Even the Hero of Time could not escape time itself.

Last edited:

Sonicfan9988

Sonic, Hilda & Rosa! ♥
Years
10/10! One of the best Sonic songs ever!

Now here is a song from the Japanese Sonic CD soundtrack. People usually prefer the Japanese soundtrack over the US one.

Sonic CD:Collision Chaos Zone (Present).

Years
5/10

Not what I expected it to be, there's Sonic music better than this.

More Spyro 1 music, I'll eventually cover them all throughout this thread. This one is from the level "Wizard Peak".

Years
2/10

Doesn't even sound what I expected it, I thought Shadow The Hedgehog would have dark, edgy music.

Another music from the original Spyro, this is from the boss level "Jacques".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back