• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate these Fakemon sprites, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
  • Right, so I've been working on a hack for several months now, and I've made about a hundred Fakemon. Some of them are pretty decent, imo, and some of them are just horrible. Anyway, here are some of them:

Unino, the Spirit Pokémon
    Evolves into Kiniba starting at level 36.
    Type: Ghost

Kiniba, the Spirit Pokémon
    Type: Ghost/Flying

Noctic, the Bomb Pokémon
    Evolves into Corunt via happiness during the night.
    Type: Electric

Corunt, the Explosion Pokémon
    Evolves into Curroctum when traded, while holding Blackglasses.
    Type: Electric/Dark

Curroctum, the Nuclear Pokémon

Onarun, the Sunlight Pokémon
    Evolves into Synthago when exposed to a Leaf Stone.
    Type: Grass

Synthago, the Herbivore Pokémon
    Type: Grass/Dragon

I could really use some feedback on some of these.

NatureKeeper

He looks nice, but why not make some more pattern? 8\10

Sorry, The front frame is kinda missing texture in the white colour, but I like the backsprite :). I'll maybe take permission to use him and his pre-evo. 9.5\10

Noctic, the Bomb Pokémon

Wow, this Pokémon should be fine with Smokescreen or Selfdestruct. How about a lightning pattern on that? 9\10

I do not like the mouth, to be honest. Need's to be bending and not a straight line. Make the eyes frown and get that tooth outtadaway+ Lightining pattern and It'd be perfect. 7\10

I seriously only want him giving an evil smile and It eyes flashing at the player. It'd be perfect, then. 9\10

Nice but make there be more space for the mouth. 9.75\10

1 comment: Put-a-leaf. 9.99\10

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Right, so I've been working on a hack for several months now, and I've made about a hundred Fakemon. Some of them are pretty decent, imo, and some of them are just horrible. Anyway, here are some of them:

I actually have to say that simple is sometimes better... and this one looks great! at a surface view, the shading and outlining looks great... the only thing i personally don't care for is the far left little flap...

the outlining on the head looks a bit funny here... it would be the lighter tone, but more in circumference... again, the shading looks nice, from a surface view...

Noctic, the Bomb Pokémon
    don't like the shading on this one, it's choppy and inconsistant... it needs to be rounder...

shading looks much better here...but my issue with this one is the actual design... it's just a bit ugly... the eyes are very awkward looking... and the tip with the fuse looks strange... but the actual fuse looks nice...

this one i like alot, the shading is nicely done...although maybe you could have use a bit more of the light tone a bit more down... but that's entirely artist's choice... the outlining, at surface view looks nice as well... very well rounded design, i like it!

to be honest... i don't like this one... it looks a lot like bulbasaur... but that's besides the point... the shading isn't your greatest... especiallly under the little lapels... it would be darker, not lighter... not to mention the rear, far back leg looks awkward... it's wedged in there... all the legs have a strange pointy look, and the front ones connect in a strange manner...you need to add joints, and some shading to signify the legs connections...

this one i like a lot! the anatomy is cutish...and the coloration is nicely done... even though the spot on his foot is a bit strange looking... but again, that's all the artist's preference...

anyhow, the shading looks great from surface view... although maybe it could use a bit more by (his) left foot, where it connects to the leg...

I could really use some feedback on some of these.

These are very nicely done, and i can see that you put a lot of time and effort into them! Great job! Keep up the great work, take my crit sparingly, and most importantly...

(Keep Spriting!>

Noel

Ghost Pokemon Trainer.
    Years
  • They all look sweet imo especially the GHOST ones :D Keep it up.

Pekin

Years
  • Thanks a lot for all the feedback, that was useful - I may upload some of my other sprites later, when I'm done editing some of these.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    UNINO

- He looks quite cute actually. The simple design works here.

KINIBA

- I don't like this one quite as much. The hands are cute, but I think he needs to be a little less cute cuz he's evolved. The wings look nice. One thing I noticed is that his body in the front sprite looks flat, i think you should move the line (his back) a little bit more to the right.

NOCTIC

- It's cute but I think it's a little too simple. How about you add a small burning rope around the top of his head or something?

CORUNT

- The eyes look weird, that's for sure. And the backsprite doesnt have the yellow spark things he has on the front sprite. And what's that on his mouth? A tongue? Tooth? Overall it looks nice, but could use some work.

CORRUCTUM

- Now this one looks badass. I like the way you highlighted him, he looks like he's about to explode lol. What I would suggest though is that you try and make his eyes and mouth better. And try to give him a better, more dynamic pose. This one is really cool.

ONARUN

- He looks a lot like bulbasaur lol. How about completely getting rid of that bulb on his back? And maybe give him a tail, because his evolution has one. And spots too.

SYTHAGO

- I'm really sorry to say this, but he looks Barney-ish. And no, that's not a compliment. Maybe you should try to put wings on him? Especially if you're gonna keep that bulb thing on ONARUN.

Overall 8/10

- The shading could use some work, maybe a little bit of dithering could help. I like the typing combos you made though, very nice, especially the Electric/Dark, CORRUCTUM is really cool lol. Anyways, hope my comments helped. Good luck with the fakemon. :D

EDIT: Looks like i'm the only one who doesnt like SYNTHAGO lol.

Last edited:

Pekin

Years
  • Haha, you're actually right, Synthago does look like Barney, now that you mention it xD
    I'm working on a cooler pose for Curroctum right now - It looks like people like him way more than I expected, so I figured I'd try and make him look a little more badass, haha. When I'm done, I'll correct the shading on Kiniba's front sprite and Noctic's back sprite. And I may give Onarun the complete makeover, and maybe even give him a new name - I'm not too proud of him, to be honest, but personally, I like his evolution.

fwice

Mewtwo Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    i tried but i couldnt ever successfully make a fakemon =[ a tutorial would help (everytime i try it looks like a box or a blob or something stupid)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Review in italic's kthnxbai :P Hope it all helps!

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • I think your spriting is okay.

The second one... When something is black, even though it is pitch-black, it's best for it to be a dark gray color so that a little bit of shading is visible. 3/5

And I think the last one is good, but it might need a little bit more of proportionalism(is that a word..?) XD 4/5

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    They are all amazing! You are really good! Maybe you could talk to Nintendo with some of your ideas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back