• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rayquaza/Groudon/Kyogre

Out of these, who's the best?

• Total voters

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
    It is true that Kyogre has a type advantage over both Rayquaza and Groudon, but I prefer Rayquaza for some reason.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If Kyogre has Ice Beam or something, then it kinda has a type advantage, but it obviously has one over Groundon. Anyway, I got Sapphire before the others, soo...

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Rayquaza for sure. He just seems the best because he's like the lugia, ho-oh, mewtwo, or giratina of his generation.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Strongest in their own right? Rayquaza (680 BST vs the 670 that the other two share)
    In a direct fight between the three? Kyogre (Ice Beam totally owns both of the others and STAB'd Rain Surf completely owns Groudon. :D)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I just like Kyogre coz i like water types and i like dive, and you have to dive to get him

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I say Groudon, just because I got Ruby first I've always taken a liking to him. And also, people who say Kyogre has and advantage over Groundon, that is totally true but Groundon can know Solarbeam, and thanks to his ability it doesn't have to charge up for a turn. But still Kyogre has a better advantage.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I think it's Kyogre, I got Ruby first but Kyogre is cool B)

And yea ~

And Kyogre could win over Groudon since he's slower and I think it would cancel out G's Sun Shine whatever and Rayquaza since of K's Rain Thing + Blizzard ~ :)

Years
    I'm going with Kyogre due to he has always been my favourite over the other 2 Legendaries.Also because Sapphire was my first 3rd generation game.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I'm not really that much of a fan of any of them, but I guess my favourite, not necessarily the best, is Rayquaza. In terms of being the best, it could probably take the other two in a fight.

xX

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Rayquaza. I mean, just look at it.... it looks so much better than Groudon. *shudders* Kyogre is second, and Groudon last. It's not only the looks that make me perfer Rayquaza, it's cry is much better, and I like the attacks my Ray-Ray has. :3

Back