• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Rayquaza Speculation

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    So now it seems that we have a new form for Kyogre and one for Groudon.

Now the names for each game is Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

Now, Alpha can correspond with Kyogre and Omega corresponding with Groudon.

Alpha can mean the beginning and water can symbolize a "new beginning or new life".

Omega can mean the end and "fire" can symbolize "destruction or the end of the world".

So lets assume these things were put in place like they are, what would Rayqauza's role be?

In other threads there has been talk that Rayquaza could symbolize "Christ" and be considered the Kingdom to Heaven, which is technically what the Sky can be a symbol of. So what do you think Rayquaza will do in these remakes? Will he have an "alternate form" like Groudon and Kyogre?

Discuss.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think he will. Along with being based off the Ziz Rayquaza is believed to be based on Quatzequatel who is a 'savior' like figure in Aztec mythology so the whole savior feel of it stands. Plus Quatzequatel was a wind and sky god and a serpent. Also that green glow in Emerald felt majestic...

Anyways I think Rayquaza may get a Mega or two(?). If they're named after the versions like Mewtwo and Charizard's were or if it has it's own unique name (Chi?) is up to the creators.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I think there will be an alternate forme and the player will be tasked with seeking out Rayquaza's new "orb" (which would actually be its megastone) while Aqua and Magma have the Red Orb and Blue Orb, which are the new megastones for them. Once the player has Rayquaza's stone, we have to awaken Rayquaza and do a victory ride to where Kyogre and Groudon are fighting and stop the calamity before it begins. n_n

Years
    That Rayquaza lending it's powers to the other two makes me think of how someone said Zygarde maybe a Megastone for the other two...sure hope it's not the one behind the new forms...it'll be like an inverse of Kyurem's formes.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I think there will be an alternate forme and the player will be tasked with seeking out Rayquaza's new "orb" (which would actually be its megastone) while Aqua and Magma have the Red Orb and Blue Orb, which are the new megastones for them. Once the player has Rayquaza's stone, we have to awaken Rayquaza and do a victory ride to where Kyogre and Groudon are fighting and stop the calamity before it begins. n_n

Do you remember the Jade Orb from HGSS? What if they used that Orb to 'call down' Rayquaza into it's whatever new form to end the havoc of Kyogre/Groudon? That would be pretty cool, although it might take the spotlight away from Kyogre/Groudon. Rayquaza really needs a part after the Emerald story, though.

Years
    Do you remember the Jade Orb from HGSS? What if they used that Orb to 'call down' Rayquaza into it's whatever new form to end the havoc of Kyogre/Groudon? That would be pretty cool, although it might take the spotlight away from Kyogre/Groudon. Rayquaza really needs a part after the Emerald story, though.
    I feel that Rayquaza's role in these games if it's similar to Emerald it won't be nearly as spot light stealing than say in future DP remakes if they follow the Pt storyline (as Giratina take over the whole spotlight).

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I feel that Rayquaza's role in these games if it's similar to Emerald it won't be nearly as spot light stealing than say in future DP remakes if they follow the Pt storyline (as Giratina take over the whole spotlight).
    I doubt anything involving an orb/stone/getting Rayquaza's attention somehow will be any more groundbreaking or spotlight stealing than going to awaken Rayquaza in Emerald was :P It would just be cool if it was ya know

Years
    I doubt anything involving an orb/stone/getting Rayquaza's attention somehow will be any more groundbreaking or spotlight stealing than going to awaken Rayquaza in Emerald was :P It would just be cool if it was ya know
    I loved that scene after we returned to Sootopolis. I hope Rayquaza plays a similar role...I want to see the trio together...
    Actually these are the first remakes with a trio of legends involved...and also the first in which a female characters existed in the originals. Wonder what they'll do...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015

That is quite true. The second evil team (the one not after Kyo/Gro) usually look like the 'good guys' in the games, perhaps they would run off to awaken the other Pokémon, and fearing this, Rayquaza would become active and stop the awakening, after which the featured legendary would challenge us and all of Hoennmanity will be saved. Sounds a bit better than the old story, at least.

Years
    That is quite true. The second evil team (the one not after Kyo/Gro) usually look like the 'good guys' in the games, perhaps they would run off to awaken the other Pokémon, and fearing this, Rayquaza would become active and stop the awakening, after which the featured legendary would challenge us and all of Hoennmanity will be saved. Sounds a bit better than the old story, at least.
    Yeah it sounds closer to Emerald's. I'm hoping that both teams play a role though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If Rayquaza does wind up getting a secondary form, could anybody imagine how it would actually look? Personally, I think it'd be very decent if it had larger body and shorter length--as in, its whole snake-like structure would be expanded and make it seem as if it's just eaten something. If you ask me, that would sort of freaky, haha. Statistically, I want it to receive boost in Attack and defenses; since it's big, it would make sense if it were able to endure more hits than normal and strike harder physical moves. As for its form item, I'm not really sure what they'd call that... Green Crystal, maybe? Either that, or they could go with how mega-evolution stones are named and go with Rayquazite. d:

Years
    If Rayquaza does wind up getting a secondary form, could anybody imagine how it would actually look? Personally, I think it'd be very decent if it had larger body and shorter length--as in, its whole snake-like structure would be expanded and make it seem as if it's just eaten something. If you ask me, that would sort of freaky, haha. Statistically, I want it to receive boost in Attack and defenses; since it's big, it would make sense if it were able to endure more hits than normal and strike harder physical moves. As for its form item, I'm not really sure what they'd call that... Green Crystal, maybe? Either that, or they could go with how mega-evolution stones are named and go with Rayquazite. d:
    They may use the Jade Orb from Heartgold Soulsilver.

I hope that it's horns curve back and that it grows large fangs.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    They may use the Jade Orb from Heartgold Soulsilver.

I hope that it's horns curve back and that it grows large fangs.

Wow, that would really make Rayquaza look like something else. Maybe a longer streamlined head to make it look like a large looming dragon would work as well. And I totally agree with Peitharchia that Rayquaza should get a shorter body length. I honestly thought it weird that it was so huge and curvy at first.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The Sky Pillar doesn't feature a gigantic Bellsprout, but something better XD

Then again, they really should give Rayquaza more recognition in these games, as everyone is simply after KyoGro and Rayquaza seems like a side feature lol

Years
    The Sky Pillar doesn't feature a gigantic Bellsprout, but something better XD

Then again, they really should give Rayquaza more recognition in these games, as everyone is simply after KyoGro and Rayquaza seems like a side feature lol

Yeah. It doesn't even have as big of a role in it's own game compared to Giratina it it's game. Maybe they should keep the Rayquaza stopping them scene and save the capture of the mascot and Rayquaza until post game...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Catching mascot being optional is a good idea, but after seeing BW and X&Y, I don't think it's much of a possibility unfortunately. Although making Rayquaza battle mandatory is a good way out, like in HGSS with Suicune.

Years
    Catching mascot being optional is a good idea, but after seeing BW and X&Y, I don't think it's much of a possibility unfortunately. Although making Rayquaza battle mandatory is a good way out, like in HGSS with Suicune.

Weren't Lugia and Ho-oh's captures also mandatory in their respective remakes?

I hope that the opposite mascot appears post game like in those games (and like in Emerald)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Weren't Lugia and Ho-oh's captures also mandatory in their respective remakes?

I hope that the opposite mascot appears post game like in those games (and like in Emerald)

I think they made it so. The Kimono girls would lead us to the beacon area and we'd have to fight said legendary.
    In HGSS, they did appear, following suit to Gold and Silver. But in the later games, it seems that we can't get the other mascot. Perhaps that is to promote trading and therefore to promote more sales.

Back