• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Rayquaza Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think they made it so. The Kimono girls would lead us to the beacon area and we'd have to fight said legendary.
    In HGSS, they did appear, following suit to Gold and Silver. But in the later games, it seems that we can't get the other mascot. Perhaps that is to promote trading and therefore to promote more sales.

Yeah, I hope they do what they did in Emerald and have all three members of the trio. However what ever is making the mascot into the forme/Mega we see on the box art we can't get unless we trade with the other version. Maybe they'll also make it so that we can't get Rayquaza's mega stone unless we get both stones and bring Groudon and Kyogre (with them on them) to the tower. If we capture Rayquaza before that than we simply take the three to the tower (again the other two with their stones/ forme transforming items) and we unlock the Rayquazite.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, I hope they do what they did in Emerald and have all three members of the trio. However what ever is making the mascot into the forme/Mega we see on the box art we can't get unless we trade with the other version. Maybe they'll also make it so that we can't get Rayquaza's mega stone unless we get both stones and bring Groudon and Kyogre (with them on them) to the tower. If we capture Rayquaza before that than we simply take the three to the tower (again the other two with their stones/ forme transforming items) and we unlock the Rayquazite.

Perfect! This would be an awesome thing, especially since we can't get the mega form of KyoGro outside of their respective games, this would really promote it to get all three mega legendaries. I think this is the best way to favour the purchase of both games, because many people love Rayquaza.

Years
    I can see Rayquaza getting a lot more screen time in ORAS. With the inclusion of mega evolutions, he could receive one himself, which might lead to the player having to find the stone of Rayquaza (and possibly the other two legendaries) as a side quest. In the end, instead of fighting his regular forme in order to catch it, the player must defeat its mega forme first before catching it.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm kinda leaning towards with Rayquaza not having much of an impact in ORAS but on the third game of Gen 6, along with Zygarde since they are kinda serpent-like, the third of their respective trios and obviously green. But, my mind is still open if Rayquaza gets any part in ORAS.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Rayquaza will be a savior and look out for hoenn i beleive they'll eventually make a remake of emerald after they most likely do a pokemon z. Rayquaza will most likely get a mega

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    Rayquaza can also be used by the respective team to the respective game in order to bait out that team's "goal pokemon"?

Years
    Crystal didn't really have a mascot legendary as prominent as Rayquaza, so it's not a fair comparison in a sense, but Suicune did make an appearance in HGSS, which could be an indication of Rayquaza's involvement in ORAS. Nothing is determined, but I think including Emerald's mascot would bring up a great opportunity for Game Freak to improve the storyline for the remakes.

Years
    Crystal didn't really have a mascot legendary as prominent as Rayquaza, so it's not a fair comparison in a sense, but Suicune did make an appearance in HGSS, which could be an indication of Rayquaza's involvement in ORAS. Nothing is determined, but I think including Emerald's mascot would bring up a great opportunity for Game Freak to improve the storyline for the remakes.

Hope so, as Emerald's story was more intriguing than RS'.
    Maybe we will see a large shadow at some parts in the game or roars. Someone in Fortree mentions something flying over Hoenn. Also some people in Lilicove mention the Sky Pillar in Emerald (this one may have been in RS too) so they could keep those references). It'll also be frightening if at one point we heard screams (roars)from above upon making it to certain areas.

Maybe we could fail to stop the mascot and almost get washed out/ buried but Rayquaza saves us like N's dragon did in B2W2. Then Rayquaza will restrain the opposite mascot while we take down our mascot.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    Now that we have the confirmation of the "Ancient Devolutions" of Groudon and Kyogre, do you think Rayquaza will have one? Do you think him having such a form will affect the storyline?

Years
    There are three routes I see them taking with Rayquaza at this point. The first is not giving it an primal form at all. The second is releasing it in ORAS, but not announcing it until the games' actual debut in stores. The final, third route would be keeping that form under wraps until Delta Emerald, which has been trademarked by Nintendo.

Years
    Posting this here. It seems much more appropriate. Apparently there will be a Emerald remake. And An Ancient Ryquaza. Apparently The emerald remake is going to be called Delta Emerald. This was apparently stated on a trade mark list a little bit ago.

Ancient Rayquaza, the reason I believe this will happen was another trade mark list, and all high priority Pokemon(Including Kyogre and Groudon) got megas, besides Jynx and Rayquaza, Plusle,and minimum.The latter 3 seem likely, but Rayquaza will likely be an Anchient Devolution(This one I've seen, while the Delta Emerald a friend told me he seen so it might not be legit)

Sorry for the messy post.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    First of all, "Delta Emerald" isn't going to be a thing. Nintendo also registered "Pokémon Grey" web domain, and, instead of a Pokémon Grey, we got Black 2/White 2.

Also, how come Hoenn gets a third game when Kalos is the star of 6th gen? Unless both sets get third games, not happening. And IMO it would be a waste because I'm pretty sure ORAS will have all the Emerald goodies like Battle Frontier.

Actually I'm almost sure we'll have a Pokémon Z at this point since then it would have native compatibility with ORAS' new Mega Evolutions.

On the subject of Rayquaza, I don't think they'll give him anything since the stars of the game are Groudon and Kyogre. Does he need it? In Platinum, Giratina is the only one able to change forms. Maybe he gets one in this game but IMO it would be silly to release another Hoenn version just to allow Rayquaza to change to a Devolved form. I think they'd rather do something with Zygarde to put him on the same level as the other Kalos ubers, plus there's unreleased moves on Zygarde's list.

Years
    First of all, "Delta Emerald" isn't going to be a thing. Nintendo also registered "Pokémon Grey" web domain, and, instead of a Pokémon Grey, we got Black 2/White 2.

Also, how come Hoenn gets a third game when Kalos is the star of 6th gen? Unless both sets get third games, not happening. And IMO it would be a waste because I'm pretty sure ORAS will have all the Emerald goodies like Battle Frontier.

Actually I'm almost sure we'll have a Pokémon Z at this point since then it would have native compatibility with ORAS' new Mega Evolutions.

On the subject of Rayquaza, I don't think they'll give him anything since the stars of the game are Groudon and Kyogre. Does he need it? In Platinum, Giratina is the only one able to change forms. Maybe he gets one in this game but IMO it would be silly to release another Hoenn version just to allow Rayquaza to change to a Devolved form. I think they'd rather do something with Zygarde to put him on the same level as the other Kalos ubers, plus there's unreleased moves on Zygarde's list.

Mega Rayguaza was a registered trade mark to. So we're Kyogre and Groudon tho they are getting new forms. Every Pokemon on that list has got a Mega(Except Jynx, Pulse Minium(which these later two are likely) and Rayquaza was also registered. So it will likely get a new form or Mega(I'm thinking mega, because as you sai, it would've pointless to release a thrid game just for new form.)

Rayquaza could also have some hidden moves in ORAS, but we wont know till we check.
    GameFreak is going to do something to Rayquaza, after all he is supposed to be stronger than them(Tho he's not ccompetitively).

Years
    It's very possible that they trademarked Delta Emerald only to reserve the right to take action against illegitimate hacks or fan-attempted Delta Emerald projects. Examples of trade marks that didn't become real games besides Grey also includes Water Blue at the time of FRLG. However, Emerald's plot changed quite significantly from RSE, so that could have some impact on whether or not Delta Emerald will become an actual, purchasable game.

Years
    Rayquaza most likely will get a Primal form since he is a part of the trio that Groudon and Kyogre belong to. Maybe we will get it post game. If we don't get it in OR/AS, Z or DeltaEmerald if it happens and they go straight to gen 7 then that would not feel right. I think it's best they include that form in OR/AS if they don't decide to make DE.
    They really should give it one.

I was thinking that perhaps they'll connect the Sky Pillar to Ancient Devolution, so the player will have to go there in order to get something to stop the Mascot in order to add in some Elements from Emerald.. However Rayquaza won't be there the first time you go, but in post game it could.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    With Sky Pillar being hidden on the new Hoenn Map, it seems to me like something big is going to happen with Rayquaza. I still hope they incorporate him in ORAS like they did in Emerald, one way or another.

Also, it just wouldn't feel right for Rayquaza not getting a Prime Mega. Maybe Rayquaza will get two forms, depending on what game you have. Who knows. I just don't like the idea of taking out the Sky part of the Hoenn games. Also remember, Rayquaza made an appearance in the anime not long ago. Which we know, in the past, they give out hints with the anime. I will be very disappoint it if it doesn't turn out to be Land vs Sea vs Sky. Even in one of the anime themes they say "From the earth to land, the sea and sky.

The concept of Sky vs Sea vs Land is very strong in this generation. Now if they decide to remake Emerald with Delta Emerald, then I can wait, but I don't see this happening. But who knows? GF have been unpredictable lately.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    Yeah I highly doubt they would have an Emerald remake, since they haven't had a Pokemon Yellow remake nor a Pokemon Crystal remake. Also with the Primal version of Rayquaza, I wonder how exactly that will tie into the story. Will Rayquaza just be a "savior" of sorts again?

Years
    Yeah I highly doubt they would have an Emerald remake, since they haven't had a Pokemon Yellow remake nor a Pokemon Crystal remake. Also with the Primal version of Rayquaza, I wonder how exactly that will tie into the story. Will Rayquaza just be a "savior" of sorts again?

Technically it would've been Blue seeing how Yellow is considered a Special version, and not really a "third" version, that would be Blue which had a trademarked name of WaterBlue for it's possible remake. Plus Yellow is the least canon out of any of the games, what with having Jessie and James who never appear in any of the other games.

Anyways I think that Primal Rayquaza will appear post game. I do think they could add in a detour to Sky Pillar though in order to retrieve some item or something in order to stop the Mascot. Perhaps GF will surprise us by having the opposite game's team do their evil plot in the post game and we'll need to get Primal Rayquaza in order to stop them.

I hope that they make it, and show it off in a screenshot with Mega Sceptile against it seeing how today they released a Screenshot of Swampert standing in the Rain, and Blaziken in a place with Lava symbolizing their colors and their water and fire types being influenced by the mascots, and the mascots just so happen to have scenes with them standing in a similar place.

I wonder if it'll be darker green like Kyogre seems to be darker blue.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I don't see how he'll be powerful enough to defeat them in their Primal forms unless he has a form of his own...
    What if We'll get an Omega Rayquaza, which could end up being the form used to defeat Primal Kyogre, and an Alpha Rayquaza, the form he used to defeat Primal Groudon? Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Water! I'm here for it...

Last edited:

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    Technically it would've been Blue seeing how Yellow is considered a Special version, and not really a "third" version, that would be Blue which had a trademarked name of WaterBlue for it's possible remake. Plus Yellow is the least canon out of any of the games, what with having Jessie and James who never appear in any of the other games.

Anyways I think that Primal Rayquaza will appear post game. I do think they could add in a detour to Sky Pillar though in order to retrieve some item or something in order to stop the Mascot. Perhaps GF will surprise us by having the opposite game's team do their evil plot in the post game and we'll need to get Primal Rayquaza in order to stop them.

I hope that they make it, and show it off in a screenshot with Mega Sceptile against it seeing how today they released a Screenshot of Swampert standing in the Rain, and Blaziken in a place with Lava symbolizing their colors and their water and fire types being influenced by the mascots, and the mascots just so happen to have scenes with them standing in a similar place.

I wonder if it'll be darker green like Kyogre seems to be darker blue.
    Perhaps we do have to get involved with Rayquaza for the Story Line, and then post-game we get access to a new area which we can get the item necessary for Rayquaza to "Devolve".

Back