• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen (re)Play the Game

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • (re)Play the Game

Black and White have been out for quite a while now. Have you ended up replaying them yet? Why or why not? If you have, has your replay experience been better or worse than your first run? What made it different? Do you think Black and White are good games to replay? Why or why not? What other comments or idea come to mind regarding replay value?

Ultimate Uchiha

Switchin' It Up
    Years
  • I've played through White too many times and I've recently decided to play through it one last time before B2/W2 come out. The game's replay value is only good if you try to play through it a different way each time and with over 600 Pokemon now there are too many different ways to play through the game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I never bothered with replaying B/W because I've done so many breeding projects. I don't want to restart the game and get rid of all of my hard work.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I have a copy my friend gave me. Ill restart that after I'm done my competitive team...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I haven't replayed my games because I have fully completed my White (with all the trainer stars and everything) and am on the way to doing the same in my Black. If I really want to, I could always buy another game online or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I don't really replay any of my Pokemon games since I put way too much hard work into them and I don't want to lose it all. I suppose if I had two games, I would transfer all my Pokemon to one game and restart the other since I sometimes get the urge to want to begin again. Besides that though, I don't restart my games at all. I just keep playing until I have over 100 hours due to RNGing. :D

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I've currently just started my third playthrough of Black.

On my first re-play of the game I enjoyed it much more than the first time as I got to use more than just a team of three (I always do that on my first playthrough of any Pokémon game for a reason I don't know). I also knew more of the Pokémon's types so I didn't have to guess before selecting my move or deciding to catch it. I also caught a shiny Joltik on the re-play (which I only just realized that I deleted, grrrr!)

Years
  • I did replay the game, but only once. It's never as good as the first time in my opinion. *sigh* You get like attached to your first ever team, and the second time around its just not the same. Plus you know all the secrets and stuff.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I've actually just completed my fourth playthrough of the game. Due to the large number of new Pokemon introduced into the games, and how they force you to use only those until completing the story, I felt compelled (moreso than in previous games) to replay White and play through the story with new sets of Pokemon each time. It also helps that the Unova Pokemon are probably one of my favourite sets of Pokemon to date.

I think I've just fallen out of trying to 'catch 'em all', so I never really see a point to have a save file where I've completed to story hanging around, haha.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm only on my first official playthrough right now. I picked up Soul Silver and Platinum to ease the time until B2W2 are out. And since I may make a point of starting a breeding project on this one, I don't think I will be starting over. That way, I can help the fine folks coming here who want to train a particular Pokémon (you may see a Trade Shop from me someday!). Hope I can find a Ditto to help with that someday, but that's for future planning.

Cyclone

Back