• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real Life Terror: Keeping wife and autistic son in cage

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Inside the cage, made of bricks, wood and metal bars, bags of human excrement lay on the ground, as did dog food, used syringes, gasoline cans, locks, chains and rope which he apparently used to tie them up.

"This is a story of terror. To enter that house is to witness true madness," the source added.

The suspect is a 66-year-old former construction worker named Eduardo Oviedo.

His wife is 61 and the son 32. The son can barely speak and the wife has psychiatric problems, the source said.

Oviedo allegedly fed his wife and son through the bars of the cage.

For more on the news story, please click the following link:
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09...-of-keeping-wife-autistic-son-in-cage/6753022

This is insane. How can you do that to your own child and wife? He even feeds his son dog food. People can be disgusting.

What are your thoughts on this news?
    If you were that husband what would you do?
    If you were their neighbors are you going to help them or ignore them?
    Is there any similar unfortunate incident around your area?

Years
    Honesty that is insanely messed up. It doesn't surprise me that people like that still exist these days but it does disgust me. I can't even answer that second question because I can't put myself in his shoes, if he were a killer or something sure but I just can't make myself think like him.

If I were a neighbour and knew of this situation, I would definitely have contacted police officials long ago. I would suggest most people would have, so I doubt the neighbours in this instance actually new anything like this was happening.

I don't know about in my area, but I definitely have heard of similar instances.

Spacy

Visitor from beyond...
    Years
    What a total jerk. Seriously. That's such an awful thing to do that at my worst I still wouldn't do anything as bad as that, meaning I probably wouldn't be in his situation. If I was a neighbor I would call the police or something, as this guy is probably a psychopath and if I tried to handle it alone he might shoot me or something like that. I don't think anything like this is happening in my area or has happened before as far as I know, but it's not like I'm constantly looking through other people's windows so you never know.

Bay

Years
    Each time I hear this sort of stuff I shake my head. Indeed it's crazy.

From the mentions of him being violent and such, I do wonder if he tried to seek help before resorting to this. His family/neighbors probably suggested it but he didn't listen.

If I were the neighbors, like the others said I would help out/call the police as soon as I find out this was happening. Though they should have contacted authorities sooner, I can understand his children remained silent at first due to them being afraid of him (the article did mention some of his family living in the neighborhood).

Luckily a similar situation hasn't happened in my area, or at least I haven't heard anything like this going on yet.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Reminds me of the whole Josef Fritzl situation. But if there's one thing that situation taught us, it's that recovery is possible. I'm so sorry his wife and son had to go through Hell and live in inhumane conditions for so long. At last, things will finally be better for everyone- not just his wife and son, but his other children too.
    As for the man himself, he's going to get what he deserves.

Though it didn't happen exactly in my area, something similar to this (though not quite as extreme) did happen in my country. Some 41-year-old scumbag promised a 22-year-old Swedish model fame and success, so she flew in to met him and arrange for him to become her manager. He just kidnapped her, locked her in his apartment for 6 months and raped her. The worst part is, that's the second time he did something like that.
    Needless to say, he isn't getting out of prison anytime soon. Thank God for that.

Last edited:
    Back