• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Really regretting this haircut

Sirfetch’d

Decided to get a haircut today and the person who normally cuts my hair quit so now I have to find a new regular! Tried someone new today and they totally ♥♥♥♥ed up how I normally wear my hair and I kinda just have to deal with it haha.

Ever had this happen? or do you just have any bad haircut experiences?

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Not really. My mum's a pro hair stylist, so I can't complain.

Except that one time when she tricked me into having short hair when I was 9

Sirfetch’d

My mom actually went to school to be a hair stylist then later decided that isnt what she wanted to do lol. I would still never let her cut my hair though. Idk why haha but I just don't want her doing my hair like she would want it!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Did you steal my phone and read my text messages or something???? I was literally just complaining about this to like all of my friends that I've been talking to today.

ARRRGH. I hate my haircut. I got a haircut and I was feeling really good about it, like I almost always do when I'm actually there, and for like a day or two it was going good and then I finally realized that it just does not suit me at all. It makes me look like a kid and it makes me look really ugly and it just exaggerates everything I dislike about my face. My cheeks and the area between my lips and my chin, and my eyebrow area.

Don't get me wrong. I think I'm attractive. But my attractiveness always is determined by my hairstyle, and I went out on a limb with mine and got my hair cut short and grrrr! I really shouldn't have done that, but I assumed it would look good on me because when my hair is up, I look better than when my hair is down. So I got my bangs cut shorter than I've ever got them cut before. I didn't realize how I looked when I wasn't like ready to look good and was just lounging around in the house, but then my dad took a picture of me and I looked at it and thought I looked soooo ugly.

And then I was looking at my haircut today in the mirror without any messing up -- I normally like to mess up my hair and make it a little messy and push it up and whatnot. And I noticed that my bangs are CROOKED!!!! And the hair that is between the bangs and the side burns -- the one that has that little scoop to it -- there are some parts of it that are longer than other parts of it, and that makes me so mad. I am so glad I only gave the lady who cut my hair a $4.00 tip. With haircuts, I usually tip at least $10.00.

I can't wait until my hair grows out, but it's going to take a while. Hopefully it grows pretty quickly and I can start styling it soon, though.

But I am just not satisfied.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • This happens to me whenever I get a haircut most of the time. I look at how long my hair is getting and think " my hair is getting long and ugly I should get it cut." I never have any idea how to get it cut so I take a few minutes to describe something to the hairdresser and end up giving a vague description of how I'd like it. Usually I do like my haircut right after it's cut and then a few hours/a day later I look at and think "this is ugly what have I done?". Usually it takes me a week to adjust to a new cut. And once it grows out a bit more, I end up liking it more and then it gets too long again and then history repeats itself.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Every haircut I have is bad. That's why I'm either shaved or it's down to my shoulders.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    OMIGOSH SO MANY TIMES. D:

Years ago, I found the one. I found my perfect hairdresser. She always made my hair look exactly how I wanted it. It was like she could see the picture I had in my head. She's psychic, man. She was expensive, but ♥♥♥♥ it, it was worth the $100. (80ish + well-deserved tip). A few years ago I moved and I cannot find someone who is remotely capable of using a pair of scissors to save my life.

I wanted to keep my hair long, and every one of these jerks cut it to my shoulders while telling me my ends were "dead" and "needed" to be cut. OF COURSE IT'S DEAD, ALL HAIR IS DEAD. I only asked for you to trim my bangs and the frame around my face, not all of my hair. Stop it. Just give me the scissors, you're not qualified to hold them. D: And they'd dye it orange or pink or brown.. but it was never the red I requested. ;;

So I stopped paying people to cut/dye my hair. I just do it myself now. So, so, so much better.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I've been cutting my own hair since I was 13 or so, no complaints since. I've only gotten my hair cut "professionally" twice in my life and I hated it both times, got my bangs way too short and they layered my hair all wrong. Before that, my mom used to cut it, but it was just the "cut my bangs and hair straight across" kind of haircuts.

Years
  • Aw man, that's annoying. Luckily my dad is a hairdresser...he's the only one who's ever cut my hair. If i'm unhappy with something, I say it how it is and ask him politely to make it exactly how I like it, hehe. Perks of having a family member in the biz'. :3

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I've been going to the same hairdresser for like 7 years and I've been getting the same haircut every time. I'm perfectly content with it.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I don't like my haircut that much when it's newly cut. I think my hair looks better when it grows a bit. But then again, I haven't really changed my haircut. I guess I should mix things up xD

Years
  • Absolutely detest getting my hair cut D: I become so attached to it that after growing it out for so long, even with my mom's constant nagging, I still can't force myself to get one. I've been letting my hair grow out for almost a year, and I don't have any plans to cut it anytime soon. The one thing I always hate about going to the barber is that whenever I ask for 1 inch off, she lops off like 3 -.- My hairstyle hasn't changed since the beginning of haircut; it's always layered because my hair is really thick.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wanted to keep my hair long, and every one of these jerks cut it to my shoulders while telling me my ends were "dead" and "needed" to be cut. OF COURSE IT'S DEAD, ALL HAIR IS DEAD. I only asked for you to trim my bangs and the frame around my face, not all of my hair. Stop it. Just give me the scissors, you're not qualified to hold them. D: And they'd dye it orange or pink or brown.. but it was never the red I requested. ;;

Sometimes I feel like talking to hairdressers when you're trying to grow out your hair is like talking to a kindergartener. I'll tell them "Only trim it" at the start, then again when they get past the hair washing, then I'll ask them to repeat back to me what I want. And even then sometimes I get 3-4 inches off because they decide they know better than the person wearing the hair.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I usually get a haircut with my hair semi-long (longer than most boys, but not super shaggy). The lady wouldn't say, "move your head" or align it. She would grab your hair and yank it in the direction. Then she gave me something close to a buzz cut (just a little longer). I look TERRIBLE in short hair. I'm never going to super cuts again (I've never had a decent experience there). I think I have had one or two hairdressers quit in the past year. I have finally found someone who does my hair good. :)

Years
  • Used to be incredibly stubborn about it because I, for some reason, believed that keeping my hair absurdly long looked good on me. Now, short hair doesn't look good on me either; I got a buzzcut in second grade and was, well, a sight to behold. Didn't realize the concept of looking hygienic, haha. Now, I keep it at a pretty average length and tell my barber never to take too much off my bangs. I have had some terrible haircuts in the past though, before I really decided how to wear it. e__e

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I went in for a haircut a couple weeks ago, since I have to keep it cut somewhat regularly, and my usual salonist was on unexpected vacation so I had to run around for an hour trying to find someone else that was a) open and b) not a man in a rundown shack with a pair of rusty scissors and a razor. :s

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Yeah! I was complaining about having to get a haircut one day so my girlfriend was like "I'll cut it for you". I asked her if she ever cut hair before, she said no. But I was feeling pretty lazy that day and it sounded better than driving to the place and paying for it. I wear a high and tight, anyways, it's not a hard style to make, all she has to do is shave the sides and back to where I'm pretty much bald, keep it longer at the top then fade the edges.

I don't know how but she ended up cutting my head 3 times, and made it look like I had a really wide Mohawk. Ended up having to drive out to the salon anyways.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Yes. The last time I got it cut, the lady literally pulled it the ♥♥♥♥ out of my scalp and left me looking so stupid. I was so mad. Nonetheless it grew back and I just got one the other day and am really pleased with it. (I didn't go back to the same hair dresser though, I went to my usual one. He was just away the day that cray lady cut it. ;;)

Back