• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recent Happenings in Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
Years
  • I was battling Darach a while ago

(Battle Castle Fronteir Brain)

I lost and got cleared out of 600 CP. (The 21 Streak Team)

And I restarted my Emerald but then I lost it,

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    I JUST DROPPED MY MASTERBALL ON ACIDENT NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zhues

Ello governer
    Years
  • umm ok I evry pokemon i eccountered in pokemon shiny gold and for some reason so was the other trainers so i run in to an ampharos its level 32 and shiny! so i cstch it buy when i go to my pc it says it is a dugtrio /ampharos and it turned in to lvl 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i take and check it stats and my screen turns pink 0_o

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Lulz. I'm "cheating" the game by trading over a snorunt egg to my game, so that it'll be like my starter pokemon once it hatches ^_^

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • OK !
    Yesterday Ownage162 I think , made me lose in a Wi-Fi Battle with his explosions !
    Today in the Morning my Shelgon from Pt. finally evolved to Salamence .
    1 Hour ago Cynthia's Garchomp was owned by my Abomasnow's Blizzard !

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
  • I just finished EV Training my Shiny Lapras! ^^
    :O And my lucky little brother encountered a Shiny Shadow Flaffy on Pokemon XD! I'm so jealous!
    I'm also IV Breeding Eevee on Emerald...But with not much luck. D:

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Training Omastar Leviathan to level 50 (currently on 49 XD).
    IV breeding a shieldon and charmander.
    *Utterly destroys Mr. Mime with Leviathan* Yes! level 50!
    XD

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Currently, I'm Breeding a Bagon with Hydro Pump. It's pretty simple. Just trying to get a female one.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • @Riggzyd: That's when it's time to restart.

Anyway, I just recently started playing a whole bunch of Pokemon roms, one from each generation in fact. I thought I'd record my progress on them here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yellow:

Trainer: Gon
    Rival: Coolio
    Starter: Pikachu, obviously
    Current Team:
    Satoshi (Pikachu, level 22)
    Youmi (Butterfree, level 22)
    Kindle (Charmeleon, level 22)
    Kusa (Weepinbell, level 22)
    Drima (Drowzee, level 22)
    Gimli (Diglett, level 22)

I currently have two badges in this game, and I'm probably gonna get my team to level 25 before taking on Lt. Surge.

Well, back when I got my second badge, my team consisted of Satoshi, Youmi, Kindle, Kusa, Dyna Blade (a Pidgeotto), and Goku (a Mankey), who were about level 18. After getting that badge, I made my way towards Vermilion City, battling a few trainers along the way. Once I got to Vermilion, the first thing I did was head into the grass on Route 11. The first Pokemon I encountered there was a Drowzee, so I caught it and put it on my team in place of Dyna Blade. I trained this Drowzee (Drima) in Route 25 for a while, during which time it learned Confusion. Then I headed back to Vermilion and peeked into Diglett's Cave, catching a level 21 Diglett in there and putting it on my team in place of Goku.

Yesterday, first I trained my team to level 21 in Route 11; during that time, Kusa evolved to Weepinbell. Then I went aboard the S.S. Anne, battling some trainers in there and picking up some items. Kusa learned Stun Spore during one such battle; I replaced Sleep Powder with it since two of my other Pokemon already have a sleeping move. Unfortunately, Gimli didn't get to do a whole lot of battling since there were too many water Pokemon, but he did own a Growlithe with Dig once.

Hee hee, another interesting fact about this game is that before I got to Cerulean City, I had on my team two Nidorans named Fumu and Bun. They were at level 12 when I battled Brock, while the rest of my team was at level 10. However, they didn't participate in the battle at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crystal

Trainer: Suneora
    Rival: Shin
    Starter: Chikorita
    Current Team:
    Midori (Bayleef, level 20)
    Rogue (Geodude, level 20)
    Koubi (Poliwag, level 20)
    Taliante (Gastly, level 18)
    Collie (Growlithe, level 15)
    Kinenda (Kadabra, level 19)

Rogue was actually the first Pokemon I caught in this game, and she was very easy to train. Before I got my first badge, my team consisted of Midori, Rogue, Koubi, Turamin (a Hoothoot), Radaran (a Rattata), and Shelob (a Spinarak). I started my game at night, so that's when I caught most of these Pokemon. Shelob was my official Bellsprout killer, and was the only Pokemon I used while battling the monks in the Sprout Tower. I also caught Taliante that same night, but didn't put him on my team because I knew he couldn't touch Normal Pokemon.

After getting my first badge, I received the Mystery Egg, which hatched into a female Togepi! I nicknamed her Torina. She was fun to train, because she knew Metronome. I actually recorded some of her training on video, which showed Metronome turning into attacks like Mega Drain, Recover, Sacred Fire, Hydro Pump, and Aeroblast. Also at this time, I added both Torina and Taliante to my team, replacing Turamin and Radaran. This was the team I beat Bugsy with. The only part that sucked was that when Torina battled her Metapod, Metronome never turned into any good attacks, and she ended up using up all her PP, so I had to switch her out. But Scyther was laughably easy; Rogue OHKO'd it with Rock Throw.

After that, I traveled through the Ilex Forest and reached Goldenrod City. There a whole bunch of stuff happened. When I visited the National Park, they were holding a bug-catching contest, which I decided to participate in. The Pokemon I entered was a level 14 Pinsir, but I ended up getting third place... :( Oh well, at least I got a Gold Berry, not to mention a Pinsir. But I didn't add that Pinsir to my team; instead, I went into Route 35 and caught a Growlithe. Then I headed into Goldenrod's Underground and gave Torina a haircut (which is stupid; she doesn't have any hair). Then I headed into the Game Corner and played the slots for a while... I started with 50 coins, but I kept having to restart when I lost them all. Finally I lined up the three 7's, so I was able to get an Abra as a prize. I added the Growlithe and Abra I just got to my team, but unfortunately that meant I had to kick Torina and Shelob off my team... :( And those were two of my favourite team members too... but they weren't the best battlers.

After making the changes to my team, it was training time. I trained Kinenda, my new Abra, by switching her out, until she evolved to Kadabra. Collie's kind of hard to train right now, even with all those bug Pokemon showing up, and I wish Taliante would learn a better attacking move than Lick... I'm planning to get my team to level 20 before battling Whitney.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Emerald

Trainer: Panther
    Starter: Treecko
    Current Team:
    Legolas (Grovyle, level 24)
    SurferDude (Azumarill, level 23)
    Loudmouth (Loudred, level 23)
    Judo (Hariyama, level 24)
    Amidala (Kirlia, level 24)
    Ace (Swellow, level 24)

In this game I was adamant about catching only Pokemon I wanted on my team. Before I got my first badge, I had Legolas, SurferDude, Loudmouth, Ace, Amidala, and a Poochyena named Alpha on my team, which hasn't changed much since. The battle with Roxanne was very time-consuming; Nosepass used Block on Alpha, whose only attacking move was Tackle. She kept using Growl and Sand-Attack against Nosepass until she eventually got KO'd. By that time, Nosepass's HP was in the red zone, so Legolas finished it off with Absorb.

When I got to Dewford, I made my way through Granite Cave without using Flash, eventually getting all the way to Steven to deliver the letter. On the way I caught a Makuhita (Judo), who I added to my team in place of Alpha. Then I headed to Slateport and took care of Team Aqua there (Legolas evolved during that time), delivering the Devon Goods to Captain Stern. I made my way north into Route 111 to reach Mauville, but Brendan stopped me on the way and demanded a battle, which I lost.

After that happened, I decided it was time to train my team up a bit... While I was at it, I headed into the Trick House... only to find out I needed Cut to get through it. So I went all the way back to Rustboro City to catch a Nincada, naming him Sasuke and teaching him Cut. Then I trained my team to level 18 and tried battling Brendan again. This time the battle was kind of easy--Loudmouth took care of his Wingull quite easily, SurferDude owned Combusken, and Ace had an easy time with Lombre.

Upon reaching Mauville, I battled the trainers on Route 117, during which most of my Pokemon reached level 20. It was at this time that Loudmouth and Amidala evolved. After that happened, I headed back to Dewford to get my second badge.

After getting badge #2, I headed back to Slateport... and battled the Winstrate family, which wasn't too hard. I had Judo first in my party during those battles, so he was able to get all the way to level 24 and evolve. The battles were good training for my other Pokemon as well; Ace also evolved during the battles.

Around that time, I planned out what my final team would be: Sceptile, Exploud, Medicham, Dusclops, Seviper, and Gorebyss (provided I can trade of course; if not then Sharpedo). However, it will be a while before I'm able to catch some of those Pokemon...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Platinum

I posted some of the recent happenings in this game in the D/P section, but now I'm posting it here because it's another rom. I started this game before the other three, so I'm further along in this one.

Trainer: Eve
    Rival: Warren
    Starter: Chimchar
    Current Team:
    Imp (Infernape, level 42)
    Ferrum (Bronzong, level 43)
    Robomaster (Rotom, level 43)
    Moria (Gabite, level 42)
    MetaKnight (Gallade, level 42)
    Kraken (Tentacruel, level 42)

My team has had some interesting team members on it in the past... I owned Gardenia's Pokemon with a Ponyta named Shadowfax; he was the strongest Pokemon on my team thanks to his Flame Wheel. I also used to have a Luxio named Electra, who really helped me out during the battle with Fantina. Then I had a Cherubi named Jubilee, who was originally going to be on my final team. Also, right after I got my second badge, I had a Ralts named Prince, but he wasn't on my team; I just caught him for the heck of it in case I wanted a Gallade for whatever reason later on. (I caught a female Ralts as well in case I wanted to breed them.)

The team I had planned out at the time consisted of Infernape, Bronzong, Rotom, Garchomp, Cherrim, and Gyarados (I hadn't caught the Gyarados yet; I was just planning to). I posted this team for rating somewhere, movesets and all, and all three raters said that I needed to kick Jubilee (the future Cherrim) off my team due to his Sunnybeam moveset. I had said that I had a Staravia, Gallade, and Giratina "waiting to be added to the team", and all three raters recommended I add Gallade. I decided that if I added Gallade, I would have too many physical sweepers on my team, so I decided on Tentacruel instead of Gyarados.

After I confirmed this dream team, the fun began. Since this game was a rom, I couldn't resist the temptation to use Pokesav. So I did, but only minimally; I mostly used it to maximise my team's EV's, and to add TM's and various items. I also used it to get a Shaymin and Arceus...

The problem with my dream team was that I couldn't catch a Tentacool until I was able to use Surf. Fortunately, I had everyone else. It was at this time that I dug Prince out of my PC, evolved him to Kirlia, used a Dawn Stone on him, and changed his name to MetaKnight since it sounded more appropriate. For a temporary replacement of Tentacool, I added the Arceus I hacked to my team, nicknaming it Celeste. I had also obtained all the plates, making for extra fun, and a moveset consisting of Cosmic Power, Recover, Refresh, and Judgment. I also obtained the Secret Key this way, since Mystery Gift isn't available for a rom...

With my team, I made my way to Veilstone City, where I defeated Maylene pretty easily. In these gym battles, I decided to make things fair by not using Celeste in any of them. But Ferrum and Robomaster (who was in Fan form) made easy work of Maylene. After that, I headed to Celestic Town, surprised at the Swablus that appeared in the grass on the way. There I had to battle some Galactic people--it was in these battles that I finally used Celeste, who owned them with Judgment. (They deserve it, right?) Later on I made my way to Pastoria, where Robomaster and MetaKnight (he knew Leaf Blade) made easy work of Crasher Wake.

Immediately after getting my fifth badge... well first, I had to chase down the Galactic Grunt headed to Lake Valor. Okay, after that, I caught a Wingull and named him Smee. Smee became an HM slave once he evolved, for Surf, Defog, and Fly. Smee flew my team to Route 218, where I finally caught a Tentacool. Placing Kraken, this new Tentacool on my team, I said my goodbyes to Celeste. (Don't worry, I didn't release it; I just deposited it in my box, never bringing it out again to this day.)

And now for the recent happenings. Of course, Kraken evolved to Tentacruel pretty quickly; I caught him at level 30. I headed through Iron Island, receiving the Riolu egg (which is still unhatched), and trained my team there as well as in Route 218. When everyone was at level 40, I battled Byron. The battle was laughably easy; Rotom OHKO'd his Magneton with Overheat (he was in Heat Form), Moria OHKO'd his Bastiodon with Earthquake, and Kraken OHKO'd his Steelix with Surf.

After that battle, I headed to the Canalave Library, where I talked with Rowan, Warren, and Lucas about the legendary Pokemon and Team Galactic. An earthquake occurred, and Rowan instructed me to head to Lake Valor. There, I found the lake dried up and Magikarps flopping about... I defeated the Galactic people there fairly easily, then moved on to Lake Verity, doing the same thing. Then I headed to Lake Acuity... Actually, I'm still on the way there. I only have four of my team members with me (I left Imp and Robomaster behind); the other two are HM slaves. So I made it through Mt. Coronet and part of Route 216, battling some trainers along the way. I stopped to rest at the lodge there and called it a day.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2010
    Lost to Argenta (Hall Matron) 1st time when my Lv. 100 Blaziken fainted because her Lv. 100 Kingdra used Hydro Pump.

About to EV train Leafeon.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • I just put my level 1 Riolu up for trade in the GTS and got a level 1 Munchlax for it. I think it was a great trade and I'm really happy with it. I've always wanted a Munchlax and knew I would never get one on my own (hours and hours wasted on those damn honey trees.)
    I've always hated Riolu, I've never once used one of them. The way they look just annoys me.

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • Okayso, in my signature, on the second trainer card, which pokemon should I kick off the team for Weavile? Or is it best as it is? I've been wondering this for a while.

other than that, I'm just struggling to beat Cyrus in the distortion world.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Mostly been doing the rounds on Pearl today. I'm trying to catch every available Pokemon in the game and raise them to fully evolved. It aint easy, I can tel ya. Training Hoppip and Togepi in the morning, got them evolved all the way. Then I was very happy, 'cos I was breeding for an Aipom with Run Away (and therefore Technician when it evolves) as my sixth permanent team member. On the second egg I got one with Run Away, and it was Adamant as well! Score! Taught it Shadow Claw, Strength and Brick Break, and trained it to lvl. 29. Then I tried beating up some noobs in the Battle Tower so I could get enough BP for the Aerial Ace TM, and got absolutely murdered by my rival's dad after my 20th straight win (My team consisted of Mismagius, Garchomp and Infernape, so I had no real counter to either Milotic or Dragonite).

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I started my first ever Pearl file recently. So far, the 4th Generation isn't... too bad, I guess. I still don't like some of the evolutions, but it doesn't really matter.

First time I got a starter other than the Fire type. I got Piplup instead, since I'm not really feeling the crazed Fire Monkey (I suppose it makes more sense than a Fire CHICKEN... but it also doesn't really matter).

At Hearthome City. It's probably one of my favorite cities/towns/etc. in any Pokemon game.

Team (including nicknames):
    Male Prinplup (Loren)
    Male Staravia (Raphael)
    Female Budew (Shoshana)
    Female Chingling (Cathi)
    Female Misdreavus (Fae)
    Bidoof the HM Slave (Dalek... don't ask. I give weird nicknames to my HM Slaves)

Last edited:

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • I beat the Sunnyshore gym, and restarted LeafGreen. I'm waiting until Christmas break to finish Platinum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back