• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recent Happenings in Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

syuunikiss

4000+ Eggs Hatched
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    I just hatched my 3,700th egg, going for 4000 next! Hopefully I'll have some a nice IV bred hippo by then.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Well, I suck so badly in Diamond, im still trying to beat the Pokemon Leage... Months after getting my 8th badge... (Stupid number 4!)

And an PMD2:EoT I'm stuck in that tower where you fight Primal Dialga... (I should've trained more...)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    is waiting in'patiently for pkmn pltnm to be release X_X
    meanwhile playing fanmade pokemon games and sucks at them all! :'(

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • I just beat the Elite Four on Diamond 3 times in a row without having to use any items or the poke center to heal any poke on my team! the 4th time I lost at Cynthias chomp

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Decided to start up a Powerhouse Challenge in Pokémon Red. Except i've cheated a little in that I skipped Brock's Gym in order to get to the Pokémon Centre at Mt. Moon and buy a Magikarp off the weird fat bloke.

Levelled it all the way up to Lv. 20 in Viridian Forest. And it's at this point I would just like to say how strongly I dislike training Magikarps. My god, saying it was time consuming and tedious would probably be understatement of the century, they're just such useless Pokémon. Had to keep using up Splashes on Metapods/Kakunas so that I had a move that I could actually attack enemies with. Got to level 15, learned tackle and thought "Great, an offensive move! These last 5 levels will be a breeze!". Wrong. Magikarp and Charmeleon kept getting poisoned off Weedles, Tackle constantly missed (There was one time it missed FIVE TIMES in a row against a Kakuna. Seriously, five) and it ended up being just as tedious as the first 10 levels were.

I shed a tear of uncompromisable joy when this screen popped up:

So now I finally have my Powerhouse Pokémon, a level 20 Gyarados that knows Tackle, Bite and Water Gun (I picked up TM12 from Mount Moon). It also has Splash but I honestly do not regard it as a move in any way.

Now ready to obliterate Brock and his pithy little Onix. Still haven't worked out what i'm going to do when it comes to Surge but i'll cross that bridge when I come to it. OH, and just for the record my Charmeleon's level 20 too. It actually grew quicker than Magikarp did when I was bait-and-switching in Viridian Forest, no lie.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I just started up my FireRed for the first time in a while. The team that I currently have:

Growlithe @ Level 30
    Ivysaur @ Level 31
    Pidgeotto @ Level 30
    Pikachu @ Level 30 and...
    Vaporeon @ Level 31

It seems I hadn't decided on a 6th member of the team, at the time. Looks like I did manage to beat Erika, though.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Completed the challenge with Gyarados, didn't take long and it wasn't all that hard. None of the Gym leaders or Elite Four posed much of a challenge since he was always like 20+ levels higher than their strongest Pokémon. It was rare I had to use potions or healing items, the only things I was using regularly were Elixers/Ethers.

He's now Level 86 and i'm training him up the rest of the way in Cerulean Cave.

Gyardos Level 86
    * Ice Beam
    * Surf
    * Thuderbolt
    * Body Slam

Stats:
    HP: 315
    Attack: 274
    Defence: 219
    Speed: 215
    Special: 236

As you can see, i'm going to have to box trick once he's at Level 100 to get him to reach his max stats.

All in all, was a reasonably enjoyable challenge. Though admittedly there wasn't much challenge in it. I'd be happy to give this another go with a different Pokémon.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • Finally caught my first shiny today!!! it was a zubat! i'm keeping it in the pc for now until i get the national dex when i can evolve it into a crobat! Also i started a new game and am now right infront of mt moon with a pikachu and a wartortle. The pikachu is level 19 and the wartortle is level 21. My final team is going to be pikachu, blastoise, and flareon or arcanine

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2014
    I just completed PMRanger 2 last monday. Got every monster, completed every quest, Beat the Capture Arena and all extra/special missions completed. last thing i need to do LV up my styler to 100 but that game wasnt that good to me. but I befriended all the cool monsters and watching them run with me is awesome.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    working my way through Shiny Gold, Current team:

Typhlosion lvl 40
    Ampharos lvl 30
    Red Gyrados lvl 30
    Krabby lvl 21
    Sudowudo lvl 20
    Spearow lvl 9 (yes I know)

Have 4 badges and am about to trade in a red scale for exp share so I can train spearow easily, then I can go and get badges from cianwood and olivine

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • EV training my Kingdra called Pteryx (Named after the species of Water Dragon that Kingdra is based upon. I know, i'm a nerd). Currently lv 45, and so far the training seems to be paying off. It's got very well-rounded stats, and some of them are a lot higher than some of my other Pokémon who are at an equal or higher level. Also, I checked out it's min and max base stats on Bulbapedia and they're not far off the max available so i'm pleased with that.

Even on an emulator with speed toggle switched on it's a painfully slow process haha. It'll be worth it though when my Kingdra's unbeatable :D

Oh, here's it's current moveset:

Bubblebeam
    Will change to Surf or something later on. Currently only have it because of it's PP.

Dragonbreath
    Happy with this move, will probably keep it.

Water Gun
    Like Bubblebeam, it's only here because it has 25 PP (More battles = more EV pts). Will change later

Twister
    Will definately change later on, not a fan of this move.

Projected moveset:
    Dragonbreath - Dragon move, STAB
    Surf - Best Water-type attack imo, powerful and more accurate than Hydro Parp
    Reflect - To cover the fact Kingdra's defence isn't much to shout home about and also damage limitation against Dragon-type attacks
    Hyper Beam? - Haven't really decided on a 4th move but hey, what's a Dragon Pokémon without Hyper Beam? :D

Last edited:

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    i was gunna say well done for knowing that a kingdra was based on a pteryx but u asked for it so im gunna have to call u a nerd ;)
    looking for shinies i am ;)

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • It's been 2 years since I got Pokemon Pearl and I just beat Volknor. Jesus, I'm slow at this game. I just gave up with the gyms and decided to train a load of random, useless Pokémon. xD

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • As there's a thread like this in the Diamond/Pearl forum, I won't repeat the recent happenings there. But I did play Colosseum for the first time in quite a while yesterday. I just trained my best Pokemon team in Mt. Battle (areas 6-8), and now they're just above level 50. My team currently consists of:

Poppon (male Jumpluff), level 52
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    -Synthesis
    -Sleep Powder
    -Cotton Spore
    -Mega Drain
    *I usually have Poppon first in my party (although he's usually switched out or KO'd at the end), and most of what he does in battle is put foes to sleep. Sometimes he also uses Cotton Spore to make it so that my other Pokemon can attack next. His high Speed really comes in handy.

Plusle (female Plusle), level 52
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Plus
    -Charge
    -Spark
    -Fake Tears
    -Encore
    *She doesn't have a nickname because I received her from Duking. She's an attacker/helper. Often times she will use Fake Tears so that my other Pokemon can do more damage with a special attack that turn. She hardly ever uses Encore, but it comes in handy in rare cases.

Nuo (male Quagsire), level 51
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Damp
    -Surf
    -Earthquake
    -Mud Shot
    -Amnesia
    *It helps that I have three Pokemon who are unaffected by Earthquake, and one who's resistant to it. Nuo has Mud Shot as a backup just in case he has to battle alongside Plusle, or if Skeeter's low on HP. I find that he hardly ever uses Amnesia, though...

Miyage (female Delibird), level 52
    Nature: Relaxed
    Ability: Vital Spirit
    -Present
    -Attract
    -Fly
    -Blizzard
    *I like using Blizzard here because it's powerful and hits both foes, and also because it can freeze. I know Present's kind of lame, but I can't find a good attack to replace it with...

Voldemort (male Misdreavus), level 52
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Levitate
    -Psybeam
    -Shadow Ball
    -Pain Split
    -Perish Song
    *I like to send Voldemort out when my opponent is down to their last two Pokemon, so there's no chance of switching out. I especially like to pair him up with Nuo or Poppon--it depends on whether I want to do a lot of damage quickly or stall while Perish Song counts down.

Skeeter (female Heracross), level 53
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Guts
    -Endure
    -Reversal
    -Brick Break
    -Megahorn
    *Skeeter just learned Megahorn yesterday; before that, she knew Counter, which was practically useless. I find the Endure/Reversal combo works well on someone with high Attack.

I'm probably going to get my team to level 55 before continuing in Realgam Tower.

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • EV training a Growlithe on Silver atm. Even though he's proving even harder to train than Kingdra was, i'm pretty pleased with how it's going so far. He's Lv 25 and his stats are either the max for his level or 5 or less points from the max, so the training seems to be paying dividends.

A question for you guys about a moveset for my (Eventual) Arcanine; I want to learn it:
    Extreme Speed
    Fire Blast - I'd teach it Flamethrower but Arcanine can't learn both Flamethrower and Extreme Speed
    Take Down

And one other move. I'm thinking of trading Growlithe back over onto Blue and teaching it the Reflect TM to compensate for its poor Defence stat but I dunno. I'm not a massive fan of Hyper Beam but it's a possibility. Another candidate is Sunny Day to boost Fire Blast (LOL like it needs boosting).

What do you guys think I should teach it as a 4th move?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back