• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recent Happenings in Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    EV training a Growlithe on Silver atm. Even though he's proving even harder to train than Kingdra was, i'm pretty pleased with how it's going so far. He's Lv 25 and his stats are either the max for his level or 5 or less points from the max, so the training seems to be paying dividends.

A question for you guys about a moveset for my (Eventual) Arcanine; I want to learn it:
    Extreme Speed
    Fire Blast - I'd teach it Flamethrower but Arcanine can't learn both Flamethrower and Extreme Speed
    Take Down

And one other move. I'm thinking of trading Growlithe back over onto Blue and teaching it the Reflect TM to compensate for its poor Defence stat but I dunno. I'm not a massive fan of Hyper Beam but it's a possibility. Another candidate is Sunny Day to boost Fire Blast (LOL like it needs boosting).

What do you guys think I should teach it as a 4th move?

I suppose this is a little late, but if you haven't done it already, you can have an Arcanine with both Flamethrower and ExtremeSpeed on Silver...just train Growlithe to lvl. 50, teach it Flamethrower, then evolve it with the Fire Stone at level 50. When it evolves, it should learn ExtremeSpeed.

As for a fourth move, I'm not the best person to ask about that as I don't really battle competitively. :D

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
    I am training my ingame FR team. Alas! A repetition og=f my team weeks ago. I am saved outside Lorelei's room.

Kabutops
    lv. 52
    Moves:
    Mud Shot <going for ancientpower>
    Absorb <going for mega drain>
    Metal Sound <going for IB>
    Slash

Charizard
    lv. 55
    Moves:
    Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Flamethrower
    Mega Kick

Vaporeon
    lv. 55
    Surf
    IB
    Bite
    Acid armor

Snorlax
    lv. 55
    Rest
    Body Slam
    Brick Break
    Shadow Ball

Mr. Mime
    lv. 55
    Psychic
    Substitute
    Barrier
    TB

Nidoqueen
    lv. 55
    Strength
    Crunch
    Superpower
    Double Kick <going for Sludge Bomb, when I get hold of it>

Mwahaha...

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I suppose this is a little late, but if you haven't done it already, you can have an Arcanine with both Flamethrower and ExtremeSpeed on Silver...just train Growlithe to lvl. 50, teach it Flamethrower, then evolve it with the Fire Stone at level 50. When it evolves, it should learn ExtremeSpeed.

As for a fourth move, I'm not the best person to ask about that as I don't really battle competitively. :D

Oh, it can learn both? That's good news man, thanks =D

I never got round to finishing training up Growlithe, so you weren't too late at all haha.

I'm not one for competative battling either, in fact I can't even remember quite why I was training up a Growlithe exactly. I think it was a combination of boredom and wanting an awesome EV trained Arcanine to smash up the game with XDD

Well, I finally got round to completing the training of my Growlithe. It's now a Level 50 Arcanine, and its stats are pretty good (Which i'd have hoped they would be, given how long it's taken to train the damned thing).

His stats at Lv 50 {The Max stats available are in brackets}:
    Hp: 190 {197}
    At: 161 {162}
    Df: 124 {132}
    Sa: 141 {152}
    Sd: 121 {132}
    Sp: 145 {147}

I used Bulbapedia/Marriland to work out the max stats, i'm 99% sure they're correct. I'm pretty happy with how his stats have turned out, especially his Hp, Attack and Speed.

I still need to learn him a 4th move, atm he's got:
    Extreme Speed
    Flamethrower
    Take Down
    Bite <- This is the one i'm looking to replace

I don't wanna teach him Hyper Beam as he already has 2 powerful normal type moves (Which don't require him to recharge). Sunny Day is an option, I guess, to power up Flamethrower and weaken Water Moves etc, but i'd rather teach him something else given the option. The other move i'm thinking of teaching him is Reflect, to try and make up for the fact his defence isn't too great. But again, it's not ideal imo.

Any suggestions = massively appreciated ^-^

Last edited:

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
    I'm failing against Dialga on my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time.

His Roar of Time is so overpowered.

Gah, DIE PLEASE

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I'm currently training my espeon to Lv.100.
    I'm trying to make a Lv.100 team. This will be my 5th in the team...
    and my 11th? or something overall.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I cought a shiny Machop! EV training my second Scizor. Two EV trained Dragonite, Heart and Soul. (I named them awile back before the new remakes were anounce, so I must have some kind of brain power.)

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I hacked my Silver rom to make the Gym Leaders and Elite Four more challenging by giving them more varied Pokémon at higher levels.

I don't think I realised quite how strong i'd actually made them... Falkner just owned my team with his newly-hacked Pidgeotto o_O

Looks like I have me some training to do...

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Currently training to challenge Volkner(the 8th leader in D/P/Pt). My pokemon are all at lv 55 but I want to take them to 57 before advancing.

Years
    Platinum - I'm training my team to level 45 or 50 (depends how long I feel like walking around in the grass) before I get to the 6th gym

Diamond - thinking of restarting - all my Pokemon are like level 40something (except my level 100 glaceon) and I beat the elite four. FAIL! so I'm gonna trade all them to my brothers Pearl game and restart

Silver/Gold - super old/used from game stop and won't save, sometimes when I'm bored I'll start a new game and see how far I can get before I get bored or the batteries in my GBC die

Dragonfly

Teh Spamfather
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2009
    MrRandomIDon'tCare: I have completed the elite four on my leafg green exactly 1000 times, and all my pokemon, even in my boxes on the pc, are lvl 100. NO CHEATING

do you have a proof pic?

TheSinfulAssassin

Enter the Awesome.
    Years
    Right now i am In the First City in Pokemon Platinum with a lvl 11 Piplup and a level 3 Bidoof ( HM SLave ) and Confused because i dont know if i should Do a Piplup Solo Run or a No Evolutions Run. :/

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I fell asleep in the Battle Tower ( Platinum ) on the 9th battle because it bored me so much. Battery ended up dying and I had to restart. -.-

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    At the moment I'm wasting away in Silph Co. in my Fire Red.... with my all flying team...
    I seriously hate training without the EXP share.. and i'm not gonna waste my time to get a certaion ammount of pokemon in my dex.
    Come on:
    Charizard-42
    Pidgeot-41
    Gyarados-40
    Dragonair-39
    Aerodactyl-22 -.-

so.
    annoying.

Divine~Deoxys

lol.so annoying when that happens. That's why i always catch every poke i see until i got 60.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Haha yeah I just never think about that or I'm just too lazy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back