• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

recommendations of what to watch?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yo so I'm a pretty new to watching anime (pretty sure I've never posted this section in my life). I've been watching a lot though lately, so I've been looking for more to watch. I'd say I'm a pretty casual watcher, what I've been watching seems like pretty mainstream-type stuff. I prefer dubs, but if something is like really good, I can do subs. Not really sure what the genre labels are so I can just list some of the stuff I've enjoyed and stuff I haven't. It seems like mostly rom com sort of stuff and some action. Nothing really off limits, would love to hear any of your suggestions.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - First one, loved it, but maybe it was more nostalgia than substance.
    Toradora - Nice break from the supernatural stuff.
    Princess Jellyfish - I thought the plot was interesting, wish they did more than like 14 ep though.
    Sword Art Online - Watched the subs for SAOII bc I didn't really feel like waiting for the dub.
    Kill la Kill - With SAO/KLK/Aria, I wasn't so keen on the idea of action at the start, but I feel like it was pretty well done. The blood in this one particularly was kinda overkill haha, but I liked the characters. The skimpiness and outright nudity was a little much, but I mean, it didn't bother me too much.
    Aria the Scarlett Ammo - I feel like the acting/dialogues were pretty bad (might just be the dub), but I watched it and enjoyed it more as the series went on.

K-On - I've liked the whole high school scene so far (Haruhi/Toradora) but this show was just awful imo
    Gurren Lagann - Started this one the other day, after 2 ep, not a huge fan, but idk might continue it.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Long time no see, Flushed.

I'd say Steins;Gate should be one of the next things you watch. It has a very slow exposition, but after it picks up, you'll be blown away.

It's a show about science, romance, loss, and memes.

You'll love it.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah it's definitely been a while!

Looking at wikipedia, it looks like Steins;Gate is a sequel to Chaos;Head? At least a sequel game wise, but Chaos;Head has it's own anime, should I watch that as well?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Hey there person who thought I was someone else conpletely different than Candela

Chaos;Head ain't worth the time don't even bother. Those two are completely seperate stories despite it being mentioned as a prequel to Steins;Gate.

Anyway, if you like SAO, then you'll probably like Log Horizon. It has the same setting, being trapped in a video game, but the difference is that in Log Horizon nobody can truly die and respawns just like in the game. It also focuses quite a bit on the politics as well.

Shdwj

Excuse me?
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2016
    If you're into rom-coms, you should definitely watch Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions. I found the male and female protagonists to be extremely lovable, and it had a lot of laugh-out-loud moments--mainly due to the extreme adorableness of the series as a whole. :)

EDIT: How could I forget: Clannad. Clannad. :>

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Thanks y'all, I'm on like Ep. 6 of Steins;Gate. Pretty decent so far, really interesting characters, although I'm not sure I'm completely sure what some of their deals are haha, but I guess I'll find out.

Will definitely check out your other suggestions though!

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Here's what I recommend watching: Fushigi no Umi no Nadia (if you can find it, anime is 25 years old, found it in DVD last summer at the price of 80$, a really great classic), Assassination Classroom, Utawarerumono, Persona 3 movies, Akatsuki no Yona, Rail Wars, Summer Wars, Wolf Childrens, anything from Studio Ghibli, Angel Beats!, Outlaw Star, Captain Harlock movie, Spice and Wolf, World Trigger, NGNL, Re-Kan! (this one is hillarious, you really should watch this anime), Danmachi and I'm passing over hundred of titles I have stored somewhere. It's going to take a long time for me to dig them all up from my head.

Back