• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recommended Anime (Anime Summary and Thoughts Thread)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    So we've gotten a lot of different threads in the past about people asking what kind of anime they should watch next, detailing their anime preferences, and having people respond to that. This is meant to help a bit with that kind of thread.

So basically this is where you can recommend anime to the people at this forum.

The layout should include at least the following (and probably in this order too):

Name
    In the name, there should be the name of the anime, obviously. If you know the other name of the anime (Japanese, dub, or fansubbed translation) put that too if you can.​

Genre(s)
    This is important, as it allows the reader to see what kind of anime is likely to fit their tastes. The recommended genres used should be in one of the following catagories:
    • Action: This kind of anime is chock-full of fight scenes
    • Adventure: Something happens, causing the main character, usually in a group, to go on a journey. Shown by the way that a series rarely stays in one place/town/city for a long period of time.
    • Comedy: I really don't need to explain this, but comedic anime are funny.
    • Fantasy: This can fall into one of two elements (or both). The first, and most prominent, fantasy element is the use of magic. The second element that an anime can fall into is a more historical approach, as in the storyline is set in times that had no modern technology.
    • Mecha: Generally giant robots, mecha anime usually fit into the sci-fi genre, but some people prefer non-mech shows, so it's left as a separate category.
    • Romance: I think this is a little self-explanatory, but hey. Romance focuses on the relationships between the main character (usually male) and one or more secondary main characters (usually female). Can be flip-flopped, depending on the anime, but generally follows that form.
    • Sci-fi: The science fiction genre will usually have very futuristic equipment
    • Slice of Life: Generally, this genre depicts normal life. The shows may rarely have a storyline and focus more on a comedic nature to entertain the audience
    • Supernatural: The series within this genre will usually have some sort of phenomena, such as ghosts, or other spirits involved.
    I'm sure there's more, so if you think of anything, drop me a PM or something with the name of the genre and a good description

Summary
    A brief summary is fine. Really, there ARE some anime with storylines that are really hard to explain (like slice of life). So feel free to cut a little bit of this. Be sure that if you go to another site to grab a summary that you give them credit, kay?​

Thoughts
    This is where you state what you thought of the anime and why you may have liked it. Feel free to write as much as you want in this section. Just leave any (major) spoilers you may have in spoiler tags​

Optionals:
    Picture
    Episode count, or Intended episode count

Example: Grabbed off blue from way back in 2006ish
    Jigoku Shoujo

Episodes: 26
    Genre: Supernatural

Plot: Enma Ai is known as the Jigoku Shoujo, the Hell girl. She lives in a place that is cast in an eternal sunset. Jigoku Tsuushin is a website that allows you to gain revenge on people that you feel deserve it. Enter the name of the person that you want to be sent to hell and the Jigoku Shoujo will appear and grant your request...at a cost. For sending the soul of your tourmenter to Hell, your soul will also be cast into Hell.

Thoughts: Episodic in nature as the first eight episodes don't connect to one another, this is one of the better series to air this year. It's serious in tone almost all the time, the art is done by Toei and is also done in the same style as the first four Digimon movies. The animation may not be for everyone as it's mostly an acquired taste. The story won't really go anywhere for the first nine episodes, but the episodic nature of the first episodes is done well enough to keep your attention all the way through. Around episode nine, we're introduced to two protagonist who try and find out more about who the Jigoku Shoujo is.

And also, feel free to create a duplicate recommendation. If someone has already made a recommendation, you can just mention the name and your personal thoughts on that series like this:
    Series name: Thoughts
    However, please don't devote a post to just one response. At least have a few response thoughts, or a recommendation to go along with a single response. At the same time, you can drop one of these kind of recommendations if you don't have enough time

Oh, and one more thing, if the thread has been dead for quite a while (that means a few days time), i DO give permission to double post to post up a new recommendation.

Last edited:

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Zero no Tsukaima (The Familiar of Zero)

Genre: Fantasy, adventure, romance, comedy

Episodes:
    First season: 13
    Second season (Futatsuki no Kishi): 12
    Third season (Princess no Rondo): 12
    All in all, there are 37 episodes to watch on the moment. There should also be a fourth season, but that has yet to be announced.

Summary: (Only first season, otherwise I would be dealing out spoilers) Hiraga Saito is an ordinary high school student from Tokyo. One day, he finds himself in an unfamiliar world: there are two moons on the sky, people can do magic and a cute girl called Louise the Zero tells him that he is her familiar now. So, Saito has to obey her as he doesn't seem to have a way to get back home. He soon finds out that Louise is called "Zero" because she's the only one who can't use magic in her magic academy. However, Saito decides to obey Louise, because for the while being, he doesn't seem to have a way to get home. Soon after, a strange thieve attacks Magic Academy and rumors about the secret, rare magic, the Void, are heard...

Thoughts: Even though the plot is very generic, this anime is done very well. It has action scenes, revealing schemes, romantic drama, comedy (I laughed out loud several times) and heroic deeds in portions that suit both the tastes of girls and boys (this was practically the only anime my boyfriend and I have both loved). Also, the two seasons continue to story without feeling filler-ish at all. The ending of the third season suggested that more is to come, and I, for one, can't wait. This is really a good series, even the magic academy is done in a unique way.

This far, the second season was the best one, but I expect some serious awesomeness from the fourth season. The third one ended in a very exciting place. I hope they hurry up.

The only minor setbacks were Japanese voice actors mispronouncing french names like Louise (Ruisu) and the not-too-occasional cartoonish beatings Louise gives Saito. These are not major plot elements, so if you can get over some serious mispronouncing and so on, you should definitely watch this show. Also, the romantic relationship can sometimes get frustrating because it doesn't develop very fast, but believe me, whenever it does, it's a lot more rewarding than it would be if it happened more often.

So, join me to wait for the fourth season! Watch the first three and fall in love with Louise, Saito and their friends in this rather well-made world with two moons on the sky!

A picture of the main characters
    A cookie for the one who spots Saito, our ordinary Japanese high school student from the picture!
    The pink-haired girl is Louise and the red-haired girl, Kirche, is her arch enemy as well as her friend. She has enormous breasts, but don't let it bother you. It's just to get more money from middle-aged otaku men xD The black-haired maid is Siesta, Louise's rival.

Last edited:

*MitSuKi*

Look I'm your friend, see?
    Years
  • I'm bored today, can anyone recommend a comedy anime please?

I've seen Full Metal Panic.
    Fushigi Yūgi (ふしぎ 遊戯, Fushigi Yūgi? lit. Mysterious Play) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yuu Watase. It was originally serialized in Shōjo Comic from May 1992 through June 1996. The manga series was given an English language release in North America by Viz Media, which started in 1999. Spanning eighteen volumes, Fushigi Yūgi tells the story of two teenaged girls, Miaka and Yui, who are pulled into "The Universe of the Four Gods", a mysterious book at the National Library.
    The series became very popular and was later adapted into a 52 episode anime series by Studio Pierrot. The series originally aired from April 6, 1995March 28, 1996 on the anime satellite channel Animax and the regular cable channel TV Tokyo. The anime series was followed by three Original Video Animation releases, with the first having three episodes, the second having six, and the final OVA, Fushigi Yūgi Eikoden, spanning four episodes. A thirteen volume Japanese light novel series also followed Fushigi Yūgi. The novels were published by Shōgakukan from January 30, 1998 to September 26, 2003. On October 25, 2003, Watase began releasing a prequel to the manga series, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden. through

rosewisteria

~Cuteness is NOT a crime~
    Years
  • I'm bored today, can anyone recommend a comedy anime please?

Nodame Cantabile

Genres: comedy, romance, slice of life

Episode Count: 23

Plot Summary: At a top music academy in Japan, Shinichi Chiaki's arrogance is matched only by his top-notch piano playing. But when Chiaki and the teacher get into a fight, he's demoted to the reject class. Chiaki is left to pursue his dream of being a conductor while surrounded by a bunch of loser musicians and one annoying girl, Noda, who has proclaimed herself Chiaki's girlfriend. It doesn't help that Noda, who insists on being called Nodame, lives right next door to him. (quote from ANN)

Thoughts: Nodame is one of the most beloved heroines of all time and for a good reason, she's very funny. With Chiaki as a male tsundere, it is one hilarious anime. :)

Mr_Dark

Poke Dev.
    Years
  • Hellsing

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Horror, Vampires

Episode Count: 13

Plot Summary: Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, an organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissfully unaware populace. Along with its own personal army, Hellsing also has a few secret weapons. Alucard, an incredibly powerful vampire, has been controlled by Hellsing for years. Although he dislikes being a servant to the Hellsing family, he certainly enjoys his job as Hellsing's vampire exterminator. Seras is a fledgling vampire and a former police woman. Although reluctant to embrace her new self, she is still a valuable member of the organization. Integra Hellsing, the current leader, is usually fully capable of fulfilling her duty, but lately, vampire activity has been on the rise. Unfortunately, the cause is more alarming than anything she could have imagined...

Thoughts: One of the better vampire series out there. Atm. they are releasing Hellsing Ultimate, it's the same story only the story is 100% like the manga :D

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I'm bored today, can anyone recommend a comedy anime please?

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Genre: Comedy, Slice of Life.

Episode Count: 12

Summary: Itoshiki Nozomu is always in despair! Even simple things like paying for the toll on the subway can send him to a despair so deep only attempted suicide is the answer. How Strange is it then, that he should be the teacher of a High School Class filled with students with even more emotional problems than his. This great Comedy will leave you in anything but 'Despair' as you meet each of his students and watch their wacky adventures. -MAL

Thought: Really hilarious. One of the best, and one of my favorites. It gets a little bit repetitive though. It also gives dark humour on some parts (Like violence and such).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Is there any anime around that's just completely depressing?
    Think of the episode in Elfen Lied showing Lucy's childhood, but without the supernatural powers.

I suppose you could call it slice of life, only with the comedy turned into its complete opposite.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Is there any anime around that's just completely depressing?
    Think of the episode in Elfen Lied showing Lucy's childhood, but without the supernatural powers.

I suppose you could call it slice of life, only with the comedy turned into its complete opposite.
    Name: Bokurano; ぼくらの; My

Genres: Sci-Fi, Mecha, Horror, Fantasy, Drama

Summary: There are 15 kids who go to summer camp (8 males and 7 females), and they end up discovering a cave near a beach they were playing at. They discover a man who calls himself Kokopelli, who is supposedly a programmer working on a brand new game about a large robot that defends the Earth from 15 different alien invasions. He persuades all but one child to sign into a contract and test the game. Later, they wake up on the shore thinking that what they discovered was a dream.

Thoughts: This anime cannot be completely enjoyed unless you have the patience to watch it all the way through. Even if you do not have much patience, I still think the first episode ends in a way that compels the watchers to continue watching because it really does leave you at a cliffhanger. I would go more into detail, but I really rather not spoil it for anyone. Even though Slice of Life is not one of the genres for this anime, I still think it has its moments where this genre is applied. The children have to go through a lot, and there are many times throughout the anime where you feel sorry for them, since they lose, let's say, something very close to them after each battle. Again, I do not think the first episode will be as exciting if I go into more detail, so that is as far as I will go.

Story: While watching the scenes from the opening song, you figure that the anime will be a typical mecha with the typical battles, and since you are told that there are 15 children and 15 alien battles, it is hard to be persuaded the battles are going to be very unique. That is partly correct. The battles do seem overused a lot, but the actual plot for the anime is rather unique. As you continue watching, you learn that there is more to the actual battles with the "aliens" each time. There is a deeper meaning in the anime, but it is the watcher's duty to figure it out, which is a good and bad thing. If you are just watching an anime for enjoyment, then I really do not suggest this. However, if you wish to analyze the anime and find the deeper meaning, then this will probably interest you.

Animation: The art is rather simple, and I did not have any problems with it, but I think it could have been better. Sometimes simple art works well for certain kinds of anime, but I think it was not completely fitting for this one. There have been plenty other anime out there that have successfully been able to pull off the simple style of animation before, but unfortunately this one could not. The 3D for the mecha battles were actually pretty good, any way.

Sound: The opening song, Uninstall by Chiaki Ishikawa, was impressive, I thought. She has a pretty powerful voice, and it really worked for the opening. I think the music could even make up for some of the disappointing animation, but that is just my opinion. The ending songs work too, but Uninstall was mainly the only song that captured my attention.

Character: I really could not favor one character over another in this anime (partly because almost all of them "disappears" by the end), but I liked how one of the characters in the beginning acted like a total jerk, and eventually lightened up in the end. There is actually a side story that explains why his attitude is like that, but I cannot be bothered to explain everything in that area. You will learn that some of the characters live depressing lives, pretty much like any other anime, but I do not think there is any one perfect character in this show, which makes it more enjoyable.

Enjoyment: I just really liked how this anime played out overall. I think I said this before, but it is a rather unique story. I do not recall there being much comedy or any at all, but I think that works for some people. I believe most watchers will definitely cry during some episodes. I have to admit that I did.

Overall: 8/10

Episode count: 24

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Name: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Genre(s): mecha, sci-fi, action, comedy, and a little bit of romance and drama.

Summary: A boy named Simon is the top tunnel digger for an underground village. One day he finds a glowing drill pendant, which turns out to be the key to a small mecha he uncovers a short time later. After this happens, the village is attacked by a gigantic mecha called a Gunman: Simon defeats it using his newly found mecha, with the help from a mysterious girl named Yoko, as well as a lot of encouragement from his rambunctious friend Kamina. The three proceed to the earth's surface, where an epic struggle against the gunmen for humanity's survival ensues.

Thoughts: Arguably the most epic anime in existence. It begins in a tiny underground village with three humans battling a mecha that crashes through the ceiling, and ends...well, you'll just have to watch to find out. Lots of action, a truly inspiring plotline, fantastic art, and a surprising amount of plausible science make this an anime that every sci-fi lover (and anime lover in general) needs to see.

Episode Count: 27

Pic:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Name: 5 Centimeters per Second

Producer: Makoto Shinkai

Genre: Drama, Romance, Slice-of-Life

Summary: The movie comprises of three stories, each episode dedicated to a certain perspective and the emotions and thoughts of the character involved. Although each deals with only a small part of the overall plot, together they ascertain a deeper understanding of the main protagonist, Takaki Tono and how he develops through the experience; the second episode in particular establishes his older self from the view of another.

In essence, the movie depicts the strain of distance between growing love and the result of the two central characters' resolve to stay in touch, but inevitably drift away. It's also evident throughout the beginning episode of the strength of the two's budding relationship through their desparation to remain together. Though their adolescence is portrayed in sentiment, their time spent is fleeting; episode two specifically depicting Takaki's growing loneliness and his inability to pursue his torn relationship. The third episode proceeds further still, him now living alone and unable to move on from his childhood.

The conclusion of the film wraps together the portrayed notion of transition and the impassable distance between potential lovers through the image of a railway crossing, similar to that of the initial scene depicting the ensuing story of separation. The raw emotions that tell the tale of bittersweet love and the disappointment that accompanies it are well established, and by the episode's end, the viewer will more than less feel for the characters involved.

Thoughts: Startling real, compassionate and relatable, the movie is a staple Makoto Shinkai film, worthy of any genre fan's attention. I immediately empathised with the main character and felt disillusioned to other recounts of the same story. Emotionally unsettling but equally engrossing; the film is arguably one of Shinkai's bests.

Episodes: 3 (22 minutes per episode)

brinazarski

AKA Spotted or Poke'ShipperNya
    Years
  • Name
    Azumanga Daioh!
    Genre(s)

Comedy/Slice of Life

Summary
    This is a really random anime. Literally. It's hilarious, and some stuff is just...omg xDD It's about these girls in high school, and...kind of hard to explain. No plot. At ALL.
    Thoughts
    This is the best anime I have ever watched in my life. I love it. So much. I recommend it to everyone. It's the greatest anime ever in my opinion ;-;
    Optionals:

Main charries :3
    Episode count: 26 ((there should be more ;-;))

Last edited:

Aeteryn

»»» Lᴜсκʏ☆Sтᴀʀ Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ «««
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    Couldn't resist recommending my favorite anime.

Name: Lucky Star

Genre: Comedy, Slice of Life

Summary: It's an anime about a few high school girls and their amusing lives. Konata is the otaku of the group, obsessing over anime and games (as a few of us probably do XP). Kagami and Tsukasa, the purple haired twins, are near opposites; Kagami is the grounded, logical sister, while Tsukasa is an airhead. Miyuki is a "walking Wikipedia", as mentioned by someone I can't seem to remember now. It's hard to summarize such a random series.

Thoughts: Personally, I enjoyed the comedy immensely. It's not a particularly deep anime, but it's good for the laughs. However, Lucky Star is not for everyone. It can be slow-paced at times, and the jokes are often based in references to other series as well as Japanese otaku culture. If you've watched many other series (Full Metal Panic, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, etc.) you may enjoy it more.

Episodes: 24 (approximately 24 minutes per episode, counting OP and ED, as well as next episode previews)

PS: Aeteryn, if you read this, I'd like to point out that Konata does not take kind upon those that are sticklers about spelling, especially procrastination spelling, but it's fixified.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bay

Years
  • Name: Black Cat

Genre(s): Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Comedy

Summary: Basically it's a story about this young man named Trainer Heartnet who used to be in the secret society Chronos, an assignation group that does it for the greater good. At first he is a ruthless and heartless killer and is known as Black Cat due to his quickness. However, after he meets this woman named Saya who taught him how to care for other people and to live life the way you want to, he then becomes a sweeper (bounty hunter) and travels with two other people Sven and Eve. Their travels though would be filled with the Chronos and another organization called the Apostle Stars going against them, and finding out many revelations.

It's more than that, but REALLY had to explain as a there is a chain of series of events going on during Trainer and his friends' travels.

Thoughts: I just love this anime. There are a lot great characters, many comedy relief, others more serious but some depth in them. The comedy in the anime is great. My favorites are when Sven went through with "Operation: Hello, Kitty, Kitty!" and the parts where Jeanos proclaim his love to Rins. There are also a lot of dramatic moments too, but I won't spoil them. :)

The one setback is the plot is confusing and rushed at times, due to many things going on at a short amount of time, but a great one nonetheless. There's really no clear cut antagonist (at least to me) as many times there will be members who are against their group behind its back, members in the same group hating each other, friends becoming enemies, enemies helping each other, etc. Think of it like this season of 24 so far. ;)

Episode count: Technically 23, but there's one extra episode (Episode 24) that explains some of the plotholes that appeared in the second part of the anime. I highly recommend watching Episodes 1-13, 24, then 14-23.

Not sure if I can, but I also want to do another recommendation, but a duplicate one. :P

Lucky Star: Like Aeteryn, I too enjoyed the comedy a lot. I love the references the show has put in and the characters are funny, especially Konata. And oh, the opening song OWNS. XD

Last edited:

Aeteryn

»»» Lᴜсκʏ☆Sтᴀʀ Fᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ «««
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    Man, I've been gone a while.
    Is a triple recommendation okay?

Before I start, for those of you who don't know, a visual novel is a computer "game" of sorts that involves mostly text and images to go with the text. It's a virtual storybook of sorts. But like those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books, you get to decide at certain points how the story goes. This allows for a lot of replay, and many overlapping storylines.

Name: Air

Genre: Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Slice of Life (at times)

Summary: Air is an anime adaptation of the visual novel of the same name. Yukito Kunisaki is traveling, looking for a supposedly winged girl his mother told him of in his childhood (trust me, it's not as cheesy as it sounds), and stops in a small town to try and make some money. He meets a girl named Misuzu there, and she quickly befriends him. Here, he decides to stay. Any more, and I'll probably give it away, since it's a heavily story driven anime.

Thoughts: Very well animated, and the story is brilliantly put together. Overall, it's lighthearted, but gets very serious about halfway through. It gets pretty emotional. The pacing may seem a bit off to some, I guess though. There's basically no action or fanservice or whatnot, so it's really for those who can appreciate an anime for its story and emotional impact alone, with a little bit of comedic relief every now and then.

Episodes: 13 of 24 minutes each

-----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Kanon

Genre: Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Slice of Life (at times)

Summary: Kanon is yet another anime adaptation of a visual novel. Yuiichi Aizawa often visited his cousin Nayuki in another city when he was younger, but something happened, and he couldn't come back for seven years. Now, he's going back, and he can't remember anything about his past there. He meets a bunch of girls that are all in someway involved in his past, and as he talks with them and helps them out, he starts to remember things.

Thoughts: Again, the animation is simply amazing, along with the story. Similarly to Air, fanservice is completely absent, and action is very sparse. It's all about story and emotional impact. It does get very emotional (to me at least). Call me a sissy or whatever, but I cried at one part.

Episodes: 24 of 24 minutes each

Name: Clannad, and Clannad After Story (first and second season)

Genre: Drama, Romance, Supernatural, School, Slice of Life (at times)

Summary: And again, Clannad is yet another adaptation of a visual novel. Tomoya Okazaki is a delinquent who meets a girl named Nagisa on the road to school. She is unsure of herself, and tries to encourage herself for the school day ahead. She's been sick for a while, enough to have to repeat a school year, and obviously this is stressful. Tomoya feels he needs to help her, and while doing so, he becomes friends with several other girls at his school and helps them out.

Thoughts: This is a lot more upbeat and humorous than the other two. It runs through their school days and is rather casual. This one didn't strike me as particularly emotional until partway through the second season, which I haven't finished, by the way. Otherwise, it's hard to say much other than watch it. xP

Episodes: 24 each season of 24 minutes each

So. By the way, all the visual novels these were based on were written by one company, Key. Also, each of these anime was produced by Kyoto Animation, an up-and-coming (I guess?) studio already well known for such titles as the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and Lucky Star (go watch 'em!).

Sorry if that was too long.

Last edited:

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

Episodes: 26
    Genre: Supernatural, Horror, Thriller, Mystery

Plot: On one hot summer day in 1983, a transfer student named Maebara Keiichi comes to a peaceful rural village in Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika, and Satoko. Accepted as a full-fledged member of the "club," Keiichi and the gang plays all sorts of activities ranging from card and board games to hide-and-seek. But just as Keiichi was beginning to be assimilated in simple rural life, he stumbles upon the dark history of Hinamizawa. As Keiichi dives deeper into the mystery, he finds that his new found friends may not be all what they claim to be.

Thoughts: The series is so creepy, which makes it interesting. The way the series is split into arcs makes it all the more. I would recommend this Anime, but don't watch it at night if you want to sleep, watch it in the Afternoon. It's creepy as hell.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Name
    Sailor moon/Bishōjo Senshi Sērā Mūn
    Genre(s)Adventure,Comedy,Fantasy,Romance

Summary Usagi Tsukino/Serena, lives as an ordinary middle school girl until she is found by a talking cat named Luna. Through Luna, Usagi learns that the world is about to be attacked by a Dark Kingdom that had appeared once before, long ago, and destroyed the kingdom of the moon. Her dormant powers are then awakened to defend the Earth against the coming onslaught, and she is led to a number of friends who join her in the battle. Usagi fights using the identity of Sailor Moon, and as the story progresses she learns more and more about the enemies which face her and the evil force that is sending them. Gradually she discovers the truth about her own past life, her destined true love, and the possibilities for the future of the Solar System.
    Thoughts
    Well its a really cool anime AND manga,and erm get obsessed!
    Optionals:

200 episodes and 18 volumes!

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Name: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion/Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    Genre(s): Action/Mecha/Supernatural
    Episode Count: Season 1 - 25/Season 2 - 25/Total - 50

Summary:
    The series is set after Japan's conquest by the Holy Britannian Empire on August 10, 2010, a.t.b. with their powerful new robot weapons, the Knightmare Frames, stripping Japan and its citizens of all rights and freedoms and renaming the country Area 11. The titular Lelouch is a Britannian prince who gave up his right to the throne after his mother was murdered, and has vowed to destroy his father, the Emperor, and Britannia. He gains the ability through the mysterious power of the Geass, becoming the leader of the resistance movement to fulfill his two wishes: to seek revenge for his mother and to construct a world in which his beloved sister Nunnally can live happily.

-----

Name: Death Note
    Genre(s): Supernatural
    Episode Count: 37

Summary: Light Yagami is an extremely intelligent young man who resents what appears to be a relentless increase of crime and corruption in the world around him. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note," lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the notebook's authenticity, but after experimenting with it, he realizes that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the New World" by passing his keen judgment on those he deems to be evil or who get in his way.

Detox

Can anyone suggest an anime thats similar to Soul Eater thats not named Bleach?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Can anyone suggest an anime thats similar to Soul Eater thats not named Bleach?
    Tried to PM you instead of posting, but you have it disabled.

Anyway, here's a list of user recommendations on MyAnimeList for stuff people thought was similar to Soul Eater (and why they recommended it). Ignore the first one on the list.

Back