• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recommended Anime

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Hello everyone. Hope the day is treating you well. I was wondering if anyone could recommend to me any anime that they think is worth checking out. For the past three years I haven't watched anything because I don't know what's good and what's not good. So if you could give me a few suggestions that would be great.

Years
  • Hey Kyo Tsukino ! Well, I'd say the same thing is happening with me. I'm pretty much in mid of a conflict between boredom and excitement. I've almost completed every anime in my computer and now I'm looking forward for new ones.

But, it would've been nicer if you enlisted the genre you like the most !

But i can, suggest you some.

Clannad- This show will give you some heavy pearl drops. Yet season 1 fails to be such exciting. Season 2 which is "Clannad: After Story" truly lived to my expectations. Clannad might seem boring in the first gaze, or even till the end of the first season ;p but, I assure you my friend, season 2 is 1000x times better than the first season. It left me touched. It's a romantic, supernatural series which is heavily based on the emotions. I really cried like a toddler (even worse) after completing season 2. The pearl drops consisted both the gloom and happiness.

The story is about two high school students who fell in love with each another, became family, and went through tragedy. The story is just enough to make you shed tears of happiness and sadness. But the story isn't of sorrow at all, instead, happy ending is transpired in the epilogue or simply, in the ending.

Season 1 is pretty boring and mostly consists of Character Development, I'd suggest you to go through the pain of boredom or (excitement, based upon your taste) and feel season 1 to feel the real "feel" of season 2. Without watching season 1, I'd say it won't leave you so influenced.

Steins; Gate - One of my favorite anime ever ! It left me touched for day, made me a quantum physics freak! and made my life. Even though so, I wouldn't recommend this if you're not heavily into science fiction, or if you're not into so heavy stuffs. But this series contains everything, from action to romance. This series is still my favorite and am looking forward to re-watch it again in a next few years !

Tells the story of a self proclaimed mad scientists, and how he discovers TIME TRAVELLING , But much to our emotional demise, our protagonist finds some heavy secrets of time travelling and the consequences full of grief due to the alternation of time. The series, is so far, for me, the best ever produced.

One Punch Man - This is a hilarious humorous comical anime which shows the over ascending, over evaporating powerful aura of our protagonist SAITAMA! Saitama was a common man living in his own world in general, until the day when he became inspired to be the strongest in the world. He practiced every day and night, shed tears of blood and finally transformed into a being holding the power of universal demolition (We cannot say that, because according to the author, Saitama, yet is to be serious.) His amazing power leaves you speechless.

The action scenes, in my gaze is best the Japanese industry ever produced ! The action scenes will give you goosebumps !

The anime might seem like very boring for it's cover, but never judge an anime based upon it's cover my friend ! The anime is going viral all over the media. You can search it in google if you don't believe me.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Ah my apologies. I didn't realize the genre part was left out. Thank you for the suggestions. I'll check them out when I have the chance to.

As for the genres I'm looking for something that falls into action, adventure or comedy. Maybe romance too. Just as long as it's not yaoi. I'm not into that.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Do you have any anime that you've watched in the past that you've liked? If you have, let us know and we might be able to recommend you something of similar taste?

Action, adventure or comedy. Maybe romance

Hunter X Hunter 2011Action, Adventure
    Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Romance (Definitely, definitely recommend this one! I'm not much into the Romance, but this is a brilliant anime.)
    Assassination Classroom Action, Comedy
    Angel Beats Action, Comedy
    Yamada-kun to 7-nin no MajoRomance, Comedy
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Comedy, Romance
    Noragami Action, Adventure
    Nagi no Asukara Romance, Drama
    Ouran High School Host Club Comedy, Romance

Sports animes are amazingsauce Action (and sometimes comedy) even if you don't like sports.
    For those I recommend:
    Haikyuu!!
    Diamond no Ace
    Yowamushi Pedal
    Inazuma Eleven

Hit or Miss:
    It a very: You might like, you might not like - hit or miss with these anime:
    Aoharu x Kikanjuu Action, Comedy
    Mirai Nikki Action (also Mystery, Psychological, Shounen, Supernatural, Thriller)
    Mawaru Penguindrum Comedy but strong mostly in Drama, Mystery, Psychological

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I can't remember the names of the anime I've watched. Majority of what I watched were recommendations. Thank you for the list by the way.

Years
  • Hey everyone ! My exams are ending so I have so much time to watch anime so plz can anyone recommend me any anime like
    Where protagonist is like full badass but not too overpowered or godlike . Like ichigo from bleach. Action , romance, adventure anything can do

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    @CarcharOdin Thank you for the link. I'll check it out later.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Onegai Teacher - Because someone already Shigatsu I'll list my second most favorite romance/drama. It's the first romance/drama that I sat and binge watched. And then I binge watched it again. And I think I might have watched it another time or two in the past few years. It's kind of a typical alien girl meets human guy and falls in love type thing. But god damn if I don't love the hell out of it. On my ex's and I's six month anniversary we sat and watched it together and it pretty much got her into anime and then she didn't leave the house for days. I could go on for days about it, but just leave it at you should watch this.

Samurai Flamenco - apparently you'll either love it or you'll hate it. It's a kind of power rangers type deal, but with so much more in it. Twists and turns and an ending that leaves you just looking stupidly at the monitor that you're watching it on. I didn't like it when I was going through the first two or three episodes, but by the end I definitely walked away satisfied.

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
    Years
  • I haven't watched too many anime series but I'm planning to catch up on a bunch of what I'm missing (which is partly the reason I came to this thread). But these are a couple I watched recently that blew/are blowing my mind.

Knights of Sidonia: It's got really interesting multi-dimensional characters, an actually interesting futuristic sci-fi setting with a proper backstory (a thousand years after humans had to flee from Earth). It offers a lot of insight into philosophical questions, and it even explains the science and physics of what goes on in the show. It's actually very similar to Attack on Titan because I watched them back-to-back, because it's about humans stranded in an isolated location and under the thread of extinction by monsters. I personally prefer Sidonia over AOT.

One-Punch Man: watch it. It's one of the best anime I've watched.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    @aeternum & Shhwonk Thanks to the both of you. I'll check them out when I have the chance to.

Back