• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Recruitment & Team Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Hack Details
    Name: Pokémon Antipathy
    ROM base: Pokémon Emerald
    Language: English (maybe with other translations later depending on demand and availability of translators)
    Progress: 5% (we have fakemon concepts maps and trainer sprites)

Story Background
    Here's an excerpt from the old team page- "The brand new region where the events of Pokémon Antypathy take place is an insanely harsh environment, where volcanoes clash with the seas and scorching deserts meet frozen wastelands. This creates great diversity among the Pokémon that dwell in the region and strange type combinations. It has also led to several groups of people who attempt to weather the extreme conditions and adapt to 1 of the environments and utilize it, becoming "masters" of their environment. However, most people choose to reside in the safest area of the region, its calm center. Not all is well in the region though, as dark forces begin to rise, and tensions stir between the environmental master alliances across the landscape. Many sinister trials await our hero, with the stakes far too high, the consequences far too devastating, for failure to be an option."

My Skills
    I'm comfortable with basic to intermediate scripting and mapping. I could do some other things if necessary, but they aren't my strong points. I've picked up some stuff from my former team, who just seemed to vanish all at once in the middle of everything. Lots of great ideas that I can share if you want more info, including the Pokédex.(Thay Haymaker) ME ( trainer spriter)

Jobs Needed
    Tileset Creator and Inserter - This is very, very important, since the hack revolves around the environment, so amazing-looking tiles for each type of environment are needed.
    Scripters - At least 1 really advanced scripter would be great, especially since I'm considering implementing some player decisions.
    Spriter - Everything from trainer and item sprites to Fakemon sprites and their smaller overworld sprites
    Contact Info
    Just PM if you are interested, specify your skill(s), We have a Skype chat just add Slyarch on Your Skype And Then Ill Add U to the convo. Thanks in advance, I look forward to getting this rolling and having fun with this!

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Name: Pokemon Aquatic Flames
    Rom base:Ruby
    Language:English
    Progress:0.5%

Story Background: In the Starting sequence instead of choosing a boy or girl you ether choose team aqua or team magma and go through there story.In the story you will have to complete missions assigned by your leader of your respective team such as getting the red/blue orb from mount pyre or getting the papers from the dev.corp worker in the forest. along the way you will encounter trainers such as Steven Brandon May and wally

My Skills: im pretty good at Spriting and a little bit of mapping

Jobs needed:
    Tile-set creator and insert-er
    composer
    Scripter(This is one I need the most)
    and Mapper

Contact info Skype message me at Live:dwilton21_1 or pm me

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    Hack name: No name yet
    Hack of: Fire red
    Information about the hack: A lot of new Pokémon in a new region in which some Pokémon have started to rebel against humans for a mysterious reason
    Finished percentage: 4 gyms
    Your hacking skills: Mapping, scripting (pretty good but not unlimited)
    What help or skill you're looking for: Spriter, concept artist, some sort of publicist (eg. releasing screenshots, gameplay footage and betas)
    Additional contact information: Skype: therobadobs
    Additional information: The layout of the region is nonlinear and gyms can be done in different orders but still scale up depending on how many are beaten.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2015
    Pokemon Cobalt & Amethyst- Recruitment Thread​

elDoI6u.png

A new generation awaits…

The folks here at Edged Reality are making history by creating the very first custom ROM hack in a NDS game (Light Platinum wouldn't count- the creator has converted it from the GBA platform).

By custom, we are referring to a totally new game- no "edits" to existing ones, such as Blaze Black & Volt White (which are still very good edits, BTW!).

Using a base engine derived from Pokémon Platinum, Edged Reality is committed to building Pokémon Cobalt & Amethyst from scratch - from the ground up. No files are reused or taken from Pokémon Platinum - all will be wiped, and our custom ones take the stage. Purely the theoretical use of what is possible (IE- camera angles, map treatment) is used by Edged Reality.

A new, custom adventure awaits in Pokémon Cobalt & Amethyst.

With 151 new, custom Pokemon, Cobalt & Amethyst looks to differ itselves from other ROM hacks. Namely, Cobalt & Amethyst looks to completely revolutionize the very art of Pokemon games themselves, setting a new standard for the way they're played and made.

Cobalt & Amethyst will be coming to the following platforms:

-PC
    -Nintendo DS (via a flashcart)
    -Nintendo 3DS (via a flashcart)
    -iOS
    -Android
    -Minecraft

Edged Reality has decided to partner with Phoenix Projects in order to bring Cobalt & Amethyst to Minecraft. Phoenix Projects is responsible for the Minecraft platform, while Edged Reality is committed to creating Cobalt & Amethyst on the other aforementioned platforms.

============================================================================================================================================================

Edged Reality is looking to recruit a team of dedicated individuals to work on this revolutionary project.

Positions for consideration:

-Web developers- Code knowledge required, see below (0/2)
    -Concept art/trailers/graphic artists (1/5)
    -Spriters & modellers (0/5)
    -Map-makers (0/3)
    -Coders/toolworkers/tool-editors- namely, people who can work with the tools and editors required to create this game (0/7)
    -Tileset creators (0/2)

Department descriptions

Department: Map-makers
    Skills required: Knowledge of creating maps, using custom tilesets, and so forth. Not every skill is required, due to the multiple amount of people occupying this position.
    Application task: Create a small, imaginary map of a Pokemon town. You may use your own tilesets, or use ones already derived from whichever ROM you are using.

Department: Concept art/trailers/graphic artists
    Skills required: Competent-to-skillful hands at drawing, 3D modelling, and so forth. Not all aspects are required, due to the amount of people requested for this occupation.
    Application task: Concept Art- Draw a rendition of a made-up Pokemon, as well as an imagined concept art of a trainer. For trailers, you must create a 3D rendering of three objects found in a Pokemon game of your choosing (lamps, benches, a gym statue, etc.).

Department: Tileset creators
    Skills required: Knowledge of creating custom tilesets, as well as the necessary programs to do so.
    Application task: Create a custom tileset for an imaginary Pokemon town of your choosing.

Department: Web developers
    Skills required: Minor knowledge of HTML and CSS (Non compulsory however this will highly boost your application), and a high knowledge of Python, JavaScript, or Ruby on Rails (Required).
    Application task: Create a small program within a HTML document that asks a user to sign up or login. It should ask for a username and password, and not allow the user, if signing up, to use a username that is already taken. For the login function, simply give the user a message saying "You are now logged in". A complex function here is not required, nor is an extensively decorated site.

Department: Spriters/modellers
    Skills required: Knowledge of creating custom sprites and models of characters and Pokemon in-game.
    Application task: Create a custom sprite & a custom Pokemon of your choosing.

Department: Coders/toolworkers
    Skills required: Knowledge of working with the necessary tools with the hack- IE, attack editors, palette editors, etc.
    Application task: Show a small excerpt/edit you have made from a ROM. Examples could include different starters, retextured palettes, etc.

======================================================================================================================================================
    Template for Application:

Name: (Your online name)
    Task/Proof of concept: (Link or download with MEDIAFIRE OR DROPBOX ONLY)
    Will you commit yourself to this project?
    Why should you be part of this? What can you bring to the project?
    Contact details: (Email & Skype (Skype is compulsory))
    Can you work well/comfortably with others?
    Are you ready to have FUN?

Example application:

Name: JohnTheWebGuy
    Department: Web Developers.
    Task / Proof of concept: A link is found here: XXXXX

I will commit myself very much to this project. I can see it is a one-of-a-kind ROM, and I am a serious yet light person.

I have a high knowledge of Ruby on Rails, but unfortunately not of HTML or CSS. I can create very well functioning programs for the edged Reality site, including a forum.

My Email: [email protected] Skype: JohnTheWebGuy400

I can work well with others- I am not the kind of person that gets into arguments, and can maintain a balance between seriousness and having a laugh.

Oh yes- I am ready to HAVE LOTS OF FUN!

===========================================================================================================================================================
    Points of contact:

[email protected]

https://twitter.com/edged_reality

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    Hack name: Pokemon Absolute Version
    Hack of: Emerald
    Information about the hack: The Vervis Region is the region of Stones! The Mystic Stones littered around the Vervis Region has grown attraction by Team Nil who seek the power of Infinite Energy and wish to create the ultimate Pokemon! Will they succeed?
    Finished percentage: 8%
    Your hacking skills: Advanced Mapping & Knowledge in Coding that has opened the door for better scripting capabilities. (Seriously, the scripting looks easy.) Also, I can sprite quite well.
    What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, Animation, Sprite Development, Author, Illustrator, Story Developer
    Additional contact information: [email protected], [email protected], and here at PokéCommunity.

Additional information: I have a great number of experience with Advanced Mapping, including adding scripts and events. This is all due to a past project I did with a friend long ago, and I have recently finished the over world of the Vervis Region. Any map creation left will be handled and finished by me. If you wish to see a picture of the completed over world and a map, just pm me and I will give you the links.
    The game is relatively a Generation III game with mostly Generation III Pokemon. There will be an addition of 3 Pokemon into Pokemon Absolute Version: Shaymin, Arceus, and Togekiss. Arceus will mostly show as only a silhouette during an event and Togekiss is a Pokemon used by an NPC, therefore these two will not be obtainable. The same can be said of Shaymin. This game is mostly based upon Germany and the story is centered around Opal or Topaz as they battle Team Nil. For more information, you can read the Pokemon Absolute Fanfiction and find that a lot of the experience in the fanfiction occurs in the game.
    All project management will be overlooked on Google Drives in a folder I will share. If you are willing to help, please contact me and I will share the file with your email. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    Looking for a spriter

Hello, this may be the wrong place so please move the thread to the proper area if necessary.

My rom hack team is looking for an extra spriter or two to help finish up some gen 3 style Pokemon, trainer, and maybe overworld sprites.

Please PM me for details. - Camerupt

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2018
    Hack name: Violent Violet
    Hack of: Firered (Us)
    Information about the hack: This will follow Sabrina's "rise" from being alone to being decieved by Giovanni and Team Rocket.
    Finished percentage: 2% (at most, ive simply begun changing starters and planning the events)
    Your hacking skills: Amateur, I understand how to use several tools and am adept at learning, but have not had much practice.
    What help or skill you're looking for: Sprites and planning. Those are the two main things I need help with. I would also gladdly accept help with developping the story and specific speech.
    Additional contact information: Skype: Djarcn Email: [email protected]
    Additional information: I have many more ideas that I plan on putting into motion myself, but everyone began someplace and I would be glad to learn and accept ALL help! :D

Shadow_Link

OP ORAS Master
    Years
  • Hack name: Unknown As Of Now
    Hack of: Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
    Information about the hack: Welcome to the Mesta Region! You have just turned 12 and you have moved to a new town called Fellador.... Starters across 3 different generations, with one from each generation. More to come soon!
    Finished percentage: Less than 1%, as we have not finished writing the storyline, and because we are still recruiting.
    Your hacking skills: I am an okay mapper, but I am still learning most of the stuff.
    What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for all positions except testers. We need a mapmaker, scriptor, and spriter.
    Additional contact information: Nothing Really, just PM me
    Additional information: It would be great if you could join us!

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    Hack name: Haven't completely thought of a name, but something like Pokemon War Origins or something of the like.
    Hack of: Emerald
    Information about the hack:
    Lots of info:
    Custom Maps
    650 pokemon
    physical/special split
    Custome story/scripting
    Finished percentage: Currently, about 10% or so. Have all the 650 pokemon, including sprites and abilities, etc., as well as physical special split
    Your hacking skills: Borderline none. I'm mostly looking for help or a mentor on where to start and help guide me through the process.
    What help or skill you're looking for: See above. Mostly mentor to get started.
    Additional contact information:

Additional information: This hack isn't anything too crazy, and certainly has had something like it before, but I really would like a shot at it, and some help!

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    Pokemon ROM hack (no name)

The rom hack I am building (0.012% complete - map drawn, story outlined) is going to be a story driven hack with plenty of lore, depth, and battles. Not much else has been decided however.

(All names are place holders)

Story: You are in the region of Myras, a region warm below the central mountains, but north is a freezing wasteland, and ice floes. You start your journey after 'the inventor' (effectively professor oak) give you your starting gear. But as you progress, you encounter team enigma, a seemingly motiveless team intent on colliding the spirit world with ours with the help of deoxys. You must team of with the mysteriously powerful trainer Stratus to stop the team, and their leader, Anthony. But why do they wish to bring about the merging of two very different worlds? And how will they reach deoxys?

(I chose an icy region type as I felt it fit the theme of the game, getting colder the closer to your goal you get)

I have skills in the mapping and tile changes, but I also need:
    An advanced pksvui user
    A spriter for pokemon and trainers (I'm really not that good)
    Someone with means and knowledge to insert sprites, edit the title, ect.
    A play tester (or two)(later in development)

If you are interested, email me at [email protected]
    Thank you!
    (Also I already have plot twists in mind!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2015
    Hi guys.
    I made this thread because I only got into hacking a few days ago, meaning that I don't have any skills whatsoever, maybe a tiny bit of mapping skills.
    I wanted to share with you all my idea for a pokemon hack. The only thing I can do is make up a story in a matter of minutes.

Title: Pokemon Medieval Version

Rom Hack of: Ruby/Emerald

Story in short:
    You are Kent or Kyra, a young boy/girl who dreams of become the biggest and strongest pokéknight in existance. You live in the region of Wenos
    The region is located 500 years in the past before the first pokémon game. The region consists of small towns and Castles.
    In order to become a Pokéknight, Kent/Kyra will have to obtain the 8-16 seals of approvals from the Highest ranked Pokéknights in the land.
    At the same time the evil wizard .....(need a name) wants to become the king of the region by creating a team of grunts and knights to take control of the Pokéstar. The Pokéstar is a huge crystal in the core of the earth which supplies power to the entire world, the one who controls this crystal controls the world. You (Kent/Kyra) has heard about this wizard through the newspaper. you want to join the Pokéknight's conquest to save Wenos and the entire earth.

I will post a file with the entire story later but i was just wondering if anyone was interested in helping me, you don't have to be one of the best hacker's out there. If you have a little more experience then me i would be glad to have you join the team.

finished percentage: 0%, i have a concept and a story I can easily expand on, but no maps/anything else.

your Hacking skills: anyone is welcome.

My hacking skills: none except basic mapping(placing tiles and making a map look decent) but I learn easily and are willing to learn anything related to rom Hacking.

Please PM me if you're interested.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    Hack name: Pokemon Altimar Version
    Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red
    Information about the hack:It's a brand new day in the Astro region. Today the player turned 10 and will be getting his starter pokemon, but deep somewhere an evil by the name of Garijus has awoken and this has caused widespread damage and famine. Afterwards joining a group of others- they have to save the world.
    Finished percentage:0% to 1%
    Your hacking skills: Giving ideas but am still a starter.
    What help or skill you're looking for: Good at map editing (using advance map1.95), scripter (XSE/PKSVUI),Sound editting,sprites(both humans and Pokemon) editing.
    Additional contact information: You can PM me on my pokecommunity account.

Years
  • Hack name: Pokémon Clover
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Information about the hack: This is not a one man job. This is a team effort by /vp/ of 4chan. Together we've made a ton of maps, made a plot, and have made a Pokedex of completely original fakemon. It's in our new region, Fochun! Silly jokes abound the region, and it is partly based on the boards of 4chan.
    Finished percentage: 40%
    Your hacking skills: As a team, we have mapping, asm insertion, a load of creative people for fakemon, and some low level scripters. As an individual I've got a lot of experience with scripting, so I'm mainly helping out there.
    What help or skill you're looking for: We want you, yes you, to help us write scripts! So far I'm the only major scripter on the dev team, and we're looking for people with even small amounts of scripting knowledge to help out. If you don't know how to script, I'm willing to teach you if you ask. You can contact me by PM on here, and I'll help you connect to our private IRC. You can also go to /vp/ and Ctrl + F -> Clover and post that you're here to help us with scripting.
    Also if anyone would be willing to pop into our IRC and help one of us insert one tileset that'd be great. We've already got it indexed and all, so if you want to help, we would all appreciate it.

Years
  • Oi, VanillaMisk here. I'm looking to do some beta testing. I work off my phone and have a few projects going, including making my own hack but as of now I don't need any help. Just here for beta testing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Need a project to work on? I have plenty of ideas for a hack

I need someone who wants to work on a project for a hack. I have plenty of ideas to make one of the best hacks to ever be created. Plenty of new ideas that no one has came up with before. Let me know if you'd like to work on it

Years
  • I need someone who wants to work on a project for a hack. I have plenty of ideas to make one of the best hacks to ever be created. Plenty of new ideas that no one has came up with before. Let me know if you'd like to work on it

Your post has been moved to the Recruitment & Team Building Thread, but please update it with more information based on the guidelines of the first post in this thread.

Years
  • Hack name: Pokémon Solar Topaz/ Lunar Amethyst

Hack of: Pokémon Fire Red

Information about the hack: Based in a completely new region just to the North-East of Kalos, the Alvion Region is a brand new experience with a slightly steeper battling curve and introduces 120 new Pokémon along with a plethora of old faces too, The Region, which is based on the United Kingdom, holds tales of old and horrifying secrets of a war long past, and two groups of rouge villains, both at each other, trying to unveil the secrets of what caused Fossil Pokémon to be known as fossils, You, as the main protagonist must put these two teams to an end, the fate of the Alvion Region, its inhabitants, and the world, solely rests on you, and your teams' shoulders.

Finished percentage: Unsure of an exact percentage, the map has been laid out, but in game the first 3 towns, and 6 routes have been finished, a gym leader has been fully redone, the Pokédex of Fakémon has been laid out, but only a few have been added, and the story line has been *mostly* finalized.

Your hacking skills: Sprite work, Map making, altering Pokémon stats and everything, so pretty much the basic stuff.

What help or skill you're looking for: Sprite workers, Music, new Pokémon sounds, Tilesets, Hexadecimal workers and Scripters are the main need for this Hack, any other help would be more than welcome as well!

Additional contact information: My Skype is Big.Tim.Hardin.1 and that's about the only way to contact me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    Hack name: Pokemon: New World
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Information about the hack: The idea is what if Pokemon came to our world, the real world. Our Hero/Heroine is a young 12 year old girl/boy who has always loved the Pokemon games and has played them for most of his/her life. He/She is bullied during his/her time at school and uses Pokemon as a form of getting away from it since he/she has no friends because of the bully and his group making sure no one befriends him/her. Why the bully hates him/her is unknown but he/she doesn't tell her family about it since their family already has enough issues. His/her father died in a car crush just after his/her little brother was born and only their mother has been there to raise him/her. He/She doesn't want to bother his/her mom due to all the work she does to take care of them. One night our hero/heroine is in their bedroom and hears a weird cry from behind their house near the small forest behind their house. He/She notices it sounds familiar and sneaks from their house to go check what it is. Only to find the last thing they expected, a Pokemon.
    Finished percentage: Unstarted due to the fact I am still learning.
    Your hacking skills: Coding and mapping but only very beginner level. Otherwise Writing is my main skill which I am very skilled at.
    What help or skill you're looking for: Coders, Mappers, An Assembly Coder would be good, Tile Inserters. Basically everything.
    Additional contact information: PM here or at my skype insanitys-love and at my email [email protected]

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2015
    I actually have multiple ideas for different ROM hacks, I will gladly share my other ideas to those who contact me, but for this post I'll discuss my favorites
    Hack name: Pokemon Type Challenge
    Hack of: Whatever the design team is good with
    Information about the hack: Imagine a place, like Jurassic Park for example, where you go to take on The Type Challenge (name pending) where you go and collect Pokemon where they are divided by their type on sections of the island, and the goal is to beat every Type Master to collect their badges, 18 total for 18 types of Pokemon. Simple concept but I plan to up the ante with difficulty among other things.
    Finished percentage: 5%, most story is done and the Type Masters teams are decided

Hack name: Pokemon Battle Network (name pending)
    Hack of: Whatever the design team wants to work with
    Information about the hack: Think of Pokemon in the style of the Mega Man Battle Network games with a sprinkle of the sci-fi book "Ready Player One". Takes place in our world where Game Freak has given into the demands of Pokemon fans and have created a giant online game where you can log in and battle people all around the world. And the creators have created a competition to have players battle and search for a grand prize in the game promising fame and fortune.
    Finished percentage: 5% most story developed

Your hacking skills: None, I'm no tech or computer wiz, I'm a director, a writer, an avid console gamer and die-hard Pokemon fan. I can come up with ideas and creative solutions if we were to run into problems.
    What help or skill you're looking for: Any and all.
    Additional contact information: Skype is kev-moonlight15. If you can't get a hold of me there because I'm not always on Skype unless this were to take off, you can get a hold of me on the Kik texting app as well, my Kik name is Moonlight1500
    Additional information: I apologize if I come off as noobish or whatever, coming here looking for help to create ROM hacks where I plan not to help in any kinds of means hacking wise. But who knows, maybe we could work something out like, the members of my team can help make my game and I can help on the writing and other sorts on theirs if they need it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back