• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Recruitment & Team Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 3, 2016
Anyone in need for custom Pokémon Sprites?

Hi there fellow Pokecommunity members!!

My name is Andi and I am a (fairly) young pixel artist from Austria. As my current work on the Siralim roguelike RPG is drawing to a close, I am looking around for new work and wanted to reach out to you and ask if anyone needed some exquisite, custom-made and designed Pokémon sprites to make their hack extra-special and unique. Besides commercial/paid projects, I have been working on my own hack(s) for the GBA and for the GB (the latter being based off of Pokémon Blue). These projects of my own go by the name of "Pokémon Prehistoric" and I am planning to replace all regular Pokémon with "homebrew", prehistoric ones. Please find some samples of my custom-made prehistoric Pokémon in the attachments. However keep in mind that these were my first steps in the realms of pixel art and I have improved ever since. So if you are in need of a skilled spriter for a GB/GBC/GBA Pokémon Rom Hack (guess I could try my hand on NDS ones as well) please do contact me at my personal email at

[email protected]

Also note that I also do Trainer Sprites and Overworld Sprites. What I can't do is making custom tilesets. Lastly I have to say, that alas, I cannot work for free since this (making pixel art/sprites) makes up the biggest part of my livelihood... Pay is very much negotiable though! So yeah, if you think you'd need my skills do not hesitate to contact me anytime.
Gotta Sprite 'em All!!

Kind regards,

Andi

Attachments

• Seite 2 small.jpg
    Seite 2 small.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Seite 3 small.jpg
    Seite 3 small.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Seite 4 small.jpg
    Seite 4 small.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 17
  • Seite 5 small.jpg
    Seite 5 small.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 17
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 1, 2016
Hack name: Pokemon Gold EX
Hack of: Gold
Information about the hack:The game itself is basically the same, except there is two new rivals instead of the one we're used to. Lyra will be playable as the female character, while Kris is a NPC rival, (however when you play as Lyra, your other rival will be Hiro/Gold instead. There will be a level increase, there will be new pokemon and also all pokemon will be obtainable via being caught, bred, or evolved. Mewtwo and the birds makes a HG/SS style return. Celebi and Mew can be obtained while they roam around the region after you defeat the pokemon league. After obtaining all 16 badges you can battle a stronger pokemon league and also battle gym leaders for rematches in their gyms once a day. There will be special remade sprites and also some custom sprites from the other gens as well.
Finished percentage: 0-5% (I've been working on sprites, so I haven't put much editing detail to the game itself yet)
Your hacking skills: Sprites (Making and inserting), Pokemon/Trainer editing, Pokemon Stat editing, Wild Pokemon Editing, Item/TM editng, and a few others that's not off from the top of my head
What help or skill you're looking for: I need someone with the knowledge of using a hex editor, as I don't really have the hang of using it yet, so any person will to do that would be appreciated. I also need someone that can do new maps/events (such as Cerulean cave or the minor storyline edits for the 2 rivals). And I also need someone to do scripting.
Additional contact information: I'd rather not reveal my contact information on a public forum for everyone (including non-forum members) to see, so I'd appreciate it if you'd PM me first on here. Thanks (I hope that's not against the rules^)
Additional information:

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Dark

Hack of: Fire Red

Information about the hack:
New region-Zankar
Recently discovered region due to the clamitc war of the Earth and Sea. Located north of Hoenn. Due to the war of the Earth and the Sea,there was a relocation plan for all pokemon and people alike.

Complete new story
386 original hack-may expand if theres a big demand.

Not much else to say until the team is made but I have alot of ideas.

2 Rivals

Theres a high difficulty for those players that like a challenge.

All pokemon are obtainable one way or another-no trade evolutions.

New

Fairy type

Physical/Special split

Items from later Generation to be added.

Battle Dojo-Ev training

A new powerful legendary

Day and night-with events

Catching contest

Tournament

AND MORE

Finished percentage:
0% -most of the details is in drafts and written up,currently drawing up the mapping.

Your hacking skills:
Basic Mapping (still learning)

What help or skill you're looking for:
Scripting-HEX,Mapping anything is welcome.

Additional contact information:
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/183671801977237/

Additional information: Plan on making weekly updates after an alpha and beta

want me to do anything for ya? well i'm a noob but at least i work for free and have lots of resources

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Hack name:Un-decided
Hack of:Fire-red
Information about the hack:I have decided to finally create a project and stick to this one, I have always been able to do the graphics of the game easily enough but I lack the skills in advanced scripting, and that is why I am here to try and get a small but efficient team to get it done.
Finished percentage:2% Mostly (graphics)
Your hacking skills:Basic scripting, mapping, tile insertion and animation.
What help or skill you're looking for:Advanced-ish scripting, sprite insertion and other graphic changes(Battle backgrounds ect) and anythinf else you have to offer.
Additional contact information:Contact me via pm with some proof of your skills and we can exchange other info from then on.
Additional information:If you want to have a look at the visual side of the game here:(just a sample map)
Spoiler:

Shogun

I'll be back
Years
Hack name : Pokémon Cloud White
Hack of : Fire red 1.0
Info : Here
Progress : Main game is complete, but the game is still in dev to improve the quality and adding new maps, quest, ...

Skills and help needed :
-Someone able to replace 4 or 5 battle background of the game
- Someone able able to add simply Asm script
- Someone able to expand the max amount of the overworld

Years
name of the hack: pokemon fire red hack(the name will be changed)

base rom : firered (u)
story: the story takes place three years after the events on pokemon r/s/e (the region could be kanto from pokemon g/s/c) and the main character will be wally from r/s/e
progress: 0%
Your are good at: I have started in the world of rom hacking and I don't know how to use the tools, but some tutorials wil help me a lot!
I will try to add for myself (using a tutorial) to add the fairy type that it is not difficult to add (i hope)
skills I will need:spriters, mappers ,anything that could help
contact me here or at my email [email protected]

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2020
Hack name: POKÉMON TRUE RED
Hack of: Fire Red (U)
-It's a hack where the pokedex is limited to the first gen pokémon and it's pre/post evolutions from other gens.
-The idea is to make a world championship after the league where you face the best trainers of the world (famous trainers from the game like Gold, Clair and etc...).
-Some big events like the movie mewtwo strikes back, it would start as Giovanni's pokemon and after that it will have a specified place but to reach him we will have to face it's clones.
-Reusable tms, moves till 6th gen, etc etc etc... (Maaaaybe mega evolutions)
-Some others ideas.
Finished percentage: 5%
Your hacking skills: I'm new in pokemon hacking but have some knowledge in computing, I'm good in mapping.
What help or skill you're looking for: The preference is a person with good event skills but the most important is to be committed person.
Additional contact information: PM me or sand me an email ([email protected])

Last edited:
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Duplicity Version
Hack of: Pokemon Emerald
Information about the hack: The hack plans to be something new and not seen often in Pokemon games. It's about deception.
Finished percentage: 0%
Your hacking skills: I am teaching myself how to edit the Pokedex, I've learned what pointers are, and I THINK I know how to script.
What help or skill you're looking for: If you can map, it'd be the absolute biggest help of everything. Also if you've got some scripting experience I'd love you to fill me in so I can make sure Im 100% right in what I am doing.
Additional contact information: My skype is SuperCphiro.
Additional information: I can give you a lot more information and answer questions directly if you reach out to me on skype. I promise you that I've got a great idea and I'm easy to work with.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
Hack name: Pokemon Twilight Version
Hack of: Fire Red
Information about the hack: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9053636#post9053636
Finished percentage: 1%
Your hacking skills: Writing, Mapping, Scripting
What help or skill you're looking for: Looking for someone with a lot of scripting experiance
Additional contact information: Just PM me
Additional information: Really looking to get this ROM going, but I don't want to start until I know that I'll be able to make it happen. I think this has the potential to be the next big hack!

Also, I would be interested in merging teams with anyone who wishes to do so. Compromises can be made to accommodate everyone.

Last edited:
Years
Hack name: Chaos Fire

Hack of: Fire red

2 new regions: Zankar/Chiron
2 New rivals
386 hack(may expand a few)
Physical/Special Split
Fairy type
Base stat changes: Some weaker pokemon to be boosted(For example Jynx and Smoochum boosted to match stats of Margmar and electabuzz)
Shadow Pokemon
Well known characters from the anime make appearances
New evil team-Out to destroy all life
Rewards for unobtainables
New Items: Purity Stone for example
Gyms and League will have a variety of types so that it is more difficult and will have 6 pokemon.

New Feature:
Battle Dojo for EV training
IV grading system
Championships
Catching contest
Trainer Castle

Hacking skills: Mapping( I am new so still learning most areas.

What help im looking for: Anything and everything

Contact information: PM me
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009758046962
Email: [email protected]

Additional Information: Got majority of plans written up

INDIAN MEW(ARAZI)

THE WORLDS MOST DUMB MAN
Years
Hack name:POKEMON DARK CURSE
Hack of:FIRE RED
Information about the thread is jere hack:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9057399#post9057399
Finished percentage:0.1%
Your hacking skills:pre-begginer I can use advance map and some other tools but I dont know scripting and tile inserting
SCRIPTER.
TILE SET CREATER.
SPRITE makers
ASM Insertion, OW Insertion and Editing, Spriting, Image Editing, Sound Editing, Tile Editing

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 24, 2016
Map makers needed for rom hack

I'm looking for a couple people to help me with my Fire red rom hack.

game: Firered

progress 1% (maybe)

story: I was planning on having a ton of side quests that you can receive from people throughout the world and from posted around the towns as well as to-do lists that can be found inside pokemarts and specific buildings. You will receive a special reward for completing a side quests as well as (quest points? or maybe reputation points that will allow you to get access to harder quests.

new features:
ability to buy houses
(some houses will have special stores with discounts. some houses will allow you to heal your pokemon and the most expensive house will have a day care center)
a training tower- this allows you to train your pokemon in a special building where the levels of pokemon can be capped out at a certain level.

needed roles: I'm looking mainly for map makers to (of course) make specific maps while i write all of the coding.

the best way to contact me is by kik: @mindl3ss8796

Years
Hack Name: Pokémon Caelus
Hack of: FireRed
Information about the hack: There's a lot of info, so here is a link to the main page: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9070963#post9070963
Finished percentage:~1%
Your hacking skills: Mapping, Scripting, Spriting(Poorly)
What help or skill you're looking for: Just about anything, from Mapping and Spriting to Scripting and Music Importing
Additional contact information: PM if you want to help, we can get started from there. If need be, I can add you on Skype.

Thanks, guys!

Years
HACK NAME: Pokemon XY Emerald
HACK OF: Emerald
INFORMATION ABOUT THE HACK: it is the kalos region in gba
PROGRESS: 1% (vaniville toen, route 1 and aquacorde town made)
HACKING SKILLS: tile inserting, mapping, hex editing and spriting (A bit from all)
WHaT HELP YOU ARE LOOKING FOR: mappers, scipters spriters, etc
ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFORMATION: PM here ot in SKype (luchofisz)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hack name: Pokemon: Dust (Working Title)
Hack of:
Emerald
Information about the hack: So far there are four things I'm sure of about this hack
1. Zelta is the Region Name
2. The Kalos Starters are the starters (Chespin, Fennikin, and Froakie)
3. I want to change the trainer icons for the players
4. NO CUSTOM POKEMON! (In all caps because I mean it)
Finished percentage: Only Metabolic (Idea phase) so far
Your hacking skills: Starting (that is why I'm finding a hack team)
Coding (NPC, Trainer, Events, Pokemon)
Mapping (Interiors, Caves, etc.)
Music (for the more custom themes)
Spriting (Pokemon, Rival trainers and Gym Leaders)
Beta Testing (so we can have multiple veiwers)
I'll be the director, giving ideas, setting up the site, and beta testing
Skill needs to be good and will have to deal with conversing by E-mail I can't deal with chats (just can't)...
Contact Info: [email protected] with the header Recruitment (Postion) (Pokeforms Username)

I'd be happy to help with Beta Testing!(Contact: PM here. Email: [email protected])

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2023
Hack name: Pokemon Shadow Series (Starts with Pokemon Shadow Fire Red)
Hack of: Shadow Fire Red is a hack of Pokemon Fire Red!
Information about the hack: Pokemon Shadow Fire Red is based in the three years in the future after G/S/C/HG/SS happened so Jhoto & Kanto exist in this game. So do Sinnoh, & Unova. You will have to go to the past in Pokemon Shadow Emerald, Gold, Silver, Yellow, & Pokemon Shadow Ruby! While in Pokemon Shadow Crystal, Green, & Red You go even further in the future to about eighteen years after the events of ORAS!
Finished percentage: 1% to maybe 5%!
Your hacking skills: Basic Scripting, Basic Mapping, some Pokemon Editing, Some Item Editing, Some Move Editing, using Pksv Scripts, Using Advanced Map.
What help or skill you're looking for: Someone who knows ASM, Hex Editing, Advanced scripting, Spriting, help me edit TM's/HM's and other Moves(edit function and name), Advanced Mapping, World Map Editing, Inserting overworlds, Inserting Battle backgrounds, Inserting Tiles/Palletes, Some Item Editing, Beta testers, Some Move Editing, Pokemon editing, item creating, Inserting Mega Evolution.
Additional contact information: Not really any other way than by email; [email protected]
Additional information: Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited:

ARKA9

The evolved police dog.
Years
Hack name:Pokémon Geas Version
Hack of:Pokémon Fire Red English (U)
You would be kowing the real story if you join our team
a) New Indoor Outdoor / Cave Tiles
b) Day/Night (100 % implemented)
c) (Obviously) New Titlescreen and gamefreak intro (100%implemented)
d)"Mysterious" Story Line
e) Super cool scripts
f) Classic original Pokémon (can be changed)
g) much more.... (as per team's request)

Finished percentage: 1% or more or less
Your hacking skills: Titlescreen editing, mapping, some hex editing other tools such as YAPE etc.
1. Mapper
2. Scripter Co- Scripter
3. Storyline designer
4. "Co-Leader" who can look out when i am inactive
5.Tileset Insertion
6.Beta Testing (Maybe not now but when we release BETA1)
7.Spriter
Additional contact information: Contact me at [email protected]
Additional information: Apply For the project here

Last edited:
Years
  • Fl
  • Seen Apr 14, 2017
Hack name: Pokemon PSI Version
Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red(U)
Information about the hack:You are looking for an apprenticeship with a Top class Magician, named Gerald, that you idolize.
Finished percentage:0-1%
Your hacking skills:Advanced Map, Basic Scripting, Yape
What help or skill you're looking for:Trainer sprites, Tilesets, Advanced Scripting, Need New Intro, Need all 721 Pokemon implemented

Additional contact information:Email me at [email protected] Subject should be PokeCommunity
Additional information:I will edit this post if I remember anything else.

Attachments

• WGyGCMhl.jpg
    WGyGCMhl.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back